Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0320

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On the Bus! We hear the thoughts of the Wests Tigers fans who joined us for the coach trip to Bathurst on Saturday. Joel and Eddie also take a closer look at what went wrong against the Panthers.
https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0320/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In regards to Jahream, I’m pretty sure he’ll be a very good fullback, he’ll be better as the squad improves too. I very much doubt he’ll be a Reece Walsh who is a superstar as pointed out yet in his first 34 games at the Warriors as starting fullback they won only 9 games. Yes, Walsh was showing some classy signs, mainly due to his speed, but it’s only since joining the Broncos that he’s progressed to “superstardom”. Jahream won’t be a Walsh but who will? I think anyone who has met Jahream will agree he’s a young man who listens well & is very disciplined in the way he goes about things. They’re good signs for a young fullback who wants to learn. 

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

In regards to Jahream, I’m pretty sure he’ll be a very good fullback, he’ll be better as the squad improves too. I very much doubt he’ll be a Reece Walsh who is a superstar as pointed out yet in his first 34 games at the Warriors as starting fullback they won only 9 games. Yes, Walsh was showing some classy signs, mainly due to his speed, but it’s only since joining the Broncos that he’s progressed to “superstardom”. Jahream won’t be a Walsh but who will? I think anyone who has met Jahream will agree he’s a young man who listens well & is very disciplined in the way he goes about things. They’re good signs for a young fullback who wants to learn. 

Jahream doesn’t straighten the attack yet but I think if the team had another centre on that right side who was a powerful runner of the ball it’d help his game develop. The club do have a couple of teenagers in Saukuru (Flegg) & Makasini (Matts & hopefully sticking around) who could fill that role in the next season or two. Galvin & Saukuru had a very good combination going in SG Ball although it was on the left side.  In terms of carrying the ball back that needs improving but I’d expect he’ll work on it & we’ll see him get better over time. Reckon his strength will be his ability to work with his outside backs as he is already trying things now, sometimes ok, sometimes not but, again, it’ll just take time to develop that part of his game.

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I thought the suggestion of playing Samuela on the edge was good but, unfortunately, I don’t think we can afford to move him just yet out of our prop rotation where he probably adds more punch than the others. I think Pole has been a little underwhelming at 13 too so the more punch in the middle we have coming off the bench the better. I wonder if starting Samuela at 13 & having Pole off the bench might be an option?

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

I thought the suggestion of playing Samuela on the edge was good but, unfortunately, I don’t think we can afford to move him just yet out of our prop rotation where he probably adds more punch than the others. I think Pole has been a little underwhelming at 13 too so the more punch in the middle we have coming off the bench the better. I wonder if starting Samuela at 13 & having Pole off the bench might be an option?

Maybe, but he was playing wider in the Panthers game (after Bateman switched to centre) and showing some effectiveness.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

Maybe, but he was playing wider in the Panthers game (after Bateman switched to centre) and showing some effectiveness.

He was very effective on the edge, and I would love to play him there but at this point he is probably needed in the prop rotation.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

I said this a few weeks ago about Sam…i actually think a move to front row for Ice may be the best move. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Apologies to Mike, he had a chat to me on the bus as well but the recording quality was poor.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Looks like some of your suggestions for team make up have come to fruition. Sam Fainu in 2nd row starting and Bateman moves to lock. Well done. Now all we need is for Latu to get some extra minutes, Api to get a rest and the new winger to run the ball back with energy and purpose.

Let's see if the "blowins" mid week give credit for some insightful comments. 

I actually enjoy the podcast no matter who is on but I do have to use Google translate sometimes to understand Declans accent. 😅 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Looks like some of your suggestions for team make up have come to fruition. Sam Fainu in 2nd row starting and Bateman moves to lock. Well done. Now all we need is for Latu to get some extra minutes, Api to get a rest and the new winger to run the ball back with energy and purpose.

Let's see if the "blowins" mid week give credit for some insightful comments. 

I actually enjoy the podcast no matter who is on but I do have to use Google translate sometimes to understand Declans accent. 😅 

I think they were insightful comments, Steve might have something to say about that on tonight's pod.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: