Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0243

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

There was plenty to discuss on this post-match edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast. We look at the ongoing issues with the team and discuss what to do with Position 30 in the Wests Tigers roster. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0243/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good pod guys. I wasn't aware of the money on offer for Hastings up at Newcastle - $900k is ridiculous. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Enjoyed the pod as always. Thanks all.

Steve - your point about standards dropping towards the end was a good one, re not seeing improvement and new players performance potentially dropping off over time.

I potentially have an answer for you on that. We lost the Bulldogs two Sundays ago. Sheenius then gave the players two days off (Monday, Tuesday). They had training on Wednesday and then a shorter captains run on Thursday Am before flying to Melb that afternoon. Why did this occur in circumstances where

- we had a 5 day turnaround

- we were playing a new halves combination

With a 5 day turnaround, the players should have trained every day and then been given Saturday and Sunday off post-Melb.

I agree with Declan's point about not signing Bula to the top 30 spot. We can get away with AD at fullback for the next month at least. The 30th spot should go to a new half.

Joel - your point about the attack being too flat was a good one as well. Brooks is the ringleader of this. He's too close to the defensive line in attack and he is also flat footed.

I think Laurie should play 6 on Saturday alongside Wakeham. Any other combination has already tried and failed. I agree with those who suggested Matamua at lock but I would play him off the bench maybe in rotation with Bateman.

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@mickb I assume the decision to give the guys a couple of days off was because of the heat. They looked like they turned up to play against the Storm - just couldn't ice the chances.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Good pod guys. I wasn't aware of the money on offer for Hastings up at Newcastle - $900k is ridiculous. 

ummm he’s performing better than our $1.1m half

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

So is Brandon Wakeham on minimum salary....Sheens 4D chess

Skippa13 and Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

Don't disagree with that at all. Both are seriously overpaid. 

Posted by: @mickb

Joel - your point about the attack being too flat was a good one as well. Brooks is the ringleader of this. He's too close to the defensive line in attack and he is also flat footed.

This has been an issue with literally every set since the season started, and we've seen no adjustments at all. This is on the coaching staff as much as the players involved IMO. They could have had a trainer out at every opportunity screaming about depth in the attack, but we've not seen any changes at all. Thus I assume it's by design. 

If it's not, and the players have been contradicting instructions for four straight weeks, then we've got even bigger problems. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Good pod guys, a lot of interesting points for conversation.

Something I thought of during the discussion about chasing Williams. I have been 100% on board with chasing Moses, as well as staying in the chase and not dropping out of the hunt for him (so as to maximise damage to Parra). I am now second guessing that strategy with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. I ahve no idea of the numbers involved but lets just say we offered Williams $800K. There was a point, probably between November and February, where if we pulled the pin on Moses and chucked another $150-200K at Williams you might get him. NOw the season has started, not only are we almost certainly not going to get him because the season has started for NRL & SL, but we are also likely to not be the only dog in the hunt and with our abysmal start, we probably would need to add $200K to any other clubs offer.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Another good pod guys well done

we could be in for a world of pain against Brisbane, doesnt matter who runs out for us

they will go pretty close to winning the Comp this year, if they had a coach with that roster they would be certainties

Dirty Reds and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: