Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0242

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Eddie, Garry and Steve preview the Storm clash, including a look at the line-up changes for Wests Tigers, and discuss the latest issues, including a few rumours doing the rounds. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0242/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just having a listen to the podcast now and it was mentioned how fast the fans are turning on the team now when they’re struggling etc. I can understand it to some degree, frustration and so on, but I do think it is not the job of the team to make their supporters feel privileged to support them, it’s the job of the supporter to make their team feel privileged to play for them. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Like Garry’s idea of Doueihi learning to play at lock, and tackle, in State Cup. He’s got the body and skill set to be really good in that position. The decision to play him at fullback seems purely based upon what he might bring in attack, passing and breaking tackles and maybe backing up through the middle although that depends upon his stamina as well. Defensively it’s a concern but hoping he proves us wrong of course.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In regards to Wakeham and the Bulldogs opinion of him in his 28 games or so in NRL he had 5 different halves partner in a struggling team. If he’s to have a decent chance at this club he has to be given a run of games to prove he can do a job here. It might work out, might not but we have nothing to lose right now.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Eels completion rates great last night which helped them edge the Panthers. That was obviously a big focus for them and I think when you’ve started poorly you usually find teams win through getting back to high completion rates, good defence and winning a little ugly. Let’s see how we go tonight because one thing is certain we won’t win in a canter.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

Just having a listen to the podcast now and it was mentioned how fast the fans are turning on the team now when they’re struggling etc. I can understand it to some degree, frustration and so on, but I do think it is not the job of the team to make their supporters feel privileged to support them, it’s the job of the supporter to make their team feel privileged to play for them. 

Honestly I think the club are lucky to have such a large fanbase. And I don't think the fans are as angry as the players as they are the inept administration that has poorly managed the club for so long.  Wests Tigers fans graduating high school this year will be barely able to remember the Tigers being a good team - how depressing is that. I follow the Tigers because I always have and always will but it's been a lesson in tolerance and a largely miserable experience.

I'm not going to be pushing my kids into supporting the Tigers.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast I live in dragons territory , and have taken them to multiple games at WIN stadium . 
Only 1 of which the tigers were playing . 
They don’t much like footy , but how much of that is because DADs team absolutely suck . 
The way I view pascoe and our admin is wartime leaders / peacetime leaders . 
We had a period where we needed a bunch of back room improvements to structures , facilities , keeping the club afloat , and these guys like Pascoe were the right people for implementing all these things . 
Now we are moving into wartime strategies and we need guys who know how to make a whole club move in one direction .that direction is winning at all costs . 
We might spend the money , but we don’t have footy hard heads , who know how to make this happen .

Mac_Tiger and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Like Garry’s idea of Doueihi learning to play at lock, and tackle, in State Cup. He’s got the body and skill set to be really good in that position. The decision to play him at fullback seems purely based upon what he might bring in attack, passing and breaking tackles and maybe backing up through the middle although that depends upon his stamina as well. Defensively it’s a concern but hoping he proves us wrong of course.

He’s a bit of an arm grabber and hugger, seems reluctant to jam in tight and use his shoulders.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Honestly I think the club are lucky to have such a large fanbase. And I don't think the fans are as angry as the players as they are the inept administration that has poorly managed the club for so long.  Wests Tigers fans graduating high school this year will be barely able to remember the Tigers being a good team - how depressing is that. I follow the Tigers because I always have and always will but it's been a lesson in tolerance and a largely miserable experience.

I'm not going to be pushing my kids into supporting the Tigers.

Nobody should be pushed into doing anything they don’t want to do. That’s what supporting is, it’s your choice to support or not, simple. If people choose not to support fine, then not a supporter. 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Great pod. @tigersteve won 🏆 

Skippa13 and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

They are privileged to play for us.

They are privileged to still get decent crowds, strong membership numbers and any sort of corporate support. 

The club has been so bad for so long and yet we still turn up week after week, year after year. 

There's not a club in the NRL that's as resilient just in terms of survival - plenty of others would have gone bust with the lack of on-field success that we've had since inception. 

Mike and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

They are privileged to play for us.

They are privileged to still get decent crowds, strong membership numbers and any sort of corporate support. 

The club has been so bad for so long and yet we still turn up week after week, year after year. 

There's not a club in the NRL that's as resilient just in terms of survival - plenty of others would have gone bust with the lack of on-field success that we've had since inception. 

There are supporters in any code, following any team, who seem to believe that if they choose to support a team through membership or just by turning up to watch they are entitled to more than a football game. They aren’t of course because it’s simply a choice they have made. Nobody has forced them to do it, they can choose not to at any time as nobody is forcing them not to, it’s simply the choice a person makes. The professional player only has a responsibility to his employer, like any employee in any organisation. It’s their job to carry out their roles to the best of their ability and be rewarded financially etc. They need not feel privileged to play for supporters if there is a lack of support there as long as they do their job because that’s all that they’re being paid to do. 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@dirty-reds that’s garbage mate . They have a skill and are paid the market rate for that skill . 
They shouldn’t be made to think it’s a privilege, or told it’s a privilege , the culture should determine that . 
On an individual basis you play for yourself anf your family . The number one way for you to feed your family is to win , and you can only win as a team . You can’t pass to yourself ! 
The trick is buying in beyond the fundamental reason. 
I get what your saying , but it’s not 1976 where you jump off the garbage truck , to come in to 20k fans sinking KB and waiting for you to scrotum grab a bloke whilst your mate knocks him out from the side . 
They should be giving 💯, but not because of fantasies like “it’s a privilege” because it really isn’t !

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think its necessary for a number of reasons. Firstly to fix his defence and hopefully improve his passing game, build stamina. Secondly and more importantly IMO it will test his resolve. Is he willing to tough it out and do the hard yards. I think if AD spends much time in reggies he will seek a release personally. I think that a bit like Brooks, AD has had his career ruined by being promoted  too far, too fast, too young. No doubt AD was the big kid who tore up in lower grades and got pushed into firsts at Souffs very young and early.

Recently here somebody commented on him killing it at fullback for Souffs in that preliminary final, so I went back and watched the game. AD was the same footballer. He did some very good things and was incredibly lazy for big chunks of the game. He was pretty much the same as he is for us but in that Souffs team with Reynolds, Walker etc it didnt stand out, he was the junior kid doing his best but he wasnt ready at Souffs and was offered a shortcut to a senior role here at the Tigers way before he was ready and has never developed as a result. I wonder if he had stayed at Souffs whether he would have had a more structured and educated development and become a more complete player. As it is I think he is now the final product and at his age and stage of progression he isnt going to change and I dont think he is going to accept going back to reggies as a learning stage of his development.

Dirty Reds and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

@dirty-reds that’s garbage mate .

You've missed my point - no need to be a dick about it. 

Let's move on. 

ReplyQuote
Share: