Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0240

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition, Eddie and Steve look for reasons to be optimistic and also take a look at some interesting team changes for this weekend's clash with the Bulldogs, including the naming of Bula and Bateman.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0240/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Probably a class centre or fullback short of being a genuine finals hope. Our draw looks tough now too. Even looks like the Storm will have most of their best back for us. Still, only 2 rounds in so never know what could happen.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

This is based on nothing more than a hunch but I would not be at all surprised if, at some point this season, Daine Laurie asks for a release from his contract. I just feel he might be happier elsewhere, less frustrated and enjoy a change. I don’t know where he would go if he did, perhaps bulldogs if they had a spot open, maybe even outside the top 30, no idea really but it wouldn’t shock me. Hope I’m wrong.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

This is based on nothing more than a hunch but I would not be at all surprised if, at some point this season, Daine Laurie asks for a release from his contract. I just feel he might be happier elsewhere, less frustrated and enjoy a change. I don’t know where he would go if he did, perhaps bulldogs if they had a spot open, maybe even outside the top 30, no idea really but it wouldn’t shock me. Hope I’m wrong.

Maybe. Laurie really hasn’t quite been the same since he broke his leg in 2021 against the Warriors.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Steve is being super optimistic thinking we’ll make the 8. I can see his argument but even he pointed out so many holes in this squad. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

With Bateman coming into the side soon and with Kepoa looking promising as well as the likes of Justin Matamua playing well in State Cup it begs the question what does our best 18 look like if all available?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

With Bateman coming into the side soon and with Kepoa looking promising as well as the likes of Justin Matamua playing well in State Cup it begs the question what does our best 18 look like if all available?

Personally I think by year end our top 18 will be something like this.

1. Bula

2. Tupou

3. Naden

4. Kepaoa

5. Staines

6. Doueihi

7. Wakeham

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Joe O

11. Papali'i

12. Bateman

13. Matamua

14. Brooks (to sub Api for 10-15 mins)

15. Stefano

16. Blore

17. Pole

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast doubt we put Brooks as the 14

Think Douhie will end up in centres and wakeham and Brooks will be the halves. 

Think Laurie will be at another club by July 

1. Bula

2. Tupou

3. Naden

4. Doueihi

5. Staines

6. Brooks

7. Wakeham

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Stef

11. Papali'i

12. Kepoa

13. Bateman

14. Twal

15. Joe O

16. Blore

17. Pole

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 storm guys may be underdone we might be a chance against them

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@russtutty63 storm guys may be underdone we might be a chance against them

I’ve booked to go down there. Will head to MCG for first AFL game and experience of the MCG Saturday, Collywobbles v Port Adelaide. Also first time AAMI Park so hoping for a great game and a win of course. The Storm will be a lot better than they were against the Dogs so we’ll have to be very, very good to win I think. 

I agree with Steve when he said there was too much talk around us prior to the start of the comp’. Too much “Is this the Tigers chance to make the 8”. Just put more pressure on the team and probably have a little more motivation to teams like the Knights and Titans who were not talked about much or seen as struggling teams this year. Both of them came to Leichhardt and got the job done, mainly through good goal line defence and scrambling. Shame because I really think we needed a win out of those 2 just for less pressure on us. Now it will build and build if not results come.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 AFL at the G will be good mate

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Personally I think by year end our top 18 will be something like this.

1. Bula

2. Tupou

3. Naden

4. Kepaoa

5. Staines

6. Doueihi

7. Wakeham

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Joe O

11. Papali'i

12. Bateman

13. Matamua

14. Brooks (to sub Api for 10-15 mins)

15. Stefano

16. Blore

17. Pole

Big fan of Matamua, the halves need him as I think he’s the best option at that ball playing lock position. If all goes well for him the next 3 or 4 weeks in State Cup, he continues to improve in that role and defend well he’s got to be considered. He’s not 20 until May so still plenty of improvement in him.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Staines

Tupou

Naden

Talau

Nofoaluma

Doueihi

Brooks

Matamua

Papali’ii

Bateman

Klemmer

Api

Stefano

Bench:

Joffa

Twal

Pole

Kepoa

Blore

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Staines

Tupou

Naden

Talau

Nofoaluma

Doueihi

Brooks

Matamua

Papali’ii

Bateman

Klemmer

Api

Stefano

Bench:

Joffa

Twal

Pole

Kepoa

Blore

you lost me at Nofoaluma Russ

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Bula is miles off a FG standard #1 for me. 

All for giving him a run on a wing in the back end of the season if the situation arises, but let's be realistic. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: