Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0217

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

This time we have a special edition of the Podcast - a reaction pod to the release of "Ask the Boss" with Justin Pascoe and Tim Sheens.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0217/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just started listening and I have to agree with Joel. I think these type of videos sent out by the club would be better if the interview was handled by a media person, or someone more comfortable in that kind of role rather than Justin. Just think it gives it a more professional look. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@russtutty63 I'll offer my services. Lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry Why not?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Interesting the question of culture. That’s pretty complex it seems especially looking from outside the club. But in terms of the football department there was one little remark Sheensy made in the interview which I liked and that was where he spoke of discipline, just making sure players keep their working environment tidy. I think that’s a simple way of ensuring pride in what they do and how they do it. A small thing but I’ve no doubt Sheensy would ensure discipline in how they go about doing things in other ways as well. With the right leadership group it’s a good start to becoming a better team.

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Culture dictates the Standards that are accepted in an Team, Company or Family.

Take a look at the Tom Brady Doco "Man in the Middle". The standards that they drove in terms of training hard and expecting each other to do their absolute best and more.

Our tigers standards are the polar opposite, We sign players and when they get here they just turn up to the game and collect their Pay. That's just the tigers....

It Drives me Crazy

I believe that players like Hastings, Adam D, Joffa, Twal (Hopefully Api and Papi) are the revolution in culture and attitude that we need after 15 odd years of failure.

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Ps Enjoyed that pod. Thx guys

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @spartan117

Culture dictates the Standards that are accepted in an Team, Company or Family.

Take a look at the Tom Brady Doco "Man in the Middle". The standards that they drove in terms of training hard and expecting each other to do their absolute best and more.

Our tigers standards are the polar opposite, We sign players and when they get here they just turn up to the game and collect their Pay. That's just the tigers....

It Drives me Crazy

I believe that players like Hastings, Adam D, Joffa, Twal (Hopefully Api and Papi) are the revolution in culture and attitude that we need after 15 odd years of failure.

Agreed mate

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

I hope that little mention of tidiness/pride runs throughout the club. Too often the reception out of the demountables looked like a storage room 

Mike and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tigersteve That’s interesting, I guess it’s that kind of attitude amongst some people “Well, it’s only temporary & will be gone once we move so don’t have to worry too much about appearances.” I would think moving into the new, permanent set-up that the Sheens attitude is more prevalent.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: