Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0169

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Plenty to discuss on this edition of the podcast, including the Manly game, the loss of Luke Garner, and the Leichhardt Oval upgrade. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0169/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think the point that Gary made about our hookers and mainly Simpkin, to get more consistent with performances. Tbh I don’t see a lot of difference between Liddle and Simpkin. But it’s Jakes turn now to lock in the 9 position. If neither do, this is where I see Brooks standing up. Then AD could slot back into 6.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @loganr21

I think the point that Gary made about our hookers and mainly Simpkin, to get more consistent with performances. Tbh I don’t see a lot of difference between Liddle and Simpkin. But it’s Jakes turn now to lock in the 9 position. If neither do, this is where I see Brooks standing up. Then AD could slot back into 6.

Brooks to 13 would be the go. He can play link… 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mike

He’d handled the defensive workload. Brooks at 13 is actually not a bad idea.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

Just don’t tell @Garry

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Just don’t tell @Garry

He would handle the defense but would not be able to achieve the hitup metres needed from a 13, so it is a big no from me lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Just don’t tell @Garry

He would handle the defense but would not be able to achieve the hitup metres needed from a 13, so it is a big no from me lol

But then again we have Hastings who makes 150+m a game from halfback, most of those hard runs in traffic coming from our own half.

I think between AD, Hastings and Brooks they can cover 7, 6 & 13 in some type of combination 

One option is Brooks defends at 13 but play 6

While AD defends at 6 but plays 13

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @frullens

Just don’t tell @Garry

But then again we have Hastings who makes 150+m a game from halfback, most of those hard runs in traffic coming from our own half.

I think between AD, Hastings and Brooks they can cover 7, 6 & 13 in some type of combination 

One option is Brooks defends at 13 but play 6

While AD defends at 6 but plays 13

Mate, Sheens will give you a job soon. Hastings would be a 13 at a lot of teams, but we need him at halfback.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Mate, Sheens will give you a job soon. Hastings would be a 13 at a lot of teams, but we need him at halfback.

Yes I've been channeling my inner sheens 

but to be fair

I think if we are going to jump up to be a really competitive team, we need to play a bit differently to everyone else and try some new things 

If we could utilise sheens lateral thinking and combine madges resilience and determination - what a combo!

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Yes I've been channeling my inner sheens 

but to be fair

I think if we are going to jump up to be a really competitive team, we need to play a bit differently to everyone else and try some new things 

If we could utilise sheens lateral thinking and combine madges resilience and determination - what a combo!

If you defend a half at 13, they are going to be targeted. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Just don’t tell @Garry

Needless to say I disagree with that assessment. He’ll be able to make plenty of metres in attack, similar to what he does now. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just throwing another 2 cents in… Hastings could easily play 9 I reckon. He’s definitely has the guile and the tackling prowess. But it’s pointless moving your gun 7 to make way for another player. However 3 doesn’t fit into 2. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Just don’t tell @Garry

Needless to say I disagree with that assessment. He’ll be able to make plenty of metres in attack, similar to what he does now. 

Not through the middle as a forward.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Been out of circulation for a bit but just listened to the interview with Stefano.So heartening to hear this young player talking with confidence and clarity,and a genuine desire to bring success to our club.Well done Gary,a great raft of interesting questions which really brings to light his character and personality.That can only fill us with optimism for the future.

Further to that,thanks for clearing up once and for all the pronunciation of Utoikamanu,from the horse’s mouth lol!We’ll see how many commentators and callers can get it right.

I really believe our forwards can cut through the middle of this mob this afternoon even without Luciano and would also love to see Starford sniffing up the inside a la Billy Slater,as you guys mentioned.

Go you Tigaaaaahs in the face of adversity and injury!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Been out of circulation for a bit but just listened to the interview with Stefano.So heartening to hear this young player talking with confidence and clarity,and a genuine desire to bring success to our club.Well done Gary,a great raft of interesting questions which really brings to light his character and personality.That can only fill us with optimism for the future.

Further to that,thanks for clearing up once and for all the pronunciation of Utoikamanu,from the horse’s mouth lol!We’ll see how many commentators and callers can get it right.

I really believe our forwards can cut through the middle of this mob this afternoon even without Luciano and would also love to see Starford sniffing up the inside a la Billy Slater,as you guys mentioned.

Go you Tigaaaaahs in the face of adversity and injury!

Thanks for the feedback mate, I really think Stefano is a player we can start to build this club around.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: