Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0158

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Eddie and Steve in the hot seats for this edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0158/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Thanks Steve and Eddie! Enjoyed the pod.

Just in Steve's conversation on the confused position on Madge- unless we are in the inner sanctum it is really hard to know what's actually happening.

But, as Steve said, if I think about the people I think we should build the club around - Sheens, Farah, AD, Hastings- they are all big and vocal madge fans. That has to say something....

Also, along the same thought, I've been watching the player interviews and really have noticed how focussed and clam the players are thus year - even after losing 4 in a row.

They are saying things like we all have a job and we know what our job is. We are not focussed on mistakes just focussed on improving and doing our role. We know what went wrong and how to fix it. Our focus this we is on last plays. We trust the coaching staff and if we keep at it things will turn. Etc

Whereas other years it felt like each player was just making stuff up as they went and they'd all contradict each other. This year they all seems very focussed and clearly know what their role is.

I've just noticed it seems very different from other years and is something that gives me confidence that we can continue to show up and slowly build into something 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

There is no confusion around Madge, he’s here and staying. The confusion is with the people that think otherwise. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @frullens

Thanks Steve and Eddie! Enjoyed the pod.

Just in Steve's conversation on the confused position on Madge- unless we are in the inner sanctum it is really hard to know what's actually happening.

But, as Steve said, if I think about the people I think we should build the club around - Sheens, Farah, AD, Hastings- they are all big and vocal madge fans. That has to say something....

Also, along the same thought, I've been watching the player interviews and really have noticed how focussed and clam the players are thus year - even after losing 4 in a row.

They are saying things like we all have a job and we know what our job is. We are not focussed on mistakes just focussed on improving and doing our role. We know what went wrong and how to fix it. Our focus this we is on last plays. We trust the coaching staff and if we keep at it things will turn. Etc

Whereas other years it felt like each player was just making stuff up as they went and they'd all contradict each other. This year they all seems very focussed and clearly know what their role is.

I've just noticed it seems very different from other years and is something that gives me confidence that we can continue to show up and slowly build into something 

Thanks Frullens.

I noticed the same thing re player interviews. Have they been told what to say or are they truly buying in? The effort in games would suggest the latter I reckon

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @mike

There is no confusion around Madge, he’s here and staying. The confusion is with the people that think otherwise. 

I get that Mike but doesn’t the lack of attacking and defending structures make you question  the coaching or do you put that all in the players?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Enjoyed Podcast 158 very much.Nice dynamic between Eddie and Steve.No razor blades last night after the dust has settled on the Gold Coast disaster.High emotions last week post game and understandable.

Interesting what you were discussing about the ability to attract players to the club and our failure to get that prized signature.I really believe that a lot of this has been due to the actual physical surrounds of where we have been at with Concord.Giving potential players a tour of training facilities through a bunch of portables and temporary fencing doesn’t offer a favourable perception.It just feels like a tin pot set up.

I believe when the COE is up and running and a potential player comes for discussions with a Sheens,Benji,Robbie etc..amongst a little luxury,solidity and state of the art equipment,your chances of selling the dream are greatly enhanced.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Enjoyed Podcast 158 very much.Nice dynamic between Eddie and Steve.No razor blades last night after the dust has settled on the Gold Coast disaster.High emotions last week post game and understandable.

Interesting what you were discussing about the ability to attract players to the club and our failure to get that prized signature.I really believe that a lot of this has been due to the actual physical surrounds of where we have been at with Concord.Giving potential players a tour of training facilities through a bunch of portables and temporary fencing doesn’t offer a favourable perception.It just feels like a tin pot set up.

I believe when the COE is up and running and a potential player comes for discussions with a Sheens,Benji,Robbie etc..amongst a little luxury,solidity and state of the art equipment,your chances of selling the dream are greatly enhanced.

Yeah PI agree that was an excellent pod last night and it is always refreshing to hear Steve's views.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigersteve

I get that Mike but doesn’t the lack of attacking and defending structures make you question  the coaching or do you put that all in the players?

There is now a clear defending structure - looking forward to see how it goes the next 2 weeks.

Attacking, I place that more on the players we have out. I'll judge it once Hastings has been playing for 4 weeks.

Top 8 2023

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Neither you nor I know how they are being coached, we are not there. All we see is the end results. We have a premiership winning coach developed in the Storm system. I trust the coach more than I do the players. 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Neither you nor I know how they are being coached, we are not there. All we see is the end results. We have a premiership winning coach developed in the Storm system. I trust the coach more than I do the players. 

And right now the end result is not looking to good in fact they haven’t looked to good for 3and a bit seasons.

But that end result has nothing to do with the coach 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

How long should we keep giving him the benefit of doubt because of that premiership? He wouldn't be the 1st coach the game left behind. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Thanks boys great pod last night with Steve and Eddie...along with Mikes comments im not sure Madge is the right person anymore...sure the players are trying but this is Madges team now and lets be honest it aint a good roster and this is soley on him now.. He has had problems getting established players here over the years and yes im aware we have two good first graders coming here next year.. i think Eddies comments on a previous pod that i would not mind seeing a Sharks type takeover if Madge gets the ass like what happened at the Sharks with Fitzgibbon.  The question is there a coach out there that fits our mold..if there was maybe Madge would be on very thin ice, however there does not seem to be a logical replacement at this stage.  I personally would love to see Kristian Wolfe get a gig with us, he is young, has a great track record i believe players would sign if he got the gig.. He did wonders with Tonga and the Super League, give the young assistant coach the reigns for the rest of the year if results dont change soon and give Wolfe time to get the roster he thinks would work for us.  Sheens would have had a good look at him at his time in the UK..Once again boys thanks to you all for the great pods twice a week, love listening to them and look forward to the next one early in the week.  Go the Tigers!!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

@davey-farrell thanks mate and great post!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @davey-farrell

Thanks boys great pod last night with Steve and Eddie...along with Mikes comments im not sure Madge is the right person anymore...sure the players are trying but this is Madges team now and lets be honest it aint a good roster and this is soley on him now.. He has had problems getting established players here over the years and yes im aware we have two good first graders coming here next year.. i think Eddies comments on a previous pod that i would not mind seeing a Sharks type takeover if Madge gets the ass like what happened at the Sharks with Fitzgibbon.  The question is there a coach out there that fits our mold..if there was maybe Madge would be on very thin ice, however there does not seem to be a logical replacement at this stage.  I personally would love to see Kristian Wolfe get a gig with us, he is young, has a great track record i believe players would sign if he got the gig.. He did wonders with Tonga and the Super League, give the young assistant coach the reigns for the rest of the year if results dont change soon and give Wolfe time to get the roster he thinks would work for us.  Sheens would have had a good look at him at his time in the UK..Once again boys thanks to you all for the great pods twice a week, love listening to them and look forward to the next one early in the week.  Go the Tigers!!!

Thank you, very good points 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @yanni

And right now the end result is not looking to good in fact they haven’t looked to good for 3and a bit seasons.

But that end result has nothing to do with the coach 

They haven’t looked good for 10 seasons… it’s not the coach. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: