Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0149

(@admin)
Wests Tigers Supporter Admin
Topic starter  

It's a big mid-week edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast with a preview of the Knights match, the latest injury and signing news and the quiz is all about Tigers v Knights.

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0149/

Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Eddie.. you cant ask a question then give em the answers..lol

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thanks Boys,another stimulating and thought provoking WTPodcast.

The subject of bench rotation is a real conundrum and really interesting the direction Garry takes having to play 3 locks to arrive at the right balance.Once you sit down to do it yourself you realise not so easy.I have to agree not having an eighty minute hooker puts so much pressure on,and the reduced interchange makes the equation all the more difficult.An injury at any moment and you throw the script away.

I was critical of Madge and believe he left fatigued players floundering against the Storm,but having said that it’s a tough one to perfect given our team’s personnel at the minute.I’m also a big advocate for Luciano and Kelma being there to finish the game as unfatigued as possible,if that’s not a contradiction.

MickeyB, Frullens and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

The subject of bench rotation is a real conundrum and really interesting the direction Garry takes having to play 3 locks to arrive at the right balance.Once you sit down to do it yourself you realise not so easy.I have to agree not having an eighty minute hooker puts so much pressure on,and the reduced interchange makes the equation all the more difficult.An injury at any moment and you throw the script away.

I was critical of Madge and believe he left fatigued players floundering against the Storm,but having said that it’s a tough one to perfect given our team’s personnel at the minute.I’m also a big advocate for Luciano and Kelma being there to finish the game as unfatigued as possible,if that’s not a contradiction.

Good post mate, I'm not a fan of playing Twal at lock and could avoid it but really want Simpkin to get a break. Ideally I'd get Simpkin back on depending on what happens in the game.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Another great pod guys

I know we beat knights twice last year - but the year beforein 2020 knights put 40 on us in both games. Ponga run rings around us.

Bench rotation is really hard science when you look into it. Great job @Garry for having a crack and taking the time to think it through

I think it's important to have fresh forwards in the middle period and the last 30 as well.

How many games have we conceded a try on half time because of tired players

Top 8 2023

Tiger Symmetry and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Good post mate, I'm not a fan of playing Twal at lock and could avoid it but really want Simpkin to get a break. Ideally I'd get Simpkin back on depending on what happens in the game.

Yes I prefer Twally in prop rotation but sometimes you have to rob Peter to pay Paul.Oh for Api this year,but Jacob Liddell will be back in a couple of weeks and the rotation will be simplified and hopefully he offers a little more spark from the ruck.Only goes to show how vitally important is your no.9.Having said all that Jake Simpkin deserves a rap for his endurance against Storm.Another learning curve for him,hopefully to our future benefit.

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

hi boys, another great podcast, regarding Wests tigers radio on Sunday night, i reckon it would be great idea around 730 pm.  Also i was thinking if its live, how about us listeners send  you questions regarding the podcast and the after game thoughts on the Forum and you can receive questions live and discuss amongst you boys.  Just a thought but i think sunday night live radio show would be awesome

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

hi boys, another great podcast, regarding Wests tigers radio on Sunday night, i reckon it would be great idea around 730 pm.  Also i was thinking if its live, how about us listeners send  you questions regarding the podcast and the after game thoughts on the Forum and you can receive questions live and discuss amongst you boys.  Just a thought but i think sunday night live radio show would be awesome

I really like the idea of a live thread on here while the pod is on with people commenting and asking questions.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Last week was pathetic management of the interchange. They have had all summer to plan rotations. Sure there is the need to cater for injuries during a game but we didnt have any last week! To have only used 2 subs by half time seems unusual to me.

This is last weeks rotations FWIW

• On Tyrone Peachey
  • Off Stefano Utoikamanu
  • On Zane Musgrove
  • Off Alex Twal
  • On Stefano Utoikamanu
  • Off Joe Ofahengaue
  • On Alex Seyfarth
  • Off Zane Musgrove
  • On Alex Twal
  • Off Jake Simpkin
  • On Luke Garner
  • Off Kelma Tuilagi
  • On Joe Ofahengaue
  • Off Stefano Utoikamanu

My thinking is that you would consistently aim for 6 regular subs each match and keep 2 up your sleeve for injuries. You would communicate this 'general plan' the players at the start of the year.

The bench EVERY WEEK consists of

14. Bench hooker/half

15. Bench edge backrower / centre

16. Bench Prop

17. Bench Prop

THESE ARE MY 3 FIRST HALF CHANGES EVERY WEEK

Bench Prop ON <> Starting Prop OFF (20-25 min)

Bench Prop ON <> Starting Prop OFF (25-30 min)

Back Row bench player no 15 ON  <> back row no 11 OFF (30-35min)

THESE ARE MY 3 SECOND HALF CHANGES EVERY WEEK

Starting Prop ON <> Bench Prop OFF (55-60 min)

Starting Prop ON <> Bench Prop OFF (60-65 min)

back row no 11 <> Back Row No 12 off (65-70min)

THEN YOU HAVE FLEXIBILITY WITH THESE TWO SUBS

Potentially replace your hooker with a 14. bench hooker at the 60 min mark (if there is an injury leave him out there to play 80)

The remaining swap might take after 75 mins every week and would see the Starting Edge player (No 12) swap with either No 15 or No 13 (starting lock)

I don't think its all that hard to manage it, particularly in a rd 1 game where there was no injuries!

This post was modified 2 years ago by MickeyB

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mickb

Last week was pathetic management of the interchange. They have had all summer to plan rotations. Sure there is the need to cater for injuries during a game but we didnt have any last week! To have only used 2 subs by half time seems unusual to me.

This is last weeks rotations FWIW

• On Tyrone Peachey
  • Off Stefano Utoikamanu
  • On Zane Musgrove
  • Off Alex Twal
  • On Stefano Utoikamanu
  • Off Joe Ofahengaue
  • On Alex Seyfarth
  • Off Zane Musgrove
  • On Alex Twal
  • Off Jake Simpkin
  • On Luke Garner
  • Off Kelma Tuilagi
  • On Joe Ofahengaue
  • Off Stefano Utoikamanu

My thinking is that you would consistently aim for 6 regular subs each match and keep 2 up your sleeve for injuries. You would communicate this 'general plan' the players at the start of the year.

The bench EVERY WEEK consists of

14. Bench hooker/half

15. Bench edge backrower / centre

16. Bench Prop

17. Bench Prop

THESE ARE MY 3 FIRST HALF CHANGES EVERY WEEK

Bench Prop ON <> Starting Prop OFF (20-25 min)

Bench Prop ON <> Starting Prop OFF (25-30 min)

Back Row bench player no 15 ON  <> back row no 11 OFF (30-35min)

THESE ARE MY 3 SECOND HALF CHANGES EVERY WEEK

Starting Prop ON <> Bench Prop OFF (55-60 min)

Starting Prop ON <> Bench Prop OFF (60-65 min)

back row no 11 <> Back Row No 12 off (65-70min)

THEN YOU HAVE FLEXIBILITY WITH THESE TWO SUBS

Potentially replace your hooker with a 14. bench hooker at the 60 min mark (if there is an injury leave him out there to play 80)

The remaining swap might take after 75 mins every week and would see the Starting Edge player (No 12) swap with either No 15 or No 13 (starting lock)

I don't think its all that hard to manage it, particularly in a rd 1 game where there was no injuries!

Pretty much what I was trying to replicate with the side we picked this week.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Easy to criticise, much harder to come up with a good rotation with the current squad as well as the current injuries. Nothing suggested so far is ideal and is just some of many possibilities. 

ReplyQuote
Share: