Wests Tigers 2027 S...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers 2027 Season Discussion

Joel Helmes
(@joel)
Wests Tigers Top 30 Admin
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 6811
Topic starter  

I thought now was a good time to start this.

What we know:

Doueihi shoulder reconstruction - expected to miss all of preseason.

Brailey signed

Averillo signed 


Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers since 2018!


   
Quote
Joel Helmes
(@joel)
Wests Tigers Top 30 Admin
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 6811
Topic starter  

So, in terms of potential line-up/squad for next year I’d say this is where we’re at:

1. Bula

2. Makasini

3. May

4. Averillo (tbc)

5. Turuva

6. Luai

7. Doueihi

8. May

9. Koroisau

10. Pole

11. Fainu

12. KPP

13. Twal

14. Madden

15. Latu

16. Andrews

17. Roberts

18. Heywood

19. Sione

20. Tavana

21. Herbert

22. Attard

23.

24.

25. 

26. 

27.

28.

29.

30.

 

Then question marks over:

Seyfarth

Skelton

Starford

Hunt

Bunty

Sukkar

Hope

Mason

 

Departures:

Luke L

Kit L

Geyer


Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers since 2018!


   
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 2865
 

I would keep Seyfarth, Skelton, Royce for sure. Our problem is not our starting 17 but our depth. You won’t be picking up better depth players 



   
TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
Joel Helmes
(@joel)
Wests Tigers Top 30 Admin
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 6811
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
↑

I would keep Seyfarth, Skelton, Royce for sure. Our problem is not our starting 17 but our depth. You won’t be picking up better depth players 

Hunt looks like he’s off the bus and I doubt Skelton is here in 2027.

 


Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers since 2018!


   
MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Teddy_S
(@teddy_s)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 765
 

Posted by: @joel
↑

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
↑

I would keep Seyfarth, Skelton, Royce for sure. Our problem is not our starting 17 but our depth. You won’t be picking up better depth players 

Hunt looks like he’s off the bus and I doubt Skelton is here in 2027.

 


And that just leaves the baby giraffe?

I’ve been a fan but he should be cup captain and nothing more. 

 



   
Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 722
 

Posted by: @joel
↑

So, in terms of potential line-up/squad for next year I’d say this is where we’re at:

1. Bula

2. Makasini

3. May

4. Averillo (tbc)

5. Turuva

6. Luai

7. Doueihi

8. May

9. Koroisau

10. Pole

11. Fainu

12. KPP

13. Twal

14. Madden

15. Latu

16. Andrews

17. Roberts

18. Heywood

19. Sione

20. Tavana

21. Herbert

22. Attard

23.

24.

25. 

26. 

27.

28.

29.

30.

 

Then question marks over:

Seyfarth

Skelton

Starford

Hunt

Bunty

Sukkar

Hope

Mason

 

Departures:

Luke L

Kit L

Geyer

 

Skelton has the odd error in him but he is very powerful with the ball in hand. For all others listed under your Question Mark group, I could make a case for him to stay and maybe also Sukkar who has been developing.

I'd be happy enough to see the others listed move on.

 



   
Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 762
 

Posted by: @teddy_s
↑

Posted by: @joel
↑

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
↑

I would keep Seyfarth, Skelton, Royce for sure. Our problem is not our starting 17 but our depth. You won’t be picking up better depth players 

Hunt looks like he’s off the bus and I doubt Skelton is here in 2027.

 

-- attachment is not available --

And that just leaves the baby giraffe?

I’ve been a fan but he should be cup captain and nothing more. 

 

And that pic right there is my issue with Seyfarth. He is very uncoordinated! Which gets worse as he tires. Might be good for a decent tackle or run when absolutely fresh but otherwise he is a plodder that's a pace off the speed of the game - which just adds to lack of coordination as he arrives lates (as in the pic shown) once again off balance.

Rarely sets himself for impact on either side of the ball which often leads to a loss of momentum or being dominated in the ruck, or both. I'm tired of reading how hard he trains etc etc.

Needs several games in cup playing in the middle before I'd consider him for NRL again, and I'd have to be desperate.

 



   
ReplyQuote
(@mr-anonymous-26)
Wests Tigers Supporter
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 69
 

With talk about Blore maybe coming back to play left edge and Samuela moving to the front row. ( WT faithful have heard this this is where Sam wants to play).

 I would be looking at

props 
Tom Ale

Ata Mariota 

Vena Patuki- Case

utility

Freddy Lussick ( hooker/ lock)

Kyle McCarthy ( wing/ centre)



   
ReplyQuote
Joel Helmes
(@joel)
Wests Tigers Top 30 Admin
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 6811
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mr-anonymous-26
↑

With talk about Blore maybe coming back to play left edge and Samuela moving to the front row. ( WT faithful have heard this this is where Sam wants to play).

 I would be looking at

props 
Tom Ale

Ata Mariota 

Vena Patuki- Case

utility

Freddy Lussick ( hooker/ lock)

Kyle McCarthy ( wing/ centre)

Surely Blore with his injury history would be more a middle candidate than Samuela?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there, but not yet imo.

 


Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers since 2018!


   
ReplyQuote
(@mr-anonymous-26)
Wests Tigers Supporter
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 69
 

Posted by: @joel
↑

Posted by: @mr-anonymous-26
↑

With talk about Blore maybe coming back to play left edge and Samuela moving to the front row. ( WT faithful have heard this this is where Sam wants to play).

 I would be looking at

props 
Tom Ale

Ata Mariota 

Vena Patuki- Case

utility

Freddy Lussick ( hooker/ lock)

Kyle McCarthy ( wing/ centre)

Surely Blore with his injury history would be more a middle candidate than Samuela?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there, but not yet imo.

 

 

Yeah I wouldn’t move him either given his skillset including aerial ability too, maybe when he’s about 28/29 years old. Keep Blore at prop/ lock. That’s if he comes back 

 



   
MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 722
 

I don't like to look to next year because I think that there is still hope for us to at least play finals in 2026. The run home is relatively easy.

That said if we don't make it there are two key reasons for it in my view

Legacy Contracts from the Pascoe era

- Luke L, Kit L, Will Craig & then to a lesser extent Bateman and Jack Bird (who are likely still on our books)

Conflict of Interest Contracts

- Hope & Murray 

These guys were part of the Enrichd Group and they were being managed by Shane Richardson's son Brent as a result. The Enrichd Group went into administration earlier this year. Shane Richo clearly signed those players to help his son's business. Unfortunately these guys have shown themselves to be far short of the required standard.

With these 7 contracts wiped from our cap next year we will likely have more depth. On the positive side, at least most of our top liners are going to be here for the next few years. 



   
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 2865
 

Morris out as defensive coach



   
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 1520
 

What about KPP to lock can tackle /can ball play has pace / big body is he the Isaah Yeo in waiting as I have previously posted maybe most of the pieces are already at the club ..just need someone to figure it out and put the plan together .



   
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 1520
 

There are so many issues moving into the ‘27 season ..1st priority is assistant coaches they are the major key .strength and conditioning , depth has been exposed . AD has to be moved on he is next years spanner  in the works I can not understand how he has not been exposed for the leaking after his dummy spit  I would suspect there is no trust there anymore . The conversation around Bula at fullback is another. 


This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

   
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 2865
 

The problem with douhie is that he is first grade standard and has some good attributes like a long kicking games, goalkicking is pretty good, running game is dangerous. He also some pretty bad attributes like being a bit of a ball hog, being a bit of a sook at times, being questionable in defense at times - all of these are mostly attitude things and things he has had his whole career (my personal gripe is when he’s tackled he always gets to his feet slowly). I don’t think those things change, I think that’s ingrained in his personality. Ultimately you can’t build your team around him. He has to be replaced 



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: