Stefano Utoikamanu ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Stefano Utoikamanu in 2023

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Great to see big Stefano back in action. Sheens has mentioned Talau and Blore as being like new signings, but Stefano in 2022 was barely at his best due to a couple of niggling injuries.

If he can stay fit this year he could make a significant impact along with the new guys.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mac_Tiger reacted
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I understand he's been named as captain for this weeks trial

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I really hope he stays fit this year. Was building really well in 2021. Looked like the forward you build a pack around. Injuries and the circus at the club hurt him in 2022 but the club obviously view him very highly by making him captain for the trial. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Yeah he was one of our better players the other night …. But he’s definitely not captain material in my eyes. Probably a starter but not 💯 on that either. Just stay injury free though Stef 🙏 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Yeah he was one of our better players the other night …. But he’s definitely not captain material in my eyes. Probably a starter but not 💯 on that either. Just stay injury free though Stef 🙏 

What do you want to see him improve on this year?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy

Well the obvious is to stay fit, however I’d like him to get more aggressive and to want the ball more. He is quality no doubt about it. But try and lead by example. I’d probably start him from the bench to start the year and have Klemmer and Offa to start. 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

Well the obvious is to stay fit, however I’d like him to get more aggressive and to want the ball more. He is quality no doubt about it. But try and lead by example. I’d probably start him from the bench to start the year and have Klemmer and Offa to start. 

Big thing to remember with Stef is that he is only 22, I think he is going to develop those traits and see him building into one of the premier props in the game. My prediction is he plays Origin this year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@garry Would love to see that prediction eventuate.If we cast our minds back to his stint in Origin camp and the quantum leaps he made immediately thereafter.Unfortunately he’s been peppered with injury but we know what he’s capable of.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@garry Would love to see that prediction eventuate.If we cast our minds back to his stint in Origin camp and the quantum leaps he made immediately thereafter.Unfortunately he’s been peppered with injury but we know what he’s capable of.

Listen to how Alexander was speaking about him on Thursday, he is already well on their radar.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Definitely origin quality, I think more likely to be next year though.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: