Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Stats 2023 v 2022

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Topic starter  

Was avoiding work so went and checked team stats for us this year v last year. There is no stat that we are significantly worse than last year, most we are better than last year but not many by a massive difference....except one. The one stat that was massively increased and we are leading the NRL, is in Decoy Runs which surprises me to be honest because I havent really noticed it this year, noticed it more last year. It has been one of my pet hates this year in the red zone that I havent noticed a lot of shape or options.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2023&stat=1000002

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Was avoiding work so went and checked team stats for us this year v last year. There is no stat that we are significantly worse than last year, most we are better than last year but not many by a massive difference....except one. The one stat that was massively increased and we are leading the NRL, is in Decoy Runs which surprises me to be honest because I havent really noticed it this year, noticed it more last year. It has been one of my pet hates this year in the red zone that I havent noticed a lot of shape or options.

I actually consider our team to be one of the best we've had in years. Possibly the best pack we've ever had. Just missing a couple of good players in key positions.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tiger5150

I actually consider our team to be one of the best we've had in years. Possibly the best pack we've ever had. Just missing a couple of good players in key positions.

Agree. Across the park other than 6 & 7, best since 2011 and I actually think superior to 2011.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 Yeah I think our forward pack now is the strongest it's ever been. It's awesome.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

The forward pack is good, perhaps add a big fella. And maybe a ball playing lock. The spine still needs an upgrade. Hooker good, Fullback good. Wingers are good. Centers are pretty good. 6 & 7 is where we are most deficient. 

Avo and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: