Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Klemmer is showing zero leadership. He will take a few hit ups but I can’t remember he took a strong carry the change the momentum of the game. Pole and Stef take the hit ups after points. Charlie stains shows greater sting 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Klemmer is showing zero leadership. He will take a few hit ups but I can’t remember he took a strong carry the change the momentum of the game. Pole and Stef take the hit ups after points. Charlie stains shows greater sting 

I thought Klemmer was good last year but this year he's been terrible, and getting worse every week. We really need to look to offload him even if it means paying a chunk of his salary. Sione Fainu and Pole need to be retained.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Last year he really did his job but we weren’t able to use the field position he gave us. It looks like he has given up, not sure if that’s because he is sick of losing, has been told he is being shopped or is just physically incapable but he is a bench prop at best. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Last year he really did his job but we weren’t able to use the field position he gave us. It looks like he has given up, not sure if that’s because he is sick of losing, has been told he is being shopped or is just physically incapable but he is a bench prop at best. 

He's definitely no longer physically capable. On Bateman, i've defended him for ages but I think he's ready for the shredder too.

Also very worried about Twal's contract. We've got him for 3 more years. Has broken 100m 4 times all season. Moving on Klemmer, Bateman and Twal would be great for the club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @tiger5150

Recruiting on character is something we really need to think hard about this off season. Before the Dogs the example of Cronulla and also the dolphins are great examples. We need to flood first grade with these types to shift the culture 

TBF IMO Api, Klem, Bateman, Papalii, Sezer, are all examples of good culture I would want to import into the club. IMO their culture isnt the problem ,their on field output is the problem (Api the exception).

Personally I disagree, although some of that is attributed to hindsight to be fair. However Bateman and Klemmer in particular are destroying any sort of tough and disciplined culture we would like to build. They are at the bottom of the list of players I would bring in for culture. The example they are setting every week is as negative as you can get.

That's hindsight though, at the time we signed them I think we all hoped they would bring that leadership. Sadly, they both lack the character to do what they are paid to do. Bateman tries hard but his constant brain explosions every single game demoralises the team, and Klemmer plays so physoft the young forwards must look at him with disdain.

Replace these 2 with less talented but wholehearted players, ones that you know will put in every week 100% and be disciplined and we improve significantly.

sione and porter prove your point, we looked much better with them both in the team. Defence stat's make klemmer and Bateman look good, however they are not dominating tackles and if you don't have a go at tackling someone it's not captured as a missed tackle. Api has a relatively high number of missed tackles yet in a way its on purpose, he often slows the player down or trips them by throwing his whole body at them, and they subsequently get tackled by a team mate.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

He's definitely no longer physically capable. On Bateman, i've defended him for ages but I think he's ready for the shredder too.

Also very worried about Twal's contract. We've got him for 3 more years. Has broken 100m 4 times all season. Moving on Klemmer, Bateman and Twal would be great for the club.

Thats a fair wack of coin there … who do we replace them with? And if we do replace them, get ready for same storyline to continue 16-20 months later. It’s a never ending story or Groundhog Day term of events. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The issue with these guys (Klemmer, Bateman, Twal etc) is that they are playing to a standard that is probably half of their current contract. We will have to pay a large portion of their contract for them to leave. Then we have to find a replacement with the remainder. So is it better the devil you know when you take into consideration the lack of players on the market? 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @canberratiger

The issue with these guys (Klemmer, Bateman, Twal etc) is that they are playing to a standard that is probably half of their current contract. We will have to pay a large portion of their contract for them to leave. Then we have to find a replacement with the remainder. So is it better the devil you know when you take into consideration the lack of players on the market? 

I think in this case the devil we know is pretty terrible. Sione Fainu offers more than Klemmer and Twal, and honestly even Porter offers more than Bateman. Sione is unsigned for next year and Porter is train and trial. If those unheralded guys are outperforming two of our highest paid players and a guy we just gave a 4 year deal to, it's a huge problem. If we have to pay half of their salaries to just get them out, it's worth it.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Weidler posted that Stef has met with Melbourne and will be making a decision by Wednesday this week. Fingers crossed he goes.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast Yeh, and if he goes to Melbourne he will go as a more highly rated player than Shawn Blore, and look what the Storm system has done for him. I suppose it comes down to where Stefano and manger feel he can reach his potential. If that's their top priority then WT are no chance of keeping him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

stef apparently met with storm over the weekend, decision seems to be Wednesday according to Weidler... 

he is goooone 

I am not too disappointed for the price

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

would it be worth going after Clint gutherson from Parramatta to play centre ? contracted to end of 2025 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

would it be worth going after Clint gutherson from Parramatta to play centre ? contracted to end of 2025 

this isn’t that crazy. His knee is stuffed I guess but we have a position free. I don’t hate it.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@avocadoontoast Yeh, and if he goes to Melbourne he will go as a more highly rated player than Shawn Blore, and look what the Storm system has done for him. I suppose it comes down to where Stefano and manger feel he can reach his potential. If that's their top priority then WT are no chance of keeping him.

He might become a champion there, but currently he's worth nowhere near $800k imo, and if we're stuck with Klemmer on $800k I don't think we can have $1.6m tied up on two underperforming forwards. I don't think he's worth the risk, for us anyway.

I also don't think Marshall is the coach that's going to be able to get him to the next level.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Latu is 182cm or just under 6 foot. Is there a reason why he couldn’t make it as a 13?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 997 / 1046
Share: