Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

Ravalawa on the outer at the Dragons and is free to leave.

I say yes.

I'd be saying a long hard NO sorry Joel 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

I say yes.

Why?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

We have Taruva, Lualili, stains as genuine wingers. I’m not sure we need another. He is a hard runner but suspect under the high ball. I’d rather go for a centre if we are spending money on outside backs

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

I say yes.

Why?

He's been in and out of a dragons outfit the last 2 years. Best years are behind him I believe. Good player on his day but a big gamble to take on. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I say yes.

Why?

He's been in and out of a dragons outfit the last 2 years. Best years are behind him I believe. Good player on his day but a big gamble to take on. 

Well that's the perfect scenario for WT to sign him and pay overs to do it!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

WESTS TIGERS 2024 JUDICIARY CHARGES:

* Aidan Sezer: high tackle, $1000 fine

* Api Koroisau: dangerous contact, $1000 fine

* Stefano Utoikamanu: high tackle, $1000 fine

* Lachlan Galvin: dangerous contact, two-game ban

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, $1800 fine

* Justin Matamua: dangerous contact, $1000 fine

* David Klemmer: high tackle, $1000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, $3000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, four-game ban

* David Klemmer: contrary conduct, $3000 fine

* Alex Seyfarth: striking, $1500 fine

* Isaiah Papali'i: tripping, one-game ban

* Alex Seyfarth: high tackle, $1800 fine

* Brent Naden: dangerous contact, one-game ban

* Justin Olam: dangerous contact, one-game ban

* David Klemmer: dangerous contact, three-game ban

* Adam Doueihi: dangerous contact, $750 fine

* John Bateman: dangerous contact, $1000 fine

* David Klemmer: high tackle, $3000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, two-game ban (TBC).

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

WESTS TIGERS 2024 JUDICIARY CHARGES:

* Aidan Sezer: high tackle, $1000 fine

* Stefano Utoikamanu: high tackle, $1000 fine

* Lachlan Galvin: dangerous contact, two-game ban

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, $1800 fine

* Justin Matamua: dangerous contact, $1000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, $3000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, four-game ban

* David Klemmer: contrary conduct, $3000 fine

* Alex Seyfarth: striking, $1500 fine

* Isaiah Papali'i: tripping, one-game ban

* Alex Seyfarth: high tackle, $1800 fine

* Brent Naden: dangerous contact, one-game ban

* Justin Olam: dangerous contact, one-game ban

* David Klemmer: dangerous contact, three-game ban

* Adam Doueihi: dangerous contact, $750 fine

* John Bateman: dangerous contact, $1000 fine

* David Klemmer: high tackle, $3000 fine

* Aidan Sezer: dangerous contact, two-game ban (TBC).

The way Sezer has been playing I was hoping he’d get longer

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

The way Sezer has been playing I was hoping he’d get longer

Likewise

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

No interest in Ravalawa. Not a bad finisher but poor hands and a liability in defence. 

CanberraTiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Thought this was interesting. 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rather-die-on-my-feet-than-live-on-my-knees-behind-the-rise-of-ciraldo-s-hustlers-20240716-p5ju4u.html

Amidst all the soft ball PR guff are some important lessons for our club. The dogs are far from the most talented squad out there, but they might be the hardest working. Their effort areas are off the charts - kick chase, line speed, wrestle and so forth. 

They were in a bad place only last season, but got rid of some bad eggs and recruited on character. They're a few players short of being a genuine threat, but they are now an attractive place to go for those sort of players, so every chance of taking the next step. 

We are years behind them at present, but I think it's important to note that the big name recruits aren't going to pull you out of the mire on their own. There has to be a whole mentality shift at the club before any sort of move up the table. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Recruiting on character is something we really need to think hard about this off season. Before the Dogs the example of Cronulla and also the dolphins are great examples. We need to flood first grade with these types to shift the culture 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Recruiting on character is something we really need to think hard about this off season. Before the Dogs the example of Cronulla and also the dolphins are great examples. We need to flood first grade with these types to shift the culture 

TBF IMO Api, Klem, Bateman, Papalii, Sezer, are all examples of good culture I would want to import into the club. IMO their culture isnt the problem ,their on field output is the problem (Api the exception).

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @tiger5150

TBF IMO Api, Klem, Bateman, Papalii, Sezer, are all examples of good culture I would want to import into the club. IMO their culture isnt the problem ,their on field output is the problem (Api the exception).

I agree and disagree… the disagreement is that of Api. I believe he has overplayed his game at stages and not only this season. Our coach has overplayed him also at times. And one big point largely goes ignored is his interactions with the referees. They are either non existent or very passive. Honestly next year the captaincy should not be his and TDS has to play a bigger roll in season ‘25 games. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't follow your logic on this one. Exception of Api noted, if their (the others) on field output is the problem, then that's either a talent issue or an attitude issue. So the message from the senior leaders is that at WT it's ok to be half-arsed? If that's not culture, I'm not sure what is. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Personally I disagree, although some of that is attributed to hindsight to be fair. However Bateman and Klemmer in particular are destroying any sort of tough and disciplined culture we would like to build. They are at the bottom of the list of players I would bring in for culture. The example they are setting every week is as negative as you can get.

That's hindsight though, at the time we signed them I think we all hoped they would bring that leadership. Sadly, they both lack the character to do what they are paid to do. Bateman tries hard but his constant brain explosions every single game demoralises the team, and Klemmer plays so physoft the young forwards must look at him with disdain.

Replace these 2 with less talented but wholehearted players, ones that you know will put in every week 100% and be disciplined and we improve significantly.

ReplyQuote
Page 996 / 1046
Share: