Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @russtutty63

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning? Surely part of the reason to allow Stef to test the market now was so the club could get on with their plans if he accepted an offer. Waiting until November might could still see Stef go but also cut down the time for the club to negotiate upgrades & potential recruits to replace Stef.

I don't think the club will wait that long to start looking at securing someone else.

Well, they have no choice. They must be looking into alternatives in case he accepts an offer to go. All options have to be looked into now, not after a decision is made by Stef. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Does anyone else think Feldt or Oates or worth looking into for a couple of seasons?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Looks like the Dragons are going after Saifiti rather than Stefano. Would be a pretty awful deal for them, pending how much Newcastle end up chipping in. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Does anyone else think Feldt or Oates or worth looking into for a couple of seasons?

Feldt lols … ppl haven’t forgot surely 🤣

I’ve met Cory Oates a few times, good kid 👍 wouldn’t say no. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Looks like the Dragons are going after Saifiti rather than Stefano. Would be a pretty awful deal for them, pending how much Newcastle end up chipping in. 

Why would that be an awful deal for them?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

He's reportedly on $750k pa, and is very much on the decline. The dragons already have a pretty old and experienced pack - they need to regenerate their fwds not add more old boys. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

He's reportedly on $750k pa, and is very much on the decline. The dragons already have a pretty old and experienced pack - they need to regenerate their fwds not add more old boys. 

He’s only 28 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

You may be right. I'm interested to know why he has slipped from a few years ago, because at 28, he should be killing it. He is different to Klemmer in that he still has that physical presence to impose himself on the opposition, so it can only be an attitude thing. 

IMO he looks like he could recapture his best with a fresh start and added desire.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @Anonymous

Feldt lols … ppl haven’t forgot surely 🤣

I’ve met Cory Oates a few times, good kid 👍 wouldn’t say no. 

Yes, I know someone else who brought up the Feldt business. But it’s interesting isn’t it. I like Feldt for his skill set, can kick goals, a great finisher & terrific under the high ball. Can make plenty of tough carries too & defend well. But Oates is a few years younger & probably carries the ball better.  He’d probably start your sets better than Feldt. And he’d probably be more likely to leave Broncos than Feldt leave the Cows. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 Can you enlighten me on what "the Feldt business" is? I missed it.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@russtutty63 Can you enlighten me on what "the Feldt business" is? I missed it.

His ability to dive and receive a game winning penalty. Tigers fans have long memories. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

He’s only 28 

And that concerns me even more tbh - that he's dropped off so (relatively) early for a prop. 

Anyway, not our problem thankfully. We have our own overpriced and underwhelming veterans on the books already. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @barra

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning? Surely part of the reason to allow Stef to test the market now was so the club could get on with their plans if he accepted an offer. Waiting until November might could still see Stef go but also cut down the time for the club to negotiate upgrades & potential recruits to replace Stef.

I don't think the club will wait that long to start looking at securing someone else.

Well, they have no choice. They must be looking into alternatives in case he accepts an offer to go. All options have to be looked into now, not after a decision is made by Stef. 

My take on the Stef contract is that 2025 and 2026 is probably null and void due to the get clause being activated. And it was activated early.  The clause is activated with the intention of leaving. Richo would not accept this idea of testing the market and coming back to the club with the existing terms continuing. If Stef does stay and I don’t think he will, I’m sure it will be with a new contract. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

IMG 3135
IMG 3136
IMG 3137

ryles coming in to parramatta with a mandate to turn over their roster. There are not that many players with long contracts. Anyone here that we should target? Cartright? Talagai? They have so much tide up with gutho, Paulo, Moses and brown. They are going to struggle to regenerate their squad.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs Good grief, never Cartwright. He's makes errors and poor decisions as a hobby. Shockingly overrated.

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 991 / 1073
Share: