Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @russtutty63

Just curious but who would people rate as the best 5 props to be brought to the club? Here’s a few, in no particular order:

Stef

Keith Galloway

Todd Payten

Laffranchi *

Klemmer

• * Not sure as he played lower grades at Tigers but don’t think he was a junior.

Shane Walker

Jason Lowrie

LOVED Shane walker!!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just curious but who would people rate as the best 5 props to be brought to the club? Here’s a few, in no particular order:

Stef

Keith Galloway

Todd Payten

Laffranchi *

Klemmer

• * Not sure as he played lower grades at Tigers but don’t think he was a junior.

Shane Walker

Jason Lowrie

Yes, both very handy but, like most, never really set the world on fire. But maybe that’s good enough if you have great players around them. I think Jack Williams is that kind of player, would do a very good job for your team. 

This post was modified 6 days ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Hoping we hear some news following the UK trip soon. We were close to signing an english forward?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Stef

Keith Galloway

Todd Payten

Laffranchi *

Klemmer

Shane Walker

Jason Lowrie

Don’t forget Danny Galea 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Watching Luai last night made me think we don’t need Bateman next year ie Bateman is basically a small forward who darts around trying to do something unstructured. Next year we will have Luai who is great at that as well as Galvin who plays very good eyes up. We will have Fainu as an athletic rangy 2RF on one side of the field, I would love an equivalent on the other side to keep defensive sides committed and to give Galvin the space to use douhie/bula down the right. We will have some very powerful and athletic edges for the first time in a very long time with smart creative halves running the show. We don’t need X factor from our 2RF

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Watching Luai last night made me think we don’t need Bateman next year ie Bateman is basically a small forward who darts around trying to do something unstructured. Next year we will have Luai who is great at that as well as Galvin who plays very good eyes up. We will have Fainu as an athletic rangy 2RF on one side of the field, I would love an equivalent on the other side to keep defensive sides committed and to give Galvin the space to use douhie/bula down the right. We will have some very powerful and athletic edges for the first time in a very long time with smart creative halves running the show. We don’t need X factor from our 2RF

Yes, very excited about our edges next season given Lachie, Jahream & Samuela will improve physically & learn a lot about their roles this year as well. Sol Saukuru, who didn’t get much of a preseason due to injury is also showing some good signs in Cup. He’s just 20 this year, 185cm & 105kg. So there’ll be a bit of depth in the centres especially with Turuva also being able to maybe play there as well although would expect he’s wing mainly. Here’s a question, given Luai plays predominantly left side & Lachie also very good there what kind of adjustments will take place & how do you think they’ll play?

This post was modified 6 days ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@skippa13 

Me too. Could make a break with his nuggety build and speed.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

100% we have to get out of that Bateman deal.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I love Batemans passion and commitment in defense, however if you use Samuela as the benchmark he is a fair way below him. He is not a threat in attack and defenses do not respect him when he runs with the ball, he does not draw multiple defenders and that's why he niggles, its like he is not able to physically draw multiple defenders to create space for his center and winger so he does it by playing mind games and they all know he is doing it so they don't take the bait, this makes him niggle even more until he gives away a penalty or gets sent off. He needs to put his head down and just run a clever line to split defenders and draw them in. He really needs to sit down with Benji and the coaching staff to figure out how he can give us some value for the $$ we are paying him....or he needs to be shipped off.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I actually reckon that Luai coming is great for Bateman. Not because Laui will unlock him or anything but it will push him to the level of leadership where he belongs.

It might sound a bit whimsical but Bateman isn't a VC level of leader. I think having the VC pushes him to try too hard and either make a mistake or lose his cool. With Laui around it will alleviate some of that pressure to lead and he can be more of a bit player. For example, Liam Martin(only using him as an example cos he is also a 2nd rower) is not at the top of Penriths leadership but he makes a big impact when needed but he's not expected to all the time. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I totally understand the anti-Bateman talk and im not sure taht I disagree with it, but i also think there is potentially a place in the team for him, but it maybe needs to be refined or revised.

You do not necessarily need two rampaging Sa Fainu type backrowers, although Id love another Samuela. There is merit in having a variety of skills and threats. I think that Batemans defence is undervalued. He does a LOT of defence and a lot of cleaning up. He also has fantastic hands for a 2RF (more like your classic big 5/8) and would benefit in a clever centre outside him (Doueihi?) or Bula inside.

What I do agree is that we need less of the crabbing across field Bateman looking for something. Unfortunately there is no shortage of players that can fill that role. In an ideal world, Bateman is attacking the edge, using footwork to get outside or half through a line, offloading to a centre or Bula.

This of course requires strong coaching and a desire from Bateman, neither of which is guaranteed.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Siua Wong has asked Roosters for permission to talk to other clubs. He would be a great replacement for Bateman, young and on the up

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Siua Wong has asked Roosters for permission to talk to other clubs. He would be a great replacement for Bateman, young and on the up

other than age ($$?), I dont see what he adds over Bateman. Much rather target the reason why he is leaving....A Crichton.

This post was modified 6 days ago by Tiger5150

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

other than age ($$?), I dont see what he adds over Bateman. Much rather target the reason why he is leaving....A Crichton.

Angus will be staying with Roosters hence they are telling Wong he can move. Uncle nic never loses a player he wants to keep 

Bateman is a terrible deal for us

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger who are you playing on the right edge that’s an upgrade on Bateman?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 984 / 988
Share: