Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Question 1 - of the established first graders missing from today's game - WT which ones walk straight back into the team,  and replace who?

- Twal? - Probably takes kit Laulili spot.

- Klemmer? - yes...pushes Pole to the bench, takes Kits spot or Mason drops off (Douiehi can cover utility role if needed)

- Olam? - yes..pushes Douiehi to right centre, Naden out of the squad.

- Staines? - No

- Toa? -No

- Bateman? _ either Bateman or Ice replaces Porter, Batemans defence is underrated IMO.

- Ice? - either Bateman or Ice replaces Porter, IMO we scored an extra last week with Ice in the squad.

- Tupou? - Probably better than Faataape but do we bother with him leaving?

- Bud? - no

- Latu? -  no but would love to get him in there, maybe takes Masons spot.

- TDS? - probably not but maybe takes Masons spot.

In the consideration of Twal & klem, in the cold light of day after the excitement of tonight, we only had Samuela & Seyfarth run over 100m in a completely dominant display, Stef only ran for 71m, 18m of that was kick return. Need more metres from our middles. Our middles were dominated last week and weren't on top tonight despite belting them on the scoreboard.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I still don’t think anyone has demanded to replace Klemmer as starting prop when he’s back so he comes straight in to starting #10 in my view.

Between Bateman and Papi my first instinct is Bateman but also I think Papi can do well if we persist with this new high tempo style that blew Canberra away. Given Papi is leaving I probably choose Bateman for culture and leadership.

Bench then for me looks like Sione Fainu, Pole, Seyfarth (yes he was sent off but his energy is great and his discipline is generally improving. Twal is too one dimensional in my view, he doesn’t offer impact or anything new). The last bench spot is really a choice of whether you put TDS on to give Api a break or Mason on to cover the backline. Given we have really never offered Api a rest and there is now more attack work done by Matamua, Galvin and Sezer then I think you go with mason.

Douhie and Olam are your centre pairing. Luke Luallili is now the right wing (sorry but Staines is too small) and left wing I would probably play Tupou just for some height as another attacking tactic and some meters earlier in the set (then next year Taruva!)

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I still don’t think anyone has demanded to replace Klemmer as starting prop when he’s back so he comes straight in to starting #10 in my view.

Between Bateman and Papi my first instinct is Bateman but also I think Papi can do well if we persist with this new high tempo style that blew Canberra away. Given Papi is leaving I probably choose Bateman for culture and leadership.

Bench then for me looks like Sione Fainu, Pole, Seyfarth (yes he was sent off but his energy is great and his discipline is generally improving. Twal is too one dimensional in my view, he doesn’t offer impact or anything new). The last bench spot is really a choice of whether you put TDS on to give Api a break or Mason on to cover the backline. Given we have really never offered Api a rest and there is now more attack work done by Matamua, Galvin and Sezer then I think you go with mason.

Douhie and Olam are your centre pairing. Luke Luallili is now the right wing (sorry but Staines is too small) and left wing I would probably play Tupou just for some height as another attacking tactic and some meters earlier in the set (then next year Taruva!)

I disagree that no one has put their hand up to start for Klemmer. Against St George Twal started and was our best forward. The last 2 games Pole has started and been 3 times better then Klemmer and has seemed to relish the opportunity.

There is no way in he'll I'm going back to starting Klemmer. Next step is to see if he can play a leadership role off the bench. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I disagree that no one has put their hand up to start for Klemmer. Against St George Twal started and was our best forward. The last 2 games Pole has started and been 3 times better then Klemmer and has seemed to relish the opportunity.

There is no way in he'll I'm going back to starting Klemmer. Next step is to see if he can play a leadership role off the bench. 

I agree with you, I wouldn't have Klemmer start either. I'd run him off the bench. Start Stef and Pole (Matamua at 13) and have a bench rotation of Sione Fainu, Klemmer and Papali'i or Seyfarth.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I agree 100% with everything you've said except i'd have Klemmer off the bench. I think he'd do well in that role.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I agree with you, I wouldn't have Klemmer start either. I'd run him off the bench. Start Stef and Pole (Matamua at 13) and have a bench rotation of Sione Fainu, Klemmer and Papali'i or Seyfarth.

I think Seyfarth has to be there. His impact has been significant and his ball playing link play is improving a lot. Matamua is struggling to hold his spot for me as a result of Seyfarth doing the role better and some other forwards returning. 

It's not end for Matamua,  this stint would have done him good, but his intensity isn't quite there, so he goes back to KOE cup to improve further and fight his way back through more effort. Its been a good spell for him and he will better for it, but other players are earning a spot over him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@doug-heffernan I've always been super critical of Seyfarth but he's improved heaps this year in all aspects of his game (except maybe discipline). I think he's best off the bench.

Re: Matamua, I think there's something potentially very good there. I just feel like our attack is better whenever he's on the field (although I concede his stint on the weekend wasn't as productive).

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @frullens

Question 1 - of the established first graders missing from today's game - WT which ones walk straight back into the team,  and replace who?

- Twal?

- Klemmer?

- Olam?

- Staines?

- Toa?

- Bateman?

- Ice?

- Tupou?

- Bud?

- Latu?

- TDS?

That's a great question. I think Staines would come in for young Luke who did a great job given his inexperience and age. Luke will get other opportunities you'd think but this is the Roosters we'll be playing so Staines, who was very good I thought against the Titans, will probably come in. Love what Rueben Porter has been doing but Bateman with the two young blokes, Fainu & Matamua in the back row might be better for this game. And as much as I've liked Pole last two weeks I still think his 2nd stints are best, providing that energy and lift off the bench so I'd bring in Klem and Pole off bench so Kit back to Cup. I think by adding the 3 experienced guys to replace the 3 guys who have only 7 games between them we'll add about 500+ games to the 17 which will still be half as much as the Roosters 17. Probably give Olam another week resting the knee unless he's 100% over it. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Posted by: @frullens

- Twal?

- Klemmer?

- Olam?

- Staines?

- Toa?

- Bateman?

- Ice?

- Tupou?

- Bud?

- Latu?

- TDS?

That's a great question. I think Staines would come in for young Luke who did a great job given his inexperience and age. Luke will get other opportunities you'd think but this is the Roosters we'll be playing so Staines, who was very good I thought against the Titans, will probably come in. Love what Rueben Porter has been doing but Bateman with the two young blokes, Fainu & Matamua in the back row might be better for this game. And as much as I've liked Pole last two weeks I still think his 2nd stints are best, providing that energy and lift off the bench so I'd bring in Klem and Pole off bench so Kit back to Cup. I think by adding the 3 experienced guys to replace the 3 guys who have only 7 games between them we'll add about 500+ games to the 17 which will still be half as much as the Roosters 17. Probably give Olam another week resting the knee unless he's 100% over it. 

Also think the mid season break for Klem and Bateman will have been beneficial for both and coming back into a team that's won back to back games after a run of outs will have them champing at the bit. A much better scenario than it could've been. 

This post was modified 4 days ago by Russtutty63

Tiger5150, Skippa13, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Mate just told me Gordon Tallis said on 360 that a prop’s job at a top 4 team & a bottom 4 team is the same, 20 hit ups, 30 tackles type of thing. What makes the difference is the quality of the dummy half & Stef has one of the best in Api. I suggested that the half would have input in the construction of the sets with the dummy half and Sezer & Api were now starting to combine well in that regard. With Luai coming you’d think that area of the Tigers game, set construction, would have high quality. Hopefully Stef takes that into consideration.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Stefano, supposedly, being on the Storm radar makes sense as they have a habit of getting players to reach their potential. I think that's what Stefano wants but it would be for only a short time under Bellamy; after that, who knows who will take on that job?

But the Raiders??? What a hapless, miserable looking bunch Ricky has created there. Surely staying at WT is a better option??

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Stefano, supposedly, being on the Storm radar makes sense as they have a habit of getting players to reach their potential. I think that's what Stefano wants but it would be for only a short time under Bellamy; after that, who knows who will take on that job?

But the Raiders??? What a hapless, miserable looking bunch Ricky has created there. Surely staying at WT is a better option??

I hope it is the Raiders and Stef has a good hard look at the way they ayed against us!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

imre Guler apparently looking for a release from Canberra along with whitehead going back to England and Papalli on his last legs. They will be desperate for Stef 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

imre Guler apparently looking for a release from Canberra along with whitehead going back to England and Papalli on his last legs. They will be desperate for Stef 

I agree, but why would he go there? I think the Raiders are a team on the decline. If he gets a big offer from Roosters, Storm or Panthers, I get it. But I reckon he'd be better of staying here than going to Canberra.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I agree, but why would he go there? I think the Raiders are a team on the decline. If he gets a big offer from Roosters, Storm or Panthers, I get it. But I reckon he'd be better of staying here than going to Canberra.

100% agree. But I assume they will offer him AFB type money as they are a team that has always built around Front Row dominance 

ReplyQuote
Page 981 / 985
Share: