Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

stef looks like he has one foot out the door.... see ya mate 

stef taking the easy option and going somewhere that is already strong says a lot about his character

spot on no fighting character with stef, may well play origin again one day but has the heart if a split pea, not worth 800k . Not the attitude we need 

Attitudes can be changed; lack of ability can't. Stefano does not lack ability. He's got a heap of it. I'm for keeping him.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

stef looks like he has one foot out the door.... see ya mate 

stef taking the easy option and going somewhere that is already strong says a lot about his character

spot on no fighting character with stef, may well play origin again one day but has the heart if a split pea, not worth 800k . Not the attitude we need 

Attitudes can be changed; lack of ability can't. Stefano does not lack ability. He's got a heap of it. I'm for keeping him.

I definitely want to keep him and hope he is a part of our rebuild but want a lot more consistency out of him too. It wasn't long ago that he wanted to be captain of the club but now it looks like he wants to Tedesco-it into a top team rather than put in for the club that have him the opportunity. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Everyone has their own opinion which is great but I struggle to understand how we quickly turn on players when they want out. Why wouldn't Stefano want out? He is an origin standard player who cannot thrive at our club - just like many before him. Stefano should be thriving, playing origin and growing in reputation and skill development. But he isn't. I blame our club. We have constantly shown an inability to develop and get the best out of players. I don't blame players when they want to be part of a winning culture. Sure, there's an argument that he should be part of the turn around but considering we are now commencing our 4th rebuild in close to as many years, I understand the concern that this just won't change

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigersteve

Everyone has their own opinion which is great but I struggle to understand how we quickly turn on players when they want out. Why wouldn't Stefano want out? He is an origin standard player who cannot thrive at our club - just like many before him. Stefano should be thriving, playing origin and growing in reputation and skill development. But he isn't. I blame our club. We have constantly shown an inability to develop and get the best out of players. I don't blame players when they want to be part of a winning culture. Sure, there's an argument that he should be part of the turn around but considering we are now commencing our 4th rebuild in close to as many years, I understand the concern that this just won't change

i fail to see how I should feel sorry for someone who is highly paid and appears to want to jump ship. We have paid him handsomely and offered him a top contract for his position. I have no guilt about dislike for people who give up on our team. There are teams that go from the bottom 8 to the top 8 quite regularly and that is something that is within sight if we can steadily improve our roster over the next few years. Jumping into a team that already has a strong culture and strong roster to win a ring is the short cut to success. If he doesn’t want to be part of my team and publicly humiliates us by turning down our competitive offer than good riddance to bad rubbish. Dragging it out all year is dragging down our club and there are enough people out there who want to do that. I hope he never wins a ring if he goes elsewhere

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigersteve I completely empathise with your frustration.We’re all feeling it,but in my opinion we have to put the blame game on hold and recognise that there is a whole new administrative strategy in play.Unfortunately that calls for a little more patience,something that is in short supply,but realistically just has to be part of the ongoing process.  
 As far as I’m concerned Richo implicitly understands the rigours of salary cap  and is obviously playing hardball and within that framework.Good luck to him whatever the array of outcomes may be.He’s a serious breath of fresh air as opposed to what has preceded him. 
 A win or even a great effort at Campbelltown might bolster your spirits!I reckon Canberra without Fogarty are there to be beaten!!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigersteve I completely empathise with your frustration.We’re all feeling it,but in my opinion we have to put the blame game on hold and recognise that there is a whole new administrative strategy in play.Unfortunately that calls for a little more patience,something that is in short supply,but realistically just has to be part of the ongoing process.  
 As far as I’m concerned Richo implicitly understands the rigours of salary cap  and is obviously playing hardball and within that framework.Good luck to him whatever the array of outcomes may be.He’s a serious breath of fresh air as opposed to what has preceded him. 
 A win or even a great effort at Campbelltown might bolster your spirits!I reckon Canberra without Fogarty are there to be beaten!!

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I agree mate. I think we are progressing. Definitely think this admin is on the move. But I can't blame players for feeling like they've had enough

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Can’t disagree Steve. And Stef hasn’t said he’s going yet. He said it’s in the hands of his manager. He’s a professional footy player who wants to wait & see what offers come in, from who & how much etc. seems reasonable to me. And he’s said it’s tough losing a lot, thought that was a fair comment too. Players come & go all the time. Others will leave too, not just Stef. The club will release players who might want to stay, that’s how it is. Others might seek a release, so be it. But whilst they’re here I’ll support them & hope they can help us win games. No doubt others will chose not to & that’s their choice, it’s just all part of the theatre of footy I guess. 

Kades79 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Can’t disagree Steve. And Stef hasn’t said he’s going yet. He said it’s in the hands of his manager. He’s a professional footy player who wants to wait & see what offers come in, from who & how much etc. seems reasonable to me. And he’s said it’s tough losing a lot, thought that was a fair comment too. Players come & go all the time. The club will release players who might want to stay, that’s how it is. Others might seek a release, so be it. But whilst they’re here I’ll support them & hope they can help us win games. No doubt others will chose not to & that’s their choice, it’s just all part of the theatre of footy I guess. 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

i fail to see how I should feel sorry for someone who is highly paid and appears to want to jump ship. We have paid him handsomely and offered him a top contract for his position. I have no guilt about dislike for people who give up on our team. There are teams that go from the bottom 8 to the top 8 quite regularly and that is something that is within sight if we can steadily improve our roster over the next few years. Jumping into a team that already has a strong culture and strong roster to win a ring is the short cut to success. If he doesn’t want to be part of my team and publicly humiliates us by turning down our competitive offer than good riddance to bad rubbish. Dragging it out all year is dragging down our club and there are enough people out there who want to do that. I hope he never wins a ring if he goes elsewhere

Fair enough. As I wrote - everyone has an opinion and that's fine. I hope Stefano stays but if he doesn't, I get it and wish him well. He's a good footballer and a nice bloke. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

He's a good footballer that has been paid well but has underperformed when he was supposed to be someone who helped turn the club around, then jumps ship because in his own words "it's hard." 

I'm really happy that the club is getting in better shape off the field but realistically it is the players who win the game. It is going to be a long process and I am more patient than most but how much longer can we expect to keep losing good players before some stay? I am just very disappointed with his attitude, comments and impending departure.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigersteve Watching the Manly game last night I thought that the majority of the Tigers players that have recently left for other clubs will be playing finals this season . So you would think Stefano would see this and think that could be me . I do feel as a supporter it’s a bit selfish wanting him to stay there is nothing wrong with yearning for success , our club still is a basket case and will be bottom four for a few seasons yet , there has not been enough turnover for quality players to even think it .

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @snake

@tigersteve Watching the Manly game last night I thought that the majority of the Tigers players that have recently left for other clubs will be playing finals this season . So you would think Stefano would see this and think that could be me . I do feel as a supporter it’s a bit selfish wanting him to stay there is nothing wrong with yearning for success , our club still is a basket case and will be bottom four for a few seasons yet , there has not been enough turnover for quality players to even think it .

maybe not all will play finals if you watched brooks leading manly last night 😂 

love Brooksy but geez, he just falls over when asked to be the guy

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

maybe not all will play finals if you watched brooks leading manly last night 😂 

love Brooksy but geez, he just falls over when asked to be the guy

Manly won’t be playing finals. Really inconsistent 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I think if we look all this realistically we may perhaps agree that this was always going to be another difficult year. Particularly with or average roster, couple of very average preseason performances and even after getting those two early wins I was never really confident.

With current NRL rules in place we live in very difficult game environment where teams ….. looking to reset, rebuild and/ or play with inadequate experienced roster backup ….. have very little chance to succeed. Particularly if you add to that the hostility and manipulation from the media and player managers that’s relentlessly directed our way.

I know in the past it’s been said over and over that we need to be patient ….. and as supporters of WT club ….. that message is wearing rather thin. I don’t expect short term miracles but believe success will come as long as we continue to focus resources on local junior pathways as major road to improvement. 

So I can understand and support approach currently taken by the Club ….. clean out our roster and move on the underperformed, uninspired and unwilling and use our historic knowledge of failure to turn it into success.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 979 / 1066
Share: