Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tgrzmn

@russtutty63 Next time you see Buzz remind him that the Tigrs were the first team to beat the Sharks this season.

it will be interesting how 360 take their show tonight. Especially after the Richardson comment, I know it was in-house but they may put the tigers win on the low tonight. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

@russtutty63 Next time you see Buzz remind him that the Tigrs were the first team to beat the Sharks this season.

it will be interesting how 360 take their show tonight. Especially after the Richardson comment, I know it was in-house but they may put the tigers win on the low tonight. 

Gordon Tallis was in the chairman's lounge on Saturday.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Yes, would be tempting wouldn’t it but I prefer to have nothing to do with people like Buzz, makes life a little more enjoyable. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

With Stef not being selected for origin, does this now trigger that insane clause in his contract to make him a free agent for next year.

Even though he had a better game on Saturday, I still don’t think he is worth anywhere near $800k per year

he is still a (slim) chance of getting picked for Game 3, otherwise yes he then could negotiate elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

With Stef not being selected for origin, does this now trigger that insane clause in his contract to make him a free agent for next year.

Even though he had a better game on Saturday, I still don’t think he is worth anywhere near $800k per year

he is still a (slim) chance of getting picked for Game 3, otherwise yes he then could negotiate elsewhere.

thought stef had to play 2 games of SOO, is that not correct ?

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

thought stef had to play 2 games of SOO, is that not correct ?

He has played one game already.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Depends on the wording of the contract, the other condition is us not making the finals and technically that won't have happened until after the last game of the season.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @garry

Depends on the wording of the contract, the other condition is us not making the finals and technically that won't have happened until after the last game of the season.

The reality is that it is probably in our best interest to give him the ok to speak to other clubs as soon as the SOO clause kicks in...800k is a lot of money to be sitting on in the hopes he decides to stay with us. I would be giving him a reasonable deadline to get back to us on a new deal. We need to be active in the market with that money ASAP if he decides to go elsewhere.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

the other condition is us not making the finals and technically that won't have happened until after the last game of the season.

Or we win every game until the end of the season and sneak into the 8 .....?

Consider Stef safe

Top 8 2023

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@lorenzo 

It would be interesting to know the wording

As he isn't automatically released if the clauses aren't met

So even if he is given permission to look elsewhere, technically would be stuck but being able to recruit until signs elsewhere or confirms to stay. 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @frullens

the other condition is us not making the finals and technically that won't have happened until after the last game of the season.

Consider Stef safe

we would need to win 10 of the last 12 if my math is correct

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Consider Stef safe

not difficult at all 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

@lorenzo 

It would be interesting to know the wording

As he isn't automatically released if the clauses aren't met

So even if he is given permission to look elsewhere, technically would be stuck but being able to recruit until signs elsewhere or confirms to stay. 

I was wondering that as well, does it mean if he stays he has to commit to another full year on the original terms, or does exercising the option make his final year null and void and we would have to negotiate a new contract with him for 2025 onwards. If so you would think no matter what he would want a new contract from next year with increased dollars even if he stays. I'm also still trying to figure out why Richo let Simpkin and Kepoa go early, both had contracts expiring this year, there is a reason he is scrimping some money together out of this years cap and its either to bring a player in for the remainder of the season or its a top up for this year to keep a current player on board.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @lorenzo

Consider Stef safe

Dumb and dumber

Lorenzo and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

All the speculation about what Stefano may or may not do, given his current contract and its conditions, is just that; speculation.

I really hope he stays.

But, I just hope HE is the one making the decision, as Galvin and family seems to have done, despite the antics of his manager.  Not some parasitic player manager convincing Stefano to go elsewhere purely for the cash that will come to both of them. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 973 / 983
Share: