Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don't think throwing him in NSW cup achieves anything. If we're holding him to the contract, and it appears we will, we should be playing and developing him as best we can, so that he wants to stick around. Giving up here and now would be self defeating. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The worst thing to happen to professional sport was the need for athletes to acquire managers. It’s become all about the money since then & less about individuals seeking the greatest challenges. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I don't think throwing him in NSW cup achieves anything. If we're holding him to the contract, and it appears we will, we should be playing and developing him as best we can, so that he wants to stick around. Giving up here and now would be self defeating. 

if Galvin announces in 2025 he is moving on end of 2026 then why would we play and develop him at the risk of losing Latu Fainu

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger Why is Brad Arthur on everybody’s lips .. he is not going to be an assistant he is an accomplished head coach .. Benji needs a couple of proven assistants that’s it .

if we dont get many more wins, does benji fall on his sword ? does Brad Arthur become an option.. does richo step in and offer an assistant role as a contingency plan

Look I think the best option would be Morris or Gardner as head coach. The latter should have been given a go after his  short stint. He got a lot out of the team when he was here and also had reserve grade pumping. Missed opportunity I suppose, but we’re use to that right 🤷‍♂️

Josh Hannay is also a very option as well.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Speaking with a friend he said “just have to believe that in Richo & Benji we have the right people in place to deal with the situation.”  Think he’s nailed it.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Well, we know where this leak came from, right Isaac. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

if Galvin announces in 2025 he is moving on end of 2026 then why would we play and develop him at the risk of losing Latu Fainu

He can't say that until November 2025, which is a lifetime away. Let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it. 

ReplyQuote
(@usedtobeasouthsfan)
Wests Tigers Supporter

It is a fascinating time to be a Tigers fan. We're now pointed firmly in the 'develop your own' direction, partly because we would need to pay overs to recruit externally. But what happens when your internal recruits don't want to stay either?

We just need to stay the course and make sure we recruit NRL veterans during this time. We cannot depend on kids. The Knights saw it out, the Dogs are seeing it out (it seems) and we can too. Unfortunately, Benji looks like he'll be our Nathan Brown and Trent Barrett. As some suggested, I like Ben Gardiner to replace him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

He can't say that until November 2025, which is a lifetime away. Let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it. 

so he has an "idea" of what Roosters or Penrith will offer him for 2027, as soon as November 2025 comes around he formally tells the club I am leaving. 

if he doesn't want to be here I doubt it changes in a year 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Dean Ritchie reporting Roosters and Penrith after Galvin.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Dean Ritchie reporting Roosters and Penrith after Galvin.

He’s put two and two together.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

Speaking with a friend he said “just have to believe that in Richo & Benji we have the right people in place to deal with the situation.”  Think he’s nailed it.

He's nailed it in terms of there's no alternative. Whether there should be alternatives is a complete other question. And, according to Marshall's wife (supposedly) we need to prioritise his attainment of joy in life. As if the parlous state of wins does not impact on the sense of joy that we members and fans feel. Maybe she's jetlagged from the Fiji return trip. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Galvins mummy and daddy using Moses to do the dirty work. Whip up a frenzy with the usual journalists. Galvin gets to pretend if asked that he loves the club etc etc. this is Tedesco all over again but we have a contract for the next few years. Roosters will move on once they can’t shake Galvin free. Let him rot in reserve grade.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Galvins mummy and daddy using Moses to do the dirty work. Whip up a frenzy with the usual journalists. Galvin gets to pretend if asked that he loves the club etc etc. this is Tedesco all over again but we have a contract for the next few years. Roosters will move on once they can’t shake Galvin free. Let him rot in reserve grade.

All fair points, but if you were Galvin’s parents, would you want him to leave? It’s career suicide for him to stay and league players have short careers. I don’t blame Galvin for wanting out - it’s the clubs fault.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

All fair points, but if you were Galvin’s parents, would you want him to leave? It’s career suicide for him to stay and league players have short careers. I don’t blame Galvin for wanting out - it’s the clubs fault.

unless there is some truth to the commentary that he was asked to play 14 or centre so Latu can have a go, then no, as a parent I would honestly want him to stay, he will be playing beside luai and he can become a club legend with endorsements and $$ for life if he turns the club around, worse case he plays for a couple of years, becomes a stand out regular first grader and writes his own cheques next contract when he will only be 20yrs old. He could go somewhere else and end up in reserves....I actually see more upside in his career if he stays.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 960 / 982
Share: