Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Tupou signing with Dolphins absolutely sucks and we’ll regret it down the line. Overall I think we’ve been doing well lately but this is a huge mistake. Signing To’a before we had Tupou locked in was dumb dumb dumb.

I guess it depends on dollars - if Tupou wanted more than he’s worth then I’m ok to see him depart.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Tupou signing with Dolphins absolutely sucks and we’ll regret it down the line. Overall I think we’ve been doing well lately but this is a huge mistake. Signing To’a before we had Tupou locked in was dumb dumb dumb.

I guess it depends on dollars - if Tupou wanted more than he’s worth then I’m ok to see him depart.

think tupou is getting paid way overs good luck to him

Ronald volkman to dragons for 2024

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

What is he getting paid?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

We currently have no one to replace him. If we get Olam he’ll be on much more $ and is worse with only downside to come. Tupou will end up a very good centre. It was very clear to see last year that he’s got something.

To’a, Naden, Kepaoa are very poor centres.

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

For the money he got offered at Dolphins I have no problems us not matching it.  400-575k on a guy still learning the game is madness when not in the spine.  Good luck to him and we will have a cheaper replacement I'm sure. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @hsvjones

For the money he got offered at Dolphins I have no problems us not matching it.  400-575k on a guy still learning the game is madness when not in the spine.  Good luck to him and we will have a cheaper replacement I'm sure. 

where did you get those figures from? What do you think To’a is on?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

What is he getting paid?

I'm not sure, do you rate him ?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What is he getting paid?

How can you say he’s getting paid way overs when you don’t know how much he is getting paid? Or are you saying you don’t think he’s a first grader? 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

What is he getting paid?

Then how can you say he’s getting paid overs? I think Tupou is a quality player.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

What is he getting paid?

Then how can you say he’s getting paid overs? I think Tupou is a quality player.

was meaning volkman? 

isn't tupou getting between 600k and 650 k ? think that is overs if true

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

What is he getting paid?

How can you say he’s getting paid way overs when you don’t know how much he is getting paid? Or are you saying you don’t think he’s a first grader? 

we will have juniors come through who are better than tupou, he is not a massive loss for us

with AD 600k off contract for 2025 it is not like we didn't have the cash to try and keep tupou, I'd say the club is of the opinion 600k - 650k is too much for him.

Not sure where tupou fits into that dolphins backline maybe wing ? would think farnworth and averillo maybe take centre 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

What is he getting paid?

we will have juniors come through who are better than tupou, he is not a massive loss for us

with AD 600k off contract for 2025 it is not like we didn't have the cash to try and keep tupou, I'd say the club is of the opinion 600k - 650k is too much for him.

Not sure where tupou fits into that dolphins backline maybe wing ? would think farnworth and averillo maybe take centre 

I think he’s got potential but agree is replaceable at this stage. Not sure where these figures are coming from 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

What is he getting paid?

was meaning volkman? 

isn't tupou getting between 600k and 650 k ? think that is overs if true

I haven't seen a single article anywhere that even speculates on price. Who are the juniors coming through who are better than him that are ready to replace him for 2025?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I haven't seen a single article anywhere that even speculates on price. Who are the juniors coming through who are better than him that are ready to replace him for 2025?

Only thing I've heard was the dolphins offer was double what we were offering.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast If he can grab double the $$ elsewhere good luck to him .. I posted mid season that I thought he was way over rated and got panned , obviously someone at the club thought as much . His position is covered at present what I’ve seen of the union guy he is well and truly a better replacement . I want to see some maturity in the younger brigade before making any comment on them seen it all before for decades 95% will not make a bench ! 

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 892 / 1090
Share: