Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@momo-amp-medo what recruitment / retention decision was a bad one ? 
Hastings ? God  no ! I firmly believe he was the biggest cobtributor to our late season collapse last year . Everyone got sick of him . and he’s not good enough to warrant keeping around . 
Joffa ? That wasn’t a sheens thing . In fact he had the shits about it like the rest of us did . 
so who else ? Every single one of our signings has been in the better performers at our club . 

The only thing he hasn’t been doing is getting the chocolates at the end of games . And I’d put that largely down to the shit halves . If for that you say yea he’s the one who signed them . Yea maybe . Or we lost our starting season spine almost by weak 22 and spent at least 6 games with our reserve grade spine . Who would have predicted that ? Not with how good Peter Moussa and his team are with getting the guys ready . He’s rated as one of the best in the business . 
It’s honestly lunacy to thing that we weren’t going to go badly this year . Everyone knew we were in for a long season, especially when AD went down , and it was obvious Laurie had lost any confidence in being a first grade fullback .

the fact Bula has been a shining light, brought in by sheens and McDonnell , is underselling how the original plan went pear shaped so quickly .

It shows a distinct lack of courage and weak gutted executives . We rode into the eye of the storm knowing it was a storm , now we are in it , all these gutless executives are looking for shelter instead of lieutenant Dan riding it out . Which is what we should be doing . Nope not out “leaders” . They’re so weak they just run the ship aground in their cowardice . 
Absolutely reeks of self preservation . And nothing else . 

Mike, Jedi Tiger and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Must not be true as members have not been informed of Tim’s demise by email.

Remember our CEO promised that members would be the first to know, surely Justin wouldn’t be taking its members for ride now would he………………………………

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@tiger5150 After Fulton was brought in and McDonnell departed, it was pretty obvious that there were issues. Whether it came from Lee, Pascoe, Benji, or all three, we'll probably never know. The hilarious thing now would be if Sheens took a Head of Football role at Manly.

Mike, 851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Just to be clear The issue is not that Tim is going or staying . The issue is the chopping and changing , to basically reset the rebuild every year . 

Mike, hsvjones, CanberraTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

Just to be clear The issue is not that Tim is going or staying . The issue is the chopping and changing , to basically reset the rebuild every year . 

Agree. This is part of what alarms me about the fact that the club is not keeping Sheens as Head of Football like Sheens wants. If they kept Sheens on as HoF, not only would it be the right decision with regards planning, player development and juniors, but it would be a continuation of the plan. Instead, they just through it all out 1 year in.

IMO this year really smells like there has been a major falling out with Sheens, whether it be Lee & Pascoe or Benji or all of the above. the Fulton fiasco, this decision, teh fact they wont keep Sheens on. It might not be Lee or Pascoe, it might be Benji but surely ultimately the heads of management have to be responsible for keeping the ship floating and pointing in the right direction and they need to do it proactively not reactively.

Im done with the management of this club. Not even on an individual incident basis but the constant pile up of stupid and counterproductive issues that arise continually. Take an extreme worse case scenario and all of this is totally Sheens fault and he is turning late to training pissed or something (of course he is not), it was still Lee & Pascoe who decided that this is the right course of action and supposedly did the due diligence into how this would work.

Dirty Reds, Mike, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger5150 CEOs got  sacked for coming short on profit margins during the pandemic . Our CEO sleep walks from inept Decision to enemy decision and nothing happens . If it is Sheens fault . Then it is also Pascoe and Lees fault. It is literally the burden of leadership .
Not these pair of cowards . Too busy with thier mid crisis’ then actually running a football club .
And no Jirskyr . Turning a profit whilst killing the brand as a whole , is not success .

Mike, Tiger5150, GroveTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

It seems pretty obvious that Lee and Pascoe panicked when they missed out on Moses and they changed jockey’s to Fulton who promised them the world. It’s not clear to me what Benji’s role was in that change but regardless that was when the relationship between Sheens and management fell apart. I don’t think Sheens’ heart has been in it since then and he’s looking for an out. The surprise is that the club is happy to just cut him out all together by not moving him to GM which feels to me like the Pascoe/Fulton faction moving to remove Sheens from any position of influence at the club. The key for me going forward is what is the Benji/Fulton relationship like. If they can work together then the club has a chance to keep moving forward (another year closer to our juniors coming through, another year with an improved roster). If they can’t then this whole thing is going to absolutely explode

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

On this occasion I don't think it's a reset. I look at it as clearing the cluster. The Sheens Benji combo has given me a messy feeling all year. I'm looking forward to having one coach, and from what I can gather, the players are very keen on Benii, so that's a great start.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

John Morris coming to Tigers as Benji's assistant apparently 

851, lestronge, Tiger_Alex and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Mole is Sheens’ guy

http://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-news-2023-wests-tigers-benji-marshall-coach-tim-sheens-justin-holbrook/76bf91e2-9734-4b24-af67-03ede5350547

The guys from NRL360 would be orgasmic right now.

Mike, 851 and tiger05premier reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

John Morris coming to Tigers as Benji's assistant apparently 

getting the gang back together 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

This club is amazing. I don’t know how they keep looking more and more inept 

Mike and tiger05premier reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Because “they” think “they” are doing a great job. “They” just don’t see it and have no internal reflection. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I think Lee and Pascoe are capable of much worse - I think we're only scratching the surface of their stupidity. 

Tigerlily, Mike, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 809 / 1093
Share: