Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigerpete

Do you have any info on Dean Hawkins 

best position half or 5/8 etc

Hawkins is a traditional halfback, remember he got injured and Ilias took over. 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Sullivan is an issue for me I do not like lazy players I mean training ect there are reasons Flanagan is moving him along the bad apple syndrome .. seen this many times before . The club needs committed players this is the only way the mediocrity barrier will be broken .This is why the Storm have been so successful they have committed players that will put in the hard yards . At least the club is doing the job to bolster the halves and about time ( Sheens has a lot to answer for this debacle IMO). 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @snake

Sullivan is an issue for me I do not like lazy players I mean training ect there are reasons Flanagan is moving him along the bad apple syndrome .. seen this many times before . The club needs committed players this is the only way the mediocrity barrier will be broken .This is why the Storm have been so successful they have committed players that will put in the hard yards . At least the club is doing the job to bolster the halves and about time ( Sheens has a lot to answer for this debacle IMO). 

I've been saying for a while now we need to recruit on personality more then anything. You can take the risk on 1 or 2, like we have with Fainu, but that's it.

Dirty Reds and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Sullivan offers that x factor that Sezer and Hawkins do not, that  off the cuff type of 7. 

By end of 2024 I am hoping it is 7. Sullivan 6. Fainu it will be very attacking with Bula and Api. 

851 and tiger05premier reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I've been saying for a while now we need to recruit on personality more then anything. You can take the risk on 1 or 2, like we have with Fainu, but that's it

Agree. Attitude plays a big part, especially in defence. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I've been saying for a while now we need to recruit on personality more then anything. You can take the risk on 1 or 2, like we have with Fainu, but that's it.

I agree with this however it cuts both ways. We have spent 10 years with an introverted main playmaker whose form seemed to ebb and flow (mostly ebb) with his personal confidence. Fainu & Sullivan look from the outside to be cocky but again from the outside they are not going to lack in self confidence and will back themselves and a club like us, in the position we are in need some self confidence that doesnt vaporise at the first setback. A couple of cocky young smartarses, with wise old heads like Klem & Api around might be exactly what we need.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 I am talking being lazy not being cocky youngsters , to be successful you need to have confidence ect it’s the other aspects of attitude is my concern .

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger the X factor is one thing the inability to work hard in preparation and doing the things to help the body cope with the riggers of week in week out NRL is just as important as the X factor ,no use having that in the rehab room on a regular basis and Sullivan seems to have a permanent booking there !

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@tiger5150 I am talking being lazy not being cocky youngsters , to be successful you need to have confidence ect it’s the other aspects of attitude is my concern .

I agree with you and he looked overweight at his tour, but I was specifically responding to Dougs point about personality...laziness is attitude, not personality. Laziness is a career killer.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jedi-tiger the X factor is one thing the inability to work hard in preparation and doing the things to help the body cope with the riggers of week in week out NRL is just as important as the X factor ,no use having that in the rehab room on a regular basis and Sullivan seems to have a permanent booking there !

Sullivan's defence might be a bit of a worry but hopefully they can work on that somewhat

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Shawn Blore being chased by Hull FC.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fc-show-interest-nrl-8636639

This post was modified 1 year ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 2430

Haas?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

IMG 2430

Haas?

He’s a great player but honestly we can spend our money better elsewhere ie halves and outside backs. Haas would make our very good forward pack even better but we’d still score no points.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

-- attachment is not available --

Haas?

He’s a great player but honestly we can spend our money better elsewhere ie halves and outside backs. Haas would make our very good forward pack even better but we’d still score no points.

So just to clarify if it was Haas you don’t want him 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @yanni

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

-- attachment is not available --

Haas?

So just to clarify if it was Haas you don’t want him 

id rather spend $1.2m on outside backs 

ReplyQuote
Page 785 / 1067
Share: