[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @canberratiger

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Hunt would be massive for us. Hopefully he can see he’s the missing piece. Just need a decent partner for him. Brooks has declared he is gone so he’s done here 

not so sure about Brooks being done here yet 

more chance of re-signing Brooks than getting Hunt 

He’s said he’s leaving. Not knocking back the offer he is leaving.

I spoke with someone recently and they told me he wants out of the club for various reasons. He’s gone mate 

Where did he say that? Not knocking you, just haven't seen it.

What reasons does he have for wanting out?

It was quoted in the media that he told the club he is leaving. 

I don’t want to go into the reasons I was given that he wants to leave and it is 2nd hand info so I don’t want to tarnish the club unfairly but I do believe that they were telling the truth. Sorry I know that sounds like I’m not putting my money where my mouth is but I don’t want to spread rumours.

851, Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Hunt would be massive for us. Hopefully he can see he’s the missing piece. Just need a decent partner for him. Brooks has declared he is gone so he’s done here 

I spoke with someone recently and they told me he wants out of the club for various reasons. He’s gone mate 

typical Isaac Moses play, he hasn't left until he has signed with another club. Tigers come back with a revised offer (they may or may not do)  he might stay. As of lunchtime today from a family member he has not signed with another nrl team 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

typical Isaac Moses play, he hasn't left until he has signed with another club. Tigers come back with a revised offer (they may or may not do)  he might stay. As of lunchtime today from a family member he has not signed with another nrl team 

I believe he will be waiting for a long time for a revised offer.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

you are right Schneider or Clune are much better options....

if we get hunt and frizell different story

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

He has been offered a fair contract.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger I actually also think a lot of this is being drummed up by Gus , because he’s trying to manipulate Brooks to the dogs . 
Has everyone convinced that hunt is the target , when it’s secretly brooks , on 500k less .

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

so the Tigers offer of $550K is his market value? Why would we offer more when there are no other offers? 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

so the Tigers offer of $550K is his market value? Why would we offer more when there are no other offers? 

As the halfback options continue to thin out and the club realise clune schneider and the like are the options they might relaisr no one better out there at present (if they can't land Hunt or fainu)

what I am saying is they might adjust the years e.g. Tigers offered 3 years he might take 2 years with increased salary as an example

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

He has been offered a fair contract.

they offered a 3 year deal, they could potentially offer 2 year deal worth slightly more money 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hunt has come out this morning and said he wants to leave the dragons and return to Queensland and is hopeful the dragons will understand. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

tigers need to be saying to Manly now that turbo is out 

We have daine Laurie and Charlie Staines we can offer this year along with talau. What we want in return to you guys releasing Latu Fainu 

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

We have daine Laurie and Charlie Staines we can offer this year along with talau. What we want in return to you guys releasing Latu Fainu 

Happy to offer Laurie, but I want the Tigers to resign Charlie. I thought he was great up until his injury.

But aren't they both off contract at seasons end?

851 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Happy to offer Laurie, but I want the Tigers to resign Charlie. I thought he was great up until his injury.

But aren't they both off contract at seasons end?

they are both off contract in 2024 but again like Joffa you have to offer players that other teams require or have an immediate need for. In parramatta's case they needed a middle forward immediately hence joffa deal was done. 

If Laurie and Staines can get long term deals with manly and they provide an immediate need for manly then maybe just maybe a deal can be thrashed out. 

Losing Staines as part of a deal to release fainu woykd be fine and collateral damage. Right now how bare the half stocks are we need to offer manly pretty much anyone barring bulla, tupou or Api to secure a fainu release 

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger so I’m guessing he’s not coming to tigers. As if he ever was but it’s nice to dream

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

As the halfback options continue to thin out and the club realise clune schneider and the like are the options they might relaisr no one better out there at present (if they can't land Hunt or fainu)

what I am saying is they might adjust the years e.g. Tigers offered 3 years he might take 2 years with increased salary as an example

The fact it’s in the public domain that he wants to leave than I don’t think it’s good for either party to come back to the table given the history 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 708 / 1067
Share: