Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@jedi-tiger we really need a NAS in our team. 

I'd say that enforcer player is just as important a a 7

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Interesting hearing Hynes talking about playing as a 6 for the blues because that suits his natural running game etc. as some have suggested that is perhaps where the sharks end up. Trindall 7, hynes 6 and Moylan moved on.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens I kind of agree, we have some damn  good forwards already though. 

There just is not any 7's out there what I don't want is a Connor Tracey type if we are buying a 7 then buy a 7. Sezer or a reserve grader like Hawkins or a young bloke like Sanders. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs I'd say trindall firmly in sharks plans moylan odd one out there, interesting if moylan gets injured this year as I agree they may just go with 7. trindal 6. Hynes

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@loganr21 any half these days who has play led 100 plus games would get 700k minimum Hastings is apparently on 900k at Newcastle as an example.

yeah but he hasn’t played many full games of his 190 odd now has he. Plus being overpaid for many years, he’s got to take what’s available tbf 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 overpaid for one year on a back ended deal approx 1 million,  first 2 years he wasn't overpaid. Market has changed for halves now though don't think any half with 100 plus games signs for less that 700k. Think he probably signs with the Tigers for 700k a year for 2 years tbh

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@jedi-tiger yeah but our forward pack is missing a leader. I think they'd really be unlocked if they could play behind NAS. 

You watch a team like Tonga - you can get away without a top class 7, if you play a power game, and just run off the back off that.

Think of what api & bateman could do off NAS.

In regards to halves- I'd be happy with Sezer at 7 Brooks at 6 - if we also sign 1 or 2 up and coming halves to compete - such Taafe, Hawkins etc

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@frullens that is good point re Tonga and how they play that power game.  

Look a sezer Brooks combo with a taffe or Hawkins as backup provides competition in the halves and could work ok. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Anyone see that play from Musgrove today- got stripped and Hudson Young ran 70m to score.

Imagine if that had happened while he was a WT.

Feel like dragons and WT are in some type of bizarro world dance - where they keep buying our bad players and copying our bad administrators 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I can’t see where the love for Sezer is coming from. Yes, he was very good at Canberra but his form was sliding which is probably why he was let go to the Super League.  I don’t see him as a fix for our problems. Given what halves are available I would lean towards giving and unknown a go rather than someone at the end of their career.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I can’t see where the love for Sezer is coming from. Yes, he was very good at Canberra but his form was sliding which is probably why he was let go to the Super League.  I don’t see him as a fix for our problems. Given what halves are available I would lean towards giving and unknown a go rather than someone at the end of their career.

I’d go for two unknowns in the halves that play complimentary games.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

That’s really our choices right now. Someone who is ready for retirement in a couple of years or roll the dice. We need to roll the dice on a young guy as no experienced player wants to come and end their career in this mess. 

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Benji has made a phone call to Dean Hawkins. I donk know where that sits in regards to actually getting him here, but I can promise you the call was made to see if Hawkins is happy at Souths.

I'm sure they have called a number of options, so all this does is confirm Dean as an option.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Benji has made a phone call to Dean Hawkins. I donk know where that sits in regards to actually getting him here, but I can promise you the call was made to see if Hawkins is happy at Souths.

I'm sure they have called a number of options, so all this does is confirm Dean as an option.

Im not sure if Hawkins is the answer, but its actually a pretty good opportunity for a young half like him (much prefer Trindall). Its a win/win. No one will blame them if the team continues to struggle, but if they unlock the team and we start winning they will instantly spark their career.

I dont pretend to know what Hawkins is like, but this is his third year in reggies which worries me. A 24yo will be pushing firsts if they are that standard.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Im not sure if Hawkins is the answer, but its actually a pretty good opportunity for a young half like him (much prefer Trindall). Its a win/win. No one will blame them if the team continues to struggle, but if they unlock the team and we start winning they will instantly spark their career.

I dont pretend to know what Hawkins is like, but this is his third year in reggies which worries me. A 24yo will be pushing firsts if they are that standard.

Yeh I'm not sure on Hawkins either. I remember watching him play an NRL game and I was super impressed with his kicking game, his confidence and his ability to engage the line very similar to Reynolds. However the most recent time I saw him was in reserve grade and his kicking game seemed to lack power, so that had me scratching my head.

If we get him it's best to do it now, throw him an opportunity and see if there is something to work with. He won't be a super star, but i do know he backs himself, has a bit of go and fight in him. I think he could be the good organiser we crave. He walked out of Souths training not long ago, so he is clearly desperate for an opportunity and has a personality that won't take shit.

If Trindall is a no go, then Hawkins is a much better option to experiment with then Wakeham. 

Personally I'd give Laurie a go at 6 first, but that looks unlikely to happen.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 579 / 1067
Share: