Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger5150 just an opinion on what the transfer fee would be for an international spine player and a clubs best player

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Even if the transfer fee is $3mil, the club needs to do everything it build a winning club. 

Transfer fee don't affect the cap, just the clubs bottom line. So in my view, pay the transfer fee, and bring Williams and Welsby as soon as possible

Top 8 2023

hsvjones, 851, Mike and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 just an opinion on what the transfer fee would be for an international spine player and a clubs best player

No worries mate, I was only asking because in an earlier post I thought you had tied it to his salary and I didnt understand. It could be anything and it could be $800K i guess. Would love to know if the club is pursuing it.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @frullens

Even if the transfer fee is $3mil, the club needs to do everything it build a winning club. 

Transfer fee don't affect the cap, just the clubs bottom line. So in my view, pay the transfer fee, and bring Williams and Welsby as soon as possible

This is exactly how I see it too. No point going on about how good we're going financially if we don't use it to improve on field performance.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

This is exactly how I see it too. No point going on about how good we're going financially if we don't use it to improve on field performance.

We have Brooks and a couple of others that could go the other way. I think I’m on board with Eddie - Nofa is not an NRL standard winger any longer. If I were him I’d be looking for a UK deal, get the $ and see the world.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

We have Brooks and a couple of others that could go the other way. I think I’m on board with Eddie - Nofa is not an NRL standard winger any longer. If I were him I’d be looking for a UK deal, get the $ and see the world.

I don't think Nofa has been a good winger for years. Really poor decision re-signing him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@frullens we might be going well as a club financially but probably not well enough to pay huge transfer fees. Remember the complaints by the club over Batemans 250k ? Welsby will easily be 3 times that and so would George Williams

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I wonder whether Bennet would look at Brooks for the remainder of this year given O’Sullivan is out with a peck injury. Bennet is the type of guy who could get the best out of Brooks I’d imagine.

brooks to dolphins, noffa to Melbourne and Laurie to parramatta.

wakeham and douhie to play in the halves this year as we bring in the UK spine for next year.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

851 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast The talk of transfer fees is all talk this will never happen this season ! Sheens has made his bed ,the Hastings decision was a major blunder he has put all his eggs in one basket in Brooks and anyone that has any knowledge of the game could see BROOKS was not an elite 7 years ago! It should have been Hastings at 7 and reluctantly Brooks at 6 and Doueihi who cares! The re signing of Nofoaluma is the catalyst of all that is wrong with this club … My opinion is that the CEO and Chairmen share a much to close relationship and this is clouding all important decision making ,I go as far as saying they both need to be removed from there positions as the club is now toxic and stagnated ,new blood in these positions needs to be brought on board .As far as Brydens sponsorship is concerned which is also entangled in this mess ,if removing the chairman means losing that sponsorship well and good as HARD decisions need to be made moving forward immediately . 

Tigerlily, 851, MickeyB and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Maybe if rational decision making over the last few seasons had been made non off this would be an issue  .. I am over this garbage there was no other coach that wanted the Tigers job that is crap !I could name at least 4 coaches that would have jumped at that position . We as supporters should not lower OUR expectations as the leaders of this club have !

851, Tiger5150 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs not a bad idea but I don't think Sheens sees wakeham as long term halves same as AD so not sure if he would loan Brooks out fir remainder of 2023. 

I think if they were to get a welsby or Williams in 2024 then maybe he might but at present loaning out players only assists other teams we are not exactly full of depth at present 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@frullens we might be going well as a club financially but probably not well enough to pay huge transfer fees. Remember the complaints by the club over Batemans 250k ? Welsby will easily be 3 times that and so would George Williams

What's the point of doing well financially if we can't pay transfer fees? What are we using the money on that's more important?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @snake

@avocadoontoast The talk of transfer fees is all talk this will never happen this season ! Sheens has made his bed ,the Hastings decision was a major blunder he has put all his eggs in one basket in Brooks and anyone that has any knowledge of the game could see BROOKS was not an elite 7 years ago! It should have been Hastings at 7 and reluctantly Brooks at 6 and Doueihi who cares! The re signing of Nofoaluma is the catalyst of all that is wrong with this club … My opinion is that the CEO and Chairmen share a much to close relationship and this is clouding all important decision making ,I go as far as saying they both need to be removed from there positions as the club is now toxic and stagnated ,new blood in these positions needs to be brought on board .As far as Brydens sponsorship is concerned which is also entangled in this mess ,if removing the chairman means losing that sponsorship well and good as HARD decisions need to be made moving forward immediately . 

I'm not convinced Hastings was a good long term option but I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast I don't know mate but clubs don't generally pay bucket loads on transfer fees.

I agree welsby and Williams would be great but can't see it happening

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I wonder whether Bennet would look at Brooks for the remainder of this year given O’Sullivan is out with a peck injury. Bennet is the type of guy who could get the best out of Brooks I’d imagine.

brooks to dolphins, noffa to Melbourne and Laurie to parramatta.

wakeham and douhie to play in the halves this year as we bring in the UK spine for next year.

There is no need to get rid of Brooks to another club unless we have a replacement lined up. We can go with Wakeham/Doueihi, Wakeham/Laurie but we are only one injury away from Simpkin in the halves.

ReplyQuote
Page 535 / 1067
Share: