Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigermate)
Wests Tigers Supporter

boys posted this on other forum … gary or others any insights? 

Just had dinner with my accountant whose son is in the Parra full time squad. He told me that Mitch told the boys on a night out over the weekend that he was staying at the Eels. Take that how you want.

Also though Mitch tonight put up a story on instagram that Penisi resigned … why would he do that if in two days he’s going to ditch the Eels?

Anyway hope he comes but those two things are not great signs

@THE_POM">@THE_POM … any thoughts on this? You think Thursday is turning into a thanks but no thanks face to face to be decent to sheens and benji?

This post was modified 2 years ago by tigermate

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigermate

Just had dinner with my accountant whose son is in the Parra full time squad. He told me that Mitch told the boys on a night out over the weekend that he was staying at the Eels. Take that how you want.

Also though Mitch tonight put up a story on instagram that Penisi resigned … why would he do that if in two days he’s going to ditch the Eels?

@THE_POM">@THE_POM … any thoughts on this? You think Thursday is turning into a thanks but no thanks face to face to be decent to sheens and benji?

Unfortunately That is the feeling I am getting but hope not. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Surely if he tells Team mates on Saturday night it is in the media by now?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigermate)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry today buzz did say he was very very confident he was gonna be an eel … it was posted somewhere … but yeah hopefully you’re right

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry today buzz did say he was very very confident he was gonna be an eel … it was posted somewhere … but yeah hopefully you’re right

I more mean the fact that he has told players would be in the media, that is one of the things that starts to leak usually in these situations. 

I have no idea what is going to happen, the only thing I know 100% is that he was coming into the club this week.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63, 851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Also; if Moses tells his parra teammates last weekend he was staying, why on earth is this the week that all the tigers players who are most likely to know (brooks/papi) suddenly talking about him coming this week ???? Tigers have said basically nothing publicly and then the week after he tells his mates he’s staying there are half a dozen articles from Wests Tigers press day talking about him coming? The only way that makes sense is that the club is totally incompetent 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Also; if Moses tells his parra teammates last weekend he was staying, why on earth is this the week that all the tigers players who are most likely to know (brooks/papi) suddenly talking about him coming this week ???? Tigers have said basically nothing publicly and then the week after he tells his mates he’s staying there are half a dozen articles from Wests Tigers press day talking about him coming? The only way that makes sense is that the club is totally incompetent 

Surely this can't be right.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Surely if Moses did indeed re-sign with the Eels it would be in the interest for all involved for the  club to announce it asap so their players know and can concentrate on their preseason plus appease the Parra fans.

Jedi Tiger, 851, Yanni and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

If it’s true that he is staying at parra then why meet with tigers on Thursday and why haven’t parra announced it. 
 I whould have thought they would want to shout it from the roof tops 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

One thing I might add is that historically Isaac Moses and his band of merry men have been most adept at wringing out every last drop of controversy,and potential dollars,in protracted deal breaking.I’m of the opinion that the player manager as a species,still wields too much power in the game.

As an aside I do believe that the money being touted for MMoses if true,is way,way over the odds especially on a 4 or 5 year tenure.Was a big Jackson Hastings fan,without knowing the inner workings,but I suppose what will be will be,and time will be the ultimate judge.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

This is off topic but I watched the “Ask the Boss” interview yesterday and found it interesting. First time I’ve seen Justin look so relaxed in an interview, seem to enjoy the obvious rapport he has with Brooksy. I was taken aback a little when he said he loves the club. I probably shouldn’t have been but it was said in such an offhand way it struck me as very genuine. And Brooksy not saying what his own future holds was another interesting comment.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @russtutty63

This is off topic but I watched the “Ask the Boss” interview yesterday and found it interesting. First time I’ve seen Justin look so relaxed in an interview, seem to enjoy the obvious rapport he has with Brooksy. I was taken aback a little when he said he loves the club. I probably shouldn’t have been but it was said in such an offhand way it struck me as very genuine. And Brooksy not saying what his own future holds was another interesting comment.

I think the fact Brooks was pondering the exit is a reflection of how unhappy the inner workings of the club have been in recent years.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Just to add to the rumour that Moses told his teammates that he’s sticking around ….. pretty sure Ice did the exact same thing last year . And from memory so did Stefano ! 
Maybe there’s a bullying culture in Parra that doesn’t allow for truthful conversations. Or respect and understanding of people’s decisions.  I’m almost certain there’s been other recent cases of this as well with non tigers signings. Rumours of backflips and what have you . Maybe someone or some people can’t handle rejection, so it leads people to be unwilling to have the conversation at all . 
Just food for thought … 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

I think the fact Brooks was pondering the exit is a reflection of how unhappy the inner workings of the club have been in recent years.

That and not enjoying the type of footy he was being asked to play. Seems there’ll be more free rein given now. I think Benji wasn’t too happy either with Madge’s methods. I also think the criticism does take a toll to some extent although he’s not the type to use that as an excuse. Pretty sure Benji would’ve also spoken to him about that seeing as Benji had some experience of it as well. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

That and not enjoying the type of footy he was being asked to play. Seems there’ll be more free rein given now. I think Benji wasn’t too happy either with Madge’s methods. I also think the criticism does take a toll to some extent although he’s not the type to use that as an excuse. Pretty sure Benji would’ve also spoken to him about that seeing as Benji had some experience of it as well. 

A detailed post, but nothing more than speculation on your part. Maybe I don't understand what forums such as this are for.

ReplyQuote
Page 453 / 1059
Share: