(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @helmesy

Rothfield reckons Woods is a good chance of coming home in 2023 for a final season.

Apparently a third party sponsor wants to see it happen.

I’m going to get absolutely flamed for this but I’d rather Woods than Twal.

Twal has a defence stats of 99%.something. Woods is ineffective and an outright rat. Twal everyday of the week over the fool Woods.

Twal doesn’t know how to pass and can’t break a tackle. He is the least threatening forward in the game. He’s shockingly overrated by tigers fans due to our other forwards being so hopeless. Would struggle to make another teams 17.

We’ll see. Best defensive stats in the comp and people want him gone. No wonder we are a basket case.

Doesn’t matter if you can’t break a tackle. He’s an absolute plodder.

It matters. Defence wins games. He’s not a plodder.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Rothfield reckons Woods is a good chance of coming home in 2023 for a final season.

Twal has a defence stats of 99%.something. Woods is ineffective and an outright rat. Twal everyday of the week over the fool Woods.

Twal doesn’t know how to pass and can’t break a tackle. He is the least threatening forward in the game. He’s shockingly overrated by tigers fans due to our other forwards being so hopeless. Would struggle to make another teams 17.

We’ll see. Best defensive stats in the comp and people want him gone. No wonder we are a basket case.

He’s not just a plodder, he’s the king of plodders. And I’d much rather a prop who can get us on the front foot and miss the occasional tackle than someone like Twal who never misses a tackle but cannot bend the line, ever. He’s just a pillow. Zero impact. 

I can’t recall us having a tough time re-signing him. funny that.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

He’s not just a plodder, he’s the king of plodders. And I’d much rather a prop who can get us on the front foot and miss the occasional tackle than someone like Twal who never misses a tackle but cannot bend the line, ever. He’s just a pillow. Zero impact. 

I can’t recall us having a tough time re-signing him. funny that.

Not a plodder at all. Not even close. I’ll repeat the best defensive stats in the comp, not just Wests Tigers but the entire NRL comp. You don’t bag out players that can do that. It’s rather insulting.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@mike who cares. Can’t get us on the front foot, can’t bend the line. Plodder personified.

Great defender, below average runner of the ball, incapable of passing. Plodder

18 offloads in 6 seasons. Incredible.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike who cares. Can’t get us on the front foot, can’t bend the line. Plodder personified.

I care. You need defence and Twal personifies it.  Best defensive stats in the comp. Can’t say that enough.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I care. You need defence and Twal personifies it.  Best defensive stats in the comp. Can’t say that enough.

We came last Mike. Last. And a good reason for that is due to our forward pack, which he is one of the senior members of.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

We came last Mike. Last. And a good reason for that is due to our forward pack, which he is one of the senior members of.

Best defensive stats in the comp. Twal is not the reason we came last. I repeat best defensive stats in the comp.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Best defensive stats in the comp. Twal is not the reason we came last. I repeat best defensive stats in the comp.

Madge is obviously the reason we came last but our forwards were awful. Luckily our pack is looking better for next year and hopefully we can grab klemmer and Bateman. Oh, and Woodsy 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike twal is very good in defence once we get some other forwards around him it will help. Hope we don't lose twal he would excel in a good pack

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast what about if we bring Nathan brown in with woods

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast what about if we bring Nathan brown in with woods

I’d rather Klemmer than Woods and Brown combined tbh. They’re at the stage of their career where they’re just bench players imo.

Kenny4517 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I like Twal, honest player. The issue is we’ve surrounded him with too many plodders and not enough impact.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63, hsvjones, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike twal is very good in defence once we get some other forwards around him it will help. Hope we don't lose twal he would excel in a good pack

Absolutely

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I like Twal, honest player. The issue is we’ve surrounded him with too many plodders and not enough impact.

Exactly, Twal wasn’t the issue. By how much did we get flogged when he wasn’t playing? 72-6 rings a bell. You need a mixture of player types. Twal has the best defence in the comp. Have better attacking players around him. My only on going concern with Twal are the head knocks. Hopefully the rest in the second half of 2022 sorted that out.

Russtutty63 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Madge is obviously the reason we came last but our forwards were awful. Luckily our pack is looking better for next year and hopefully we can grab klemmer and Bateman. Oh, and Woodsy 🙂

Sharon at this stage of their career would be a step backwards. Good nickname for him ‘Backwards’.

ReplyQuote
Page 308 / 1067
Share: