[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Weird if true

https://mobile.twitter.com/WestsLifePod/status/1588104077602267136

ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I hope it’s not true the club isn’t offering Hastings a New deal ….disappointing if true .

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

The westslife pod guys are normally pretty good with mail from the club 

Screenshot 20221103 214654 Chrome

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

He’s not a 7 . He’s too slow for the nrl . He would be a great ball playing lock if he bulks  up and works on his first contact in defence . 
His long kicking game is not first grade standard as well, as there’s too many rumours of him being offside with teammates. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been relayed to his management , who are now chasing nrl half money for a lock. 
Amazingly vocal , elite fight , which is hard to quantify , excellent short kicking game , and obviously elite game management . 
If we are playing the nrl version of 7seconds or less , he doesn’t fit , and neither does AD in the halves .

I rate him as a footy player , he screams Blake Green to me . Which is fine … if it’s  2015 . And Blake green was an excellent footballer . 
Also those guys have been extremely wrong with thier mail . They had Flanagan as a lay down misere for our coach , and had latrell sign ,sealed and delivered . 
Nobody’s mail is perfect , but the strike rate is not good even though Josh is a good bloke it seems . 

Skippa13 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

In all honesty their info is pretty poor, but it sounds like me being competitive when I say that.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry fair enough, I don't particularly listen to their pod, thought they had some connection with a player manager ? 

safe to say I don't think Hastings will be 7 in 23 or 24 at tigers. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

what odds 2024

Moses to Tigers

Brooks to Parramatta 

Hastings to Dogs 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’ve enjoyed watching Moses/douhie combo for Lebanon. Massive game against Australia next but douhie had some quality try assists and powerful running. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs I wouldn't mind seeing Moses and Laurie as a 7 and 6

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I don’t put much credence into the rumour of Hastings & Bateman not getting on. But I do think Hastings might be somewhat disillusioned with some of the decisions the Tigers have made this year i.e. Madge being sacked, being moved to lock when he prefers half, Gildart released (I think they were mates) and the talk of Sheens & Benji wanting Moses. He, in my opinion, is the most likely to leave especially as I think better offers will come from other clubs. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @russtutty63

I don’t put much credence into the rumour of Hastings & Bateman not getting on. But I do think Hastings might be somewhat disillusioned with some of the decisions the Tigers have made this year i.e. Madge being sacked, being moved to lock when he prefers half, Gildart released (I think they were mates) and the talk of Sheens & Benji wanting Moses. He, in my opinion, is the most likely to leave especially as I think better offers will come from other clubs. 

And he’s probably the most talented all round of the three.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I find their info to be way off the mark most of the time. In saying that, I don’t have a major issue if Hastings is not re-signed. His body can’t handle playing 13 every week and I’m not sure he’s fast enough to play 7 for Sheens style football. He might also be asking for a truckload of money.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Hastings is the best 7 at the club right now and it's not even close.

Not offering him a contract would be utterly bonkers.

With Moses very long odds to sign for us, who plays 7 in 2024 if he doesn't?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

A bit left field but Interesting hearing David riccio on radio today seem to think Hastings potentially to dolphins as an option and maybe even for 2023 and that would free up cash for Tigers to get klemmer and Frizell in for 2023. 

Makes sense if Sheens does not see Hastings as the 7 in 2024, release Hastings early and get Bateman (who apparently may play 13) along with klemmer and Frizell. 

Potential Forward pack

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Joffa

11. Papali

12. Frizell

13. Bateman

That would leave the club with 

7. Brooks

6. Douhie  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

@jedi-tiger as you know I value Brooks in our 17 but we are toast if he is our organising half. If Hastings goes we must buy a replacement

lestronge and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 301 / 940
Share: