Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy From the fox sports article 

I think he’s going,” Rothfield told Sky Racing’s Big Sports Breakfast on Monday.

“I know he’s got a year to go on his contract and I know it’s worth about $900,000 but the Newcastle Knights are absolutely desperate to sign him and they’re throwing everything at him.

Rothfield can't even get the figure correct, what is it Phil ? 900k or 1.1 million that you have been spruiking since April 2022 

FWIW the family member I know has always said to me 850k to 900k for 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @celtic_tiger
Posted by: @mike

I doubt you’ll get anyone better while Brooks is here. That’s the point.

IMO thats ridiculous. So you sack your best player in a position to attract someone better?

Best player, that’s a stretch. But even if he was, absolutely yes. After several years of failure something needs to change and it starts with Brooks. Just about the whole Rugby League community knows it.

Best player in a position. IMO best 6 in our club, IMO best kicking game, fastest running game, better (but substandard) passing game than AD.

With the greatest respect this is exactly the type of revisionism which we see annually regarding Brooks and is one of the principal reasons we are where we are at this point.

I return that respect to you CT and ask, which of our prospective 6's has a better all round kicking game? Which of the prospective 6's has the fastest running game and best defence?

Brooks has many shortcomings, he is not a great player and we have invested many years of faith into him without a payoff. Also , he remains our best option at 6 and top 2 at 7 which is telling of our club. Two things can be true at once.

Brooks long kicking game consists of ineffective midfield bombs or kicking out on the full and his short kicking game consists of hitting the first defender in the line almost every time to the point where it's absolutely infuriating to watch. Douehi at least offers a dangerous floating bomb which has yielded results occasionally. I would also argue that Jock Madden  has a better kicking game than Brooks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the fastest running game, do you mean he can run faster? If so yes Brooks can run faster but normally he runs really fast straight into a defender after stepping in on the inside. In terms of an actual effective running game Douehi is miles better and has actually won games for us off the back of his running game, i.e. Brisbane last year at Suncorp. 

As far as defence is concerned Brooks misses more tackles than anyone else in the halves. This is a simple fact regardless of anyone's perception. 

There is a strange phenomenon concerning Brooks where he seems to get better the longer he is out the team but the reality is he's a poor player and if we are serious about being successful we have to move on from him and stop pretending Brooks is something he is clearly not.  

No worries, I wouldnt argue strongly against anything you said. I didnt say that Luke Brooks was good, but I also notice you didnt answer these questions. Which prospective 6 (who is still at the club) has a better all round kicking game? Which prospective 6 is a better defender than Brooks?

He is not playing well, and is still our best option at 6. Thats kinda the whole point. Replace him with better and I'll pack his bags.

Sorry, I maybe should have been clearer.

AD has a better all round kicking game than Brooks as well as a far superior running game and is also statistically a better defender notwithstanding two horrendous displays towards the end of the year.

hsvjones and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger_alex doubt we will get Nannai probably 700k

Absolutely its unlikely, but if you're going to have a crack at a young forward that has all the attributes throw everything at him I reckon.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger_alex I would agree

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 Douhie's defence was not great again against NZ he doesn't seem to put his body on the line.

We as supporters can try and forget the poor defensive game against the Roosters but I'm sure the other coaches have not. Attacking wise it was a good 40/20 and a good pass to set up a try against NZ. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I doubt you’ll get anyone better while Brooks is here. That’s the point.

IMO thats ridiculous. So you sack your best player in a position to attract someone better?

Best player, that’s a stretch. But even if he was, absolutely yes. After several years of failure something needs to change and it starts with Brooks. Just about the whole Rugby League community knows it.

Best player in a position. IMO best 6 in our club, IMO best kicking game, fastest running game, better (but substandard) passing game than AD.

With the greatest respect this is exactly the type of revisionism which we see annually regarding Brooks and is one of the principal reasons we are where we are at this point.

I return that respect to you CT and ask, which of our prospective 6's has a better all round kicking game? Which of the prospective 6's has the fastest running game and best defence?

Brooks has many shortcomings, he is not a great player and we have invested many years of faith into him without a payoff. Also , he remains our best option at 6 and top 2 at 7 which is telling of our club. Two things can be true at once.

Brooks long kicking game consists of ineffective midfield bombs or kicking out on the full and his short kicking game consists of hitting the first defender in the line almost every time to the point where it's absolutely infuriating to watch. Douehi at least offers a dangerous floating bomb which has yielded results occasionally. I would also argue that Jock Madden  has a better kicking game than Brooks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the fastest running game, do you mean he can run faster? If so yes Brooks can run faster but normally he runs really fast straight into a defender after stepping in on the inside. In terms of an actual effective running game Douehi is miles better and has actually won games for us off the back of his running game, i.e. Brisbane last year at Suncorp. 

As far as defence is concerned Brooks misses more tackles than anyone else in the halves. This is a simple fact regardless of anyone's perception. 

There is a strange phenomenon concerning Brooks where he seems to get better the longer he is out the team but the reality is he's a poor player and if we are serious about being successful we have to move on from him and stop pretending Brooks is something he is clearly not.  

No worries, I wouldnt argue strongly against anything you said. I didnt say that Luke Brooks was good, but I also notice you didnt answer these questions. Which prospective 6 (who is still at the club) has a better all round kicking game? Which prospective 6 is a better defender than Brooks?

He is not playing well, and is still our best option at 6. Thats kinda the whole point. Replace him with better and I'll pack his bags.

Sorry, I maybe should have been clearer.

AD has a better all round kicking game than Brooks as well as a far superior running game and is also statistically a better defender notwithstanding two horrendous displays towards the end of the year.

Celtic,I’ve resisted weighing in on the Brooks/Douehi issue and I’ll happily concede to you on Brooks’s inconsistent kicking game .I do think his confidence and temperament have taken a bit of a battering which has in turn affected his general decision making and that is definitely a negative for a top line 6 or 7.In terms of your implication that he’s a poor defender,I really think you’re stretching it there.He may have missed tackles as most smaller players do,but until the time he was injured he possessed the best overall tackling averages for halves in the NRL.I think a bit of context has to be applied here for objectivity’s sake.Maybe his time has elapsed at the WTs,time will tell,but Luke Brooks is still a courageous and technically proficient defender.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Musgrove released immediately per WT.

woohoooo!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Zane Musgrove gone to Dragons they have released Burgess

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Musgrove released immediately per WT.

woohoooo!

Well this is exciting…who have we got coming in I wonder.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike who is there for 2023 

2024 I understand Moses or someone else for sure but 2023 the cupboard is pretty bare 

I would think if you throw the net wide enough you could find a better half who would be available. Not just talking about the NRL. I’d be keeping a close eye on the World Cup players/halves.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike I don't mind George Williams but not sure if he would want to come back to nrl, if he played 7 you could play douhie at 6

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigerlily Klemmer you would think

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

or Bateman with Gildart to Wigan 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I think that is a sign we have Klemmer.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good result re: Musgrove, depending on the $$. He's been pretty poor in his time with us, bar a couple of good moments. 

If we can use the $$ on Klemmer and/or Leniu then it's a huge upgrade. 

I would imagine we should hear news on a replacement pretty soon. 

ReplyQuote
Page 257 / 1067
Share: