Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

From the Pom's post yesterday I feel like the likely scenario is Brooks will be re-signed, Hastings will move on at the end of '23 (to play 7 at a rival club) and AD will probably leave if he gets a good offer elsewhere.

I can actually imagine a scenario where losing Hastings and AD is a good thing. Yes they are two of the best players we have, but they are not elite in their positions and I'm not sure they are the ones that are going to take us to the top again let alone the top 8. For us to truly change our destiny i think we need to think bigger.

Of course I can also imagine a scenario where we lose AD & Hastings and replace them with Jacob Arthur and Jack Cogger...so there is also that.

This is my cynical but real fear. We wait and wait and wait hand end up with not much. I want to see us build, not replace. 
I will bide my time and not be judgemental as yet but I am really worried that we are beyond repair in the short to mid term; that our name is so tarnished that we will struggle to retain let alone recruit.

I so hope I’m wrong

Frullens, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigersteve
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

From the Pom's post yesterday I feel like the likely scenario is Brooks will be re-signed, Hastings will move on at the end of '23 (to play 7 at a rival club) and AD will probably leave if he gets a good offer elsewhere.

I can actually imagine a scenario where losing Hastings and AD is a good thing. Yes they are two of the best players we have, but they are not elite in their positions and I'm not sure they are the ones that are going to take us to the top again let alone the top 8. For us to truly change our destiny i think we need to think bigger.

Of course I can also imagine a scenario where we lose AD & Hastings and replace them with Jacob Arthur and Jack Cogger...so there is also that.

This is my cynical but real fear. We wait and wait and wait hand end up with not much. I want to see us build, not replace. 
I will bide my time and not be judgemental as yet but I am really worried that we are beyond repair in the short to mid term; that our name is so tarnished that we will struggle to retain let alone recruit.

I so hope I’m wrong

I don't think you are wrong Steve.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I really like Campbell Graham as a Centre. One can dream… 

GCfan and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mike

I really like Campbell Graham as a Centre. One can dream… 

So do I, he's a gun. Would love him in our team.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gcfan)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@mike I blame him. He made a commitment. It’s not like we were a consistent top 4 side when he signed with us and we’ve all of a sudden gone down hill. We were crap when he signed and are marginally worse now. Man up and follow through with what you agreed to do and work your back side off to be part of the group to turn this around. There’s your challenge Paps.

LoganR21, Salty, Tigerlily and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @gcfan

@mike I blame him. He made a commitment. It’s not like we were a consistent top 4 side when he signed with us and we’ve all of a sudden gone down hill. We were crap when he signed and are marginally worse now. Man up and follow through with what you agreed to do and work your back side off to be part of the group to turn this around. There’s your challenge Paps.

I couldn’t agree more. Imagine what it could be like to be involved in the Wests Tigers team that next makes the finals. There’s a big opportunity here if you bring the right attitude and work hard.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @gcfan

He made a commitment before we tanked a season and possibly two.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@tigersteve 

Just signed up so my first post on this forum.

As far as next few years ….. for me …. progressive improvement is all that I’m looking forward to.

Lets face it we can’t get any lower.

We really need another one or two solid first graders on board to complement Appi-Pappi 2023 tag team addition.

I know what the Pom’s latest update showed but assuming Stains Peach swap goes ahead and we have as undecided and probably / possibly elsewhere in Gildard, Simpkin, Simpkins and Brown. Then that leaves us with 23 spots taken.
Brooks and Musgrove we assume with us but that can change.
So all in all I believe there are still lots of deck chairs to be moved around before Sheens and co. are satisfied we have what we want for 29 out of 30 settled before next season kickoff.
Next month and a half will tell us a lot as to what out top 17 will look like for 2023.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

@tigersteve 

As far as next few years ….. for me …. progressive improvement is all that I’m looking forward to.

We really need another one or two solid first graders on board to complement Appi-Pappi 2023 tag team addition.

I know what the Pom’s latest update showed but assuming Stains Peach swap goes ahead and we have as undecided and probably / possibly elsewhere in Gildard, Simpkin, Simpkins and Brown. Then that leaves us with 23 spots taken.
So all in all I believe there are still lots of deck chairs to be moved around before Sheens and co. are satisfied we have what we want for 29 out of 30 settled before next season kickoff.
Next month and a half will tell us a lot as to what out top 17 will look like for 2023.

Welcome to the forum. I agree, I think we’re going to see more roster changes over the next few weeks.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tigersteve 

Welcome to the forum mate

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tigersteve 

Welcome to the forum, interesting times ahead.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Nu Brown is a bulldog.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

talks are the Nu Brown is going to Bulldogs?? 

How can they have any room left lol

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Nu Brown is a bulldog.

Official??

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

If Nu Brown leaving is accurate I assume we mustn't have made an offer. Would be pretty embarrassing if we can't hang on to our second stringers.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 212 / 939
Share: