Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy thanks

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

So if Talau is re-signed and Staines Peachey swap goes ahead then we have 27 plus Nu Brown and Brandon Tumeth that's 29 out of 30 spots filled in 2023. That leaves one spot if we don't release anyone although you'd assume Gildart would be released although no announcement yet. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @boonboon

So if Talau is re-signed and Staines Peachey swap goes ahead then we have 27 plus Nu Brown and Brandon Tumeth that's 29 out of 30 spots filled in 2023. That leaves one spot if we don't release anyone although you'd assume Gildart would be released although no announcement yet. 

I believe that is accurate.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Tumeth has finally signed a 3 year contract

I like this. He is a young talent that would have had other options in front of him. Another endorsement of the Sheens/Benji direction?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

Terrifying thought that this is the squad we are going forward with

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Thanks to The Pom for the update.  I was hoping for news linking us to some hard running second rowers and props. 

Nu Brown is not a big loss if he goes. From the last few games I see his only position as being hooker and we have a few of those.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Thanks to The Pom for the update.  I was hoping for news linking us to some hard running second rowers and props. 

Nu Brown is not a big loss if he goes. From the last few games I see his only position as being hooker and we have a few of those.

I tend to agree, he seems a good guy but not sure he’s what we need when compared to some of our weaknesses.

super coach reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

Pom’s update has not got me jumping up and down. Hopefully there is a heap more happening on the quite behind the scenes. Because with only API and maybe Papi in the quality basket, things look bleak. On top of that our much hyped pathway system, seems to have a few players taking the exit

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Agreed, he has good utility value with a better than passable game at 9. IMO as a back up hooker Simpkins is better and I actually rate young Rua as a 9 and utility.

Nu Brown has value, but depends on the $$$ and I wouldnt throw too much at him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Terrifying thought that this is the squad we are going forward with

I didn’t know this was the case. I feel sick

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

The Newcastle Knights are still interested in luring Luke Brooks away from the Tigers after meeting with his management.

The Daily Telegraph’s Michael Carayannis revealed on NRL 360 that the Knights are not giving up on their prime No.7 target.

The development comes as the Tigers confirmed their interest in Cameron Munster, which has put the future of Tigers’ No.6 Adam Doueihi up in the air.

“Where does it leave Luke Brooks?” Braith Anasta asked on NRL 360.

“With a migraine,” Paul Kent said.

“Poor old Luke Brooks he is a weekly event in the news cycle.”

Carayannis revealed the Tigers are keen to keep Brooks, but that hasn’t stopped the Knights trying to lure the long-time Concord No.7.

Please, please take him. Pay him overs whatever, just get him out of here.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mike

The Newcastle Knights are still interested in luring Luke Brooks away from the Tigers after meeting with his management.

The Daily Telegraph’s Michael Carayannis revealed on NRL 360 that the Knights are not giving up on their prime No.7 target.

The development comes as the Tigers confirmed their interest in Cameron Munster, which has put the future of Tigers’ No.6 Adam Doueihi up in the air.

Carayannis revealed the Tigers are keen to keep Brooks, but that hasn’t stopped the Knights trying to lure the long-time Concord No.7.

I agree, just get it done. Give Laurie a go at 6 and play Hastings at 7.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Just got to make sure Hastings re-signs, if so I’m happy for Luke to move on.

LoganR21 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Just got to make sure Hastings re-signs, if so I’m happy for Luke to move on.

Brooks needs a change if scenery if he wants to play his best football. He is a good footballer and one of our best but he just can’t go to that next level here for some reason.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

There’s just too much history I reckon for Brooks to go to the next level, either that or he has peaked and just isn’t the player some believe he is.

Kenny4517 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 210 / 941
Share: