@avocadoontoast lol cmon he is not that bad 

would be happy with 7 Moses 6 Brooks

or

7 Brooks 6 Dylan brown 

with hastings at 13

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mike to be fair to him the only good coach the bloke has had has been Ivan cleary 

Madge was hopeless with his selections and J Taylor disgraceful remember speaking to Brooks old man during the Taylor years and both he and Moses used to get screamed at if they made an error or didn't put up the bomb. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if Newcastle don't get Brooks they have no halves they will finish last they are trying to move on Clunes and Clifford.

No way the club releases Brooks from 2023

Gut feel is douhie will head to storm to replace Munster who will go to dolphins. 

Think we will end up with either Dylan brown or Mitchell Moses to partner brooks in the halves for 2024 and Hastings at 13

I'd sign up for that today. Add a couple of good forwards (at least a strong middle) and we are competitive.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Barry Toohey is the Newcastle mouthpiece and has been pushing Brooks for a very long time

Sure, but on that podcast, the words come from Adam O'Briens mouth, not Toohey.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike to be fair to him the only good coach the bloke has had has been Ivan cleary 

Madge was hopeless with his selections and J Taylor disgraceful remember speaking to Brooks old man during the Taylor years and both he and Moses used to get screamed at if they made an error or didn't put up the bomb. 

The problem with the club is attitude and it stinks. This is the culture that needs changing. The new coaching crew won’t get rid of it they’ll encourage it. As a club we are in a lot of trouble moving forward.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast lol cmon he is not that bad 

would be happy with 7 Moses 6 Brooks

or

7 Brooks 6 Dylan brown 

with hastings at 13

As harsh as it may sound, to create a winning culture you need winners. He’s never had a winning season. Additionally, I think his form over the past few years has been atrocious and it would be in his and the clubs best interest to part company.

Robbierat1 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

The problem with the club is attitude and it stinks. This is the culture that needs changing.

I agree with this bit 100%

The new coaching crew won’t get rid of it they’ll encourage it.

Genuine question....why? What are you basing this on and what makes you say they will encourage it?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

The problem with the club is attitude and it stinks. This is the culture that needs changing.

Genuine question....why? What are you basing this on and what makes you say they will encourage it?

Because when they were here before they perpetrated it.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

At the very death of Sheens 1.0 there was a unhealthy culture and attitude in the club, but 2004-2010 there wasnt, it was a good culture and players were developed in that juniors came through and improved whilst in first grade. Even Fitzy for gods sake. I'd take that right now.

I agree that the culture left when Sheens was sacked seemed unhealthy, with a bit of a boys club smell to it, but even that is miles ahead of the lazy, failure drenched stink of the place right now.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Tumeth has finally signed a 3 year contract

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

At the very death of Sheens 1.0 there was a unhealthy culture and attitude in the club, but 2004-2010 there wasnt, it was a good culture and players were developed in that juniors came through and improved whilst in first grade. Even Fitzy for gods sake. I'd take that right now.

I agree that the culture left when Sheens was sacked seemed unhealthy, with a bit of a boys club smell to it, but even that is miles ahead of the lazy, failure drenched stink of the place right now.

if we can get back to anywhere near the culture we had 2004-2010 it will be a huge win imo. I think the culture was bad under Taylor, got better under Ivan and got progressively worse under Maguire until they gave him the boot.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

if we can get back to anywhere near the culture we had 2004-2010 it will be a huge win imo. I think the culture was bad under Taylor, got better under Ivan and got progressively worse under Maguire until they gave him the boot.

Disagree with the culture under Maguire. First time in a decade that we were trying to address the situation and weed out the perpetrators. He got sacked for it, they just waited him out. Now we have gone back 10 years. It will be at least another 10 years before anyone tries to fix it again.

Enumerator reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Disagree with the culture under Maguire. First time in a decade that we were trying to address the situation and weed out the perpetrators. He got sacked for it, they just waited him out. Now we have gone back 10 years. It will be at least another 10 years before anyone tries to fix it again.

Madge had a crack and I genuinely believe his heart was it in. IMO Taylor and Cleary put us back 15 years

Enumerator reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Tumeth has finally signed a 3 year contract

That’s good news, hopefully he sees first grade in 23.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Announced by his brother 😆

ADEA8DD3 45D1 41A2 9195 E9B9DA62E135

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 207 / 1067
Share: