Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger Doueihi has been very poor for the last two games but was playing well before that and showed he can be an attacking weapon.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we need the dragons to beat Titans by 85 points today to give us some hope of avoiding the spoon 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Some of these comments by Gildart are absolutely brutal. I think he sucks as a player but my god some of those quotes are damning. To use a baseball comparison we're like a minor league team trying to compete in the majors. The COE is fine and new coaching is good, but I think it might be too late. As a club we might have run our race I reckon. IMO we've made too many mistakes over a long period of time to even be considered a legitimate NRL team.

The Tigers are under fire for Saturday’s 72-6 loss to the Roosters. And now three players who started the season as Tigers – Gildart (Roosters), Luciano Leilua (Cowboys) and David Nofoaluma (Storm) – are preparing to play in the finals for rival clubs. While Nofoaluma says he “fell in love’’ with rugby league after his loan move to the Storm and Leilua believes he was “flicked’’ because of his relationship with ex-coach Michael Maguire, Gildart’s comments about his move should worry Tigers fans.

“One million per cent, I absolutely love it out here,” Gildart told The Daily Telegraph when asked about switching to the Tricolours next year.

“The standard is really high here and it’s only going to develop me as a player and I feel like I’m settling in a little bit.

“I’m still contracted to the Tigers for next season but I’m not sure how things will work out.

“I have made some great bonds there and it’s hard to not want to go back and give everything with those lads as well and I want to see them succeed.”

Maguire plucked Gildart from Super League club Wigan but the centre’s fall coincided with that of his former coach.

Gildart was languishing in the NSW Cup and felt like the Tigers coaching staff had left him “in the lurch”.

“I was starting week in week out when Madge was there and then I strained my calf before Magic Round and had a few weeks out and by the time I came back Madge was sacked,” Gildart said.

“I didn’t get a look in after that, which was disappointing for me personally.

“There were no real conversations had, I was kind of left in the lurch and didn’t know what was going on. So it was ideal to come out here and get a fresh start here.”

Even new teammate Joey Manu, who has played against Gildart at international level and in a World Club Challenge, was surprised the Englishman was shunted to reserve grade.

“I am surprised actually,” Manu said.

“I have played against him in England, I know how good he is, his attacking ability and we saw that on Saturday with his silky hands. He’s sharp on his feet, can move, he’s quick and always in video trying to get better.”

Gildart has gone from the Tigers, who are likely to claim the wooden spoon, to a club that is contending for the title, and the differences on and off the field have been eye-opening.

“I think since I’ve come to the Roosters, I feel like I’ve arrived in an NRL side now. I feel like my journey started since I got here,” Gildart said fresh off helping the Roosters demolish the Tigers 72-6 on Saturday night.

“There are some great lads at the Tigers, don’t get me wrong, but there are more senior players and more leaders at the Roosters. I’ve been listening to what they’ve been saying and I feel like that’s really improving me as a player.

“I wanted to see what it’s like to compete week in, week out with a team at the top of the NRL.

“I’ve learnt what it takes in terms of training and the intensity and all the small details. I’ve only been here a short time but I feel like I’ve learnt a lot. I can’t really ask for much more.”

The 26-year-old received his Roosters jersey from coach Trent Robinson just days after he demanded selection with five tries for the Bears.

The Test representative is still coming to terms with the move which few saw coming but is grateful for Robinson’s intimate knowledge of the Super League, where the premiership winning coach spent time at the Catalans Dragons.

“It’s a big confidence boost to be noticed by Robbo. I think it helped that he coached in the Super League, so I think he has seen more of my game than most NRL coaches and he was willing to give me that chance and I’ll be forever grateful for that,” Gildart said.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Some of these comments by Gildart are absolutely brutal. I think he sucks as a player but my god some of those quotes are damning. To use a baseball comparison we're like a minor league team trying to compete in the majors. The COE is fine and new coaching is good, but I think it might be too late. As a club we might have run our race I reckon. IMO we've made too many mistakes over a long period of time to even be considered a legitimate NRL team.

The Tigers are under fire for Saturday’s 72-6 loss to the Roosters. And now three players who started the season as Tigers – Gildart (Roosters), Luciano Leilua (Cowboys) and David Nofoaluma (Storm) – are preparing to play in the finals for rival clubs. While Nofoaluma says he “fell in love’’ with rugby league after his loan move to the Storm and Leilua believes he was “flicked’’ because of his relationship with ex-coach Michael Maguire, Gildart’s comments about his move should worry Tigers fans.

“One million per cent, I absolutely love it out here,” Gildart told The Daily Telegraph when asked about switching to the Tricolours next year.

“The standard is really high here and it’s only going to develop me as a player and I feel like I’m settling in a little bit.

“I’m still contracted to the Tigers for next season but I’m not sure how things will work out.

“I have made some great bonds there and it’s hard to not want to go back and give everything with those lads as well and I want to see them succeed.”

Maguire plucked Gildart from Super League club Wigan but the centre’s fall coincided with that of his former coach.

Gildart was languishing in the NSW Cup and felt like the Tigers coaching staff had left him “in the lurch”.

“I was starting week in week out when Madge was there and then I strained my calf before Magic Round and had a few weeks out and by the time I came back Madge was sacked,” Gildart said.

“There were no real conversations had, I was kind of left in the lurch and didn’t know what was going on. So it was ideal to come out here and get a fresh start here.”

Even new teammate Joey Manu, who has played against Gildart at international level and in a World Club Challenge, was surprised the Englishman was shunted to reserve grade.

“I have played against him in England, I know how good he is, his attacking ability and we saw that on Saturday with his silky hands. He’s sharp on his feet, can move, he’s quick and always in video trying to get better.”

Gildart has gone from the Tigers, who are likely to claim the wooden spoon, to a club that is contending for the title, and the differences on and off the field have been eye-opening.

“I think since I’ve come to the Roosters, I feel like I’ve arrived in an NRL side now. I feel like my journey started since I got here,” Gildart said fresh off helping the Roosters demolish the Tigers 72-6 on Saturday night.

“There are some great lads at the Tigers, don’t get me wrong, but there are more senior players and more leaders at the Roosters. I’ve been listening to what they’ve been saying and I feel like that’s really improving me as a player.

“I wanted to see what it’s like to compete week in, week out with a team at the top of the NRL.

“I’ve learnt what it takes in terms of training and the intensity and all the small details. I’ve only been here a short time but I feel like I’ve learnt a lot. I can’t really ask for much more.”

The 26-year-old received his Roosters jersey from coach Trent Robinson just days after he demanded selection with five tries for the Bears.

The Test representative is still coming to terms with the move which few saw coming but is grateful for Robinson’s intimate knowledge of the Super League, where the premiership winning coach spent time at the Catalans Dragons.

“It’s a big confidence boost to be noticed by Robbo. I think it helped that he coached in the Super League, so I think he has seen more of my game than most NRL coaches and he was willing to give me that chance and I’ll be forever grateful for that,” Gildart said.

You can’t come back here after saying those things.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

He doesn't want to come back. Would you?

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Well we have officially become the laughing stock of the NRL.

Thanks to Teflon Tim and Mr no accountability Justin Pascoe.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Even if it’s the truth?

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

A not so veiled swipe at the club from Gildart.

He may be contracted to us next year, but those are bridge burning comments. I hope the club is learning a hard lesson here from loaning players, particularly those with a some sort of beef. The club may saved some money, but is it worth the reputational damage.

If I’m the Wests Tigers I would also be annoyed with the Roosters and Storm for allowing our players to make comments like this to the media, have some grace. I don’t think we’ll see loans again.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It’s probably grounds for dismissal. More cap space for next year 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

It’s probably grounds for dismissal. More cap space for next year 

It would be more of a punishment to make him see out his contract.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Poor form by Gildart saying those things, hope he does a deal and Roosters can take all his contract see ya oliver

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Poor form by Gildart saying those things, hope he does a deal and Roosters can take all his contract see ya oliver

Absolutely, but sadly he's right. Nothing he said was untrue. Comparing us to a club like the Roosters is chalk and cheese.

Without doubt this is the low point for the club in it's history.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Rumour is Jake Simpkin is on the verge of signing with Bulldogs to be backup to Rheed Mahoney. 

Shame if we lose him he looks ok , but maybe that means we stick with Rua and Brown 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast do we want gildart back ?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I say good on him for telling it like it is. The truth hurts. 

BrooksCoin and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 184 / 942
Share: