Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @declan

@tiger5150 I think it’s important to remember that this was AD’s first full game back from an ACL at 6 and he already looked the most threatening with the ball. I’m sure his passing will get better over time. I would be far more worried about Brooks form from that game tbh. 

If his passing got better and he added a kicking game, he would be a decent option at 6. Last week was his fifteenth game at 6. Need to start to see that development. Decisions will need to be made pretty soon.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Knights are back after Brooks apparently.

https://www.zerotackle.com/newcastle-knights-circle-unwanted-tigers-star-120535/amp/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Knights are after Doueihi apparently.

https://www.zerotackle.com/newcastle-knights-circle-unwanted-tigers-star-120535/amp/

Doesn’t the article say brooks?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
Posted by: @helmesy

Knights are after Doueihi apparently.

Doesn’t the article say brooks?

Oops, amended

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @celtic_tiger

AD says his best position is 6.

AD's team mates say his best position is 6, including Luke Brooks.

The club have told AD that he has a long term future playing in the halves at the club.

AD was best on field against the Panthers playing at 6 and our main attacking weapon.

I'm really not sure what people aren't getting here.

Saying it doesn't make it so

See above - they don't want to contradict him

They shouldn't - nobody should be guaranteed a spot especially when they're not proven

He wasn't - he had a shocking first half

I'm not getting why the club is letting AD dictate everything about the team when he failed in the position he was signed for.  

It seems we've learned nothing about letting the players running the club.

Looking at the narrative doesn't make it so either... from the outside, things are never quite like they seem.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Our halves were poor for the thousandth time last week. AD had a good game .....for a centre. He didnt play well as a 5/8. His passing and distribution was poor, in fact it was woeful. How many times he received the ball 2-3m behind the ad line and simply turned and dumped the ball to a flat footed forward behind him who then started to jog from 4m behind the line, completely stunting the attack. AD is a good runner, has a decent bomb when he can control it. He has shown no skills of a 5/8 for me other than this.

He is a good player. Probably one of the few "must keeps" in the roster. Not a good half/5/8.

Nooo! Don't tell him that, he was wearing the #6!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Knights and Brooks,recycled chestnut.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If the Knights are still keen on Brooks then let him go, even if we have to pay a large chunk. It was an enormous mistake not letting him go in the preseason when he wanted to. We might not get the opportunity again.

Mac_Tiger, Mike and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @barra

Nooo! Don't tell him that, he was wearing the #6!

Despite his shirt he didn't play as a 6, we had him playing wider. His second half was good, first was bad.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

For all who are convinced AD is a 6, seriously ask yourself how many teams would sign him to replace their current 6? Here's this week's five eighths:

Cody Walker, Cameron Munster, Jerome Luai, Matt Moylan, Jack Wighton, Daejan Asi, Dylan Brown, Ezra Mam, Keiran Foran, Talatau Amone, Anthony Milford, Luke Keary, Matt Burton, Tanah Boyd, Tom Deardon

I would have any of them before AD at 6. Do we really want the 16th best 6? If we maintain the attitude of settling for 16th rank players, we're going to keep finishing 16th.

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

For all who are convinced AD is a 6, seriously ask yourself how many teams would sign him to replace their current 6? Here's this week's five eighths:

Cody Walker, Cameron Munster, Jerome Luai, Matt Moylan, Jack Wighton, Daejan Asi, Dylan Brown, Ezra Mam, Keiran Foran, Talatau Amone, Anthony Milford, Luke Keary, Matt Burton, Tanah Boyd, Tom Deardon

I would have any of them before AD at 6. Do we really want the 16th best 6? If we maintain the attitude of settling for 16th rank players, we're going to keep finishing 16th.

Good point. I'd argue about Boyd, Deardon & Milford but its splitting hairs.

Im not yet convinced AD is a 6 but to make the argument of some here....dont worry about all those names you've listed, is he better than Brooks?

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@voice_of_reason I would take Doueihi over Moylan, Asi, Foran, Milford, Boyd, keary and Deardon plus there’s still a lot of room to grow because he’s still young. To say he’s the 16th worst 6 in the comp is very harsh. There’s a reason why the storm asked him him when Paps went down. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Declan McCutcheon

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If we are playing under the cap as it seems to be reported we do each year, then as long as Brooks is not taking up a roster spot (which we know we have plenty of) then I see no reason to let him go and pay any of his wage. If he isn't in the plans then we can have him fill in where needed and be a back up.

Jedi Tiger, Mike and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@voice_of_reason I would take Doueihi over Moylan, Asi, Foran, Milford, Boyd, keary and Deardon plus there’s still a lot of room to grow because he’s still young. To say he’s the 16th worst 6 in the comp is very harsh. There’s a reason why the storm asked him him when Paps went down. 

I Agree,it seems somewhat harsh to rate him as such at 16th.AD’s a big body who’ll get fitter over the coming weeks and at least needs a little time to settle in to developing combinations around him,nor is he your classic,conventional 6 anyway.After returning from major injury for all but a game,it’s too premature to judge him.He deserves a stint in the role at the very least I believe,and he’s getting no favours from our compromised pack sans Stefano,Twally and others.

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Wow

ReplyQuote
Page 149 / 1067
Share: