Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@helmesy ironically I think that Staines had the best came of his career against the tigers last week 😂

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

AD says his best position is 6.

AD's team mates say his best position is 6, including Luke Brooks.

The club have told AD that he has a long term future playing in the halves at the club.

AD was best on field against the Panthers playing at 6 and our main attacking weapon.

I'm really not sure what people aren't getting here.

Saying it doesn't make it so

See above - they don't want to contradict him

They shouldn't - nobody should be guaranteed a spot especially when they're not proven

He wasn't - he had a shocking first half

I'm not getting why the club is letting AD dictate everything about the team when he failed in the position he was signed for.  

It seems we've learned nothing about letting the players running the club.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @declan

ironically I think that Staines had the best came of his career against the tigers last week 😂

His best game was against us last year when he scored 3 or 4 tries. He's now played two good games in total.

We already have one Panthers' fullback reject, why would we want another? We need to aim higher.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @declan

ironically I think that Staines had the best came of his career against the tigers last week 😂

His best game was against us last year when he scored 3 or 4 tries. He's now played two good games in total.

We already have one Panthers' fullback reject, why would we want another? We need to aim higher.

I agree we should aim higher. We have plenty of players that are close but not good enough. Probably a slight upgrade to Laurie but not revolutionarily so.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I’m encouraged that we’re trying to get Moses.

6. AD

7. Moses

9. Api

Get rid of Brooks and Hastings and go all in for a new fullback and we are cooking.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

The club have told AD that he has a long term future playing in the halves at the club.

AD was best on field against the Panthers playing at 6 and our main attacking weapon.

Saying it doesn't make it so

See above - they don't want to contradict him

They shouldn't - nobody should be guaranteed a spot especially when they're not proven

He wasn't - he had a shocking first half

I'm not getting why the club is letting AD dictate everything about the team when he failed in the position he was signed for.  

It seems we've learned nothing about letting the players running the club.

Saying it pretty much does make it so when the player, his team mates and the club are all in agreement. You might disagree but there's a pretty high chance that you're wrong.

You're also in a very small minority of people who didn't believe AD was our best player on the weekend, our middle forwards were monstered in the first half which caused issues with the whole team but even then AD looked most likely to do something positive in attack. 

It's also fairly ironic that you mention players dictating everything about the team when the entire team has been reshaped leaving us a middle forward short to accommodate Luke Brooks in the team who has failed at 7 and 6.

It was even suggested above that both Hastings and Douehi should be shown the door if we were to sign Mitchel Moses, all to accommodate keeping Luke Brooks in the team which is a frankly laughable suggestion.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Our halves were poor for the thousandth time last week. AD had a good game .....for a centre. He didnt play well as a 5/8. His passing and distribution was poor, in fact it was woeful. How many times he received the ball 2-3m behind the ad line and simply turned and dumped the ball to a flat footed forward behind him who then started to jog from 4m behind the line, completely stunting the attack. AD is a good runner, has a decent bomb when he can control it. He has shown no skills of a 5/8 for me other than this.

He is a good player. Probably one of the few "must keeps" in the roster. Not a good half/5/8.

ReplyQuote
(@declan)

@tiger5150 I think it’s important to remember that this was AD’s first full game back from an ACL at 6 and he already looked the most threatening with the ball. I’m sure his passing will get better over time. I would be far more worried about Brooks form from that game tbh. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Sheens has covid so no meeting today with Gus also not coaching Sunday. 

Benji might get his chance sunday

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Sheens has covid so no meeting today with Gus also not coaching Sunday. 

Benji might get his chance sunday

The meeting with Gus was to discuss Royce Simmons and I don't think he was actually coaching this weekend anyway.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry so it woukd have been Cayless or Gardiner this weekend 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry so it woukd have been Cayless or Gardiner this weekend 

I believe so, yes

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Our halves were poor for the thousandth time last week. AD had a good game .....for a centre. He didnt play well as a 5/8. His passing and distribution was poor, in fact it was woeful. How many times he received the ball 2-3m behind the ad line and simply turned and dumped the ball to a flat footed forward behind him who then started to jog from 4m behind the line, completely stunting the attack. AD is a good runner, has a decent bomb when he can control it. He has shown no skills of a 5/8 for me other than this.

He is a good player. Probably one of the few "must keeps" in the roster. Not a good half/5/8.

So your prepared to say AD is not a 5/8th after one full game in that position this season and a portion of the season last year and yet you would still have Luke Brooks in your side at 6 if we sign Mitchell Moses.

Interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger5150

So your prepared to say AD is not a 5/8th after one full game in that position this season and a portion of the season last year and yet you would still have Luke Brooks in your side at 6 if we sign Mitchell Moses.

Interesting.

I didnt say he is not a 5/8, I said he has never shown the skills required of a 5/8. If you want 5/8 to catch and run hard, maybe he is a 5/8. I expect a 5/8 to have a good passing game, good kicking game (long and short) and to be able to set up outside backs. Adam Doueihi IMO has never shown those skills in his FIFTEEN games at 5/8 for the Wests Tigers.

Brooks has a lot wrong in his game at the moment (has played better in the past, thats another issue that needs fixing) but he has in his 180odd games shown that he does have those skills (although cant use them consistently lately). In the skills that Im referring to Brooks is the best 6 in the club which is a sad indictment of the club. Personally I think a Moses/Brooks combination would be exciting, especially with AD outside one of them.

ReplyQuote
(@declan)

@tiger5150 Interesting to note that Doueihi had more try-assists than Brooks last year with 17 compared to 8 

ReplyQuote
Page 148 / 1067
Share: