[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@garry I would prefer him taking up a roster spot in 26 than us running out the forward pack we currently have. Because that’s ending the season before it’s started.

and fyi I’m no fan of rudolf.

So ruin multiple years with a desperation signing, haven't we done that in the past?

if we run out the pack we have now we will finish in the bottom 4 and Galvin will definitely leave. Are you happy to sacrifice Galvin and come in the bottom 4 again to save a spot for 26?

Having Rudolph in 26 stops us from moving us progressing for 2 years, I'm not saying save a roster spot, I'm saying don't waste one on someone that will be a dead weight.

I still want the pack upgraded for 25, I don't think Rudolph is a big enough upgrade for the issues it will cause in 26. We have to be smart about this.

I also think the relationship between Luai and Galvin will be as important as anything else in getting Galvin to extend.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@garry I don’t like Rudolf either, but I like our current pack less. I just don’t want next year to be a wasted season. There is a lot on the line.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Surely we have a number of roster spots for 2026 that we don’t have to be that cautious do we?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Surely we have a number of roster spots for 2026 that we don’t have to be that cautious do we?

Do you know how many juniors that our old admin have automatically upgrading to top 30 contracts?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Do you know how many juniors that our old admin have automatically upgrading to top 30 contracts?

it is truly unbelievable. They were stacking our top 30 with a dozen kids below the age of 21. Just incredible mismanagement on epic scale. 

MickeyB, TGRZMN, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

it is truly unbelievable. They were stacking our top 30 with a dozen kids below the age of 21. Just incredible mismanagement on epic scale. 

It's not great but if you can find the right balance and surround them with aplenty of good, mentally tough, experienced players it could turn out okay. Penrith used 28 players in their 2016 season and 9 were 21 or under, they made the finals. They've obviously gone on to do great things. Not saying it'll happen at the Tigers but if the people leading the group on and off the field are the right kind then it could work out ok.

Joel Helmes and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Anyone heard anything about Sio Siua Taukeiaho lately? Was talk of him joining the Dogs last year but he had a foot injury. 33 next year but has played less than 200 games so might still have something to offer, can kick goals too. 

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

Anyone heard anything about Sio Siua Taukeiaho lately? Was talk of him joining the Dogs last year but he had a foot injury. 33 next year but has played less than 200 games so might still have something to offer, can kick goals too. 

I have always rated him but a 33yo with a serious foot injury sounds right up our alley.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

I have always rated him but a 33yo with a serious foot injury sounds right up our alley.

From two weeks ago…

Siosiua Taukeiaho's potential return to the NRL with the Canterbury Bulldogs is gaining momentum as the club considers offering him a lifeline. Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo is keeping a close eye on Taukeiaho's rehabilitation and training progress ahead of the 2025 pre-season.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Campbell-Gillard linked with yet another club

Reagan Campbell-Gillard's future continues to remain clouded, but in a surprise twist, he has now been linked to the Gold Coast Titans.

What has become clear is that the prop didn't have a contract locked up when he was granted a release from the final year of his contract with the Parramatta Eels in September.

Despite being linked to a host of clubs, including the St George Illawarra Dragons - where the length of contract was the major sticking point - the North Queensland Cowboys, Dolphins and Canterbury Bulldogs, he is still yet to confirm his future.

The prop, who was named Parramatta's player of the year despite having his worst stastical campaign since he joined the club, has now been linked to the Gold Coast Titans according to a News Corp report.

It's understood that, because the prop has already received a payout from the final year of his deal at the Eels, he would only need to be paid around $500,000 for the 2025 season under the NRL's salary cap.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Reagan Campbell-Gillard's future continues to remain clouded, but in a surprise twist, he has now been linked to the Gold Coast Titans.

What has become clear is that the prop didn't have a contract locked up when he was granted a release from the final year of his contract with the Parramatta Eels in September.

Despite being linked to a host of clubs, including the St George Illawarra Dragons - where the length of contract was the major sticking point - the North Queensland Cowboys, Dolphins and Canterbury Bulldogs, he is still yet to confirm his future.

The prop, who was named Parramatta's player of the year despite having his worst stastical campaign since he joined the club, has now been linked to the Gold Coast Titans according to a News Corp report.

It's understood that, because the prop has already received a payout from the final year of his deal at the Eels, he would only need to be paid around $500,000 for the 2025 season under the NRL's salary cap.

i don’t think we’re on his radar

Teddy_S reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

i haven’t given up hope that Richo is working under the radar like with Luai and Turuva. From memory RCG had a big falling out with Cleary so idea that he will go back to Penrith seems odd. Add to that the Titans already have representatives in their front row. Unless he has said straight out that he doesn’t want to play for us I can’t see why we aren’t in the frame. I think we need either RCG or Nelson to save the off season

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

I would be very happy with Rudolph and he actually changed managers recently which my thoughts were they wanted to avoid the appearance of bias and he was coming to us - you don't switch managers unless you are moving clubs. 

Great defensive player and runs hard and is a great age - yes please 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @boonboon

I would be very happy with Rudolph and he actually changed managers recently which my thoughts were they wanted to avoid the appearance of bias and he was coming to us - you don't switch managers unless you are moving clubs. 

Great defensive player and runs hard and is a great age - yes please 

Agree, thought he was the best of the middles for Sharks during the finals but could they lose 3 of their middles? If so I think Hazleton most likely to be let go.

This post was modified 1 day ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

i haven’t given up hope that Richo is working under the radar like with Luai and Turuva. From memory RCG had a big falling out with Cleary so idea that he will go back to Penrith seems odd. Add to that the Titans already have representatives in their front row. Unless he has said straight out that he doesn’t want to play for us I can’t see why we aren’t in the frame. I think we need either RCG or Nelson to save the off season

I’m not sure he had a falling out with Ivan but if he did then it’d certainly shed doubt over any move back there. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1070 / 1072
Share: