Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

For those not aware - Shane Richardson's son manages Toby Rudolf.

https://enrichd.com.au/services/enrichd-sports-management/

pretty dodgy. We got lumped with Faatape because of him too.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Rudolph is probably the worst Cronulla prop. I get that we have been stuffed by the stef contract but I am petrified we are going to be going backwards in our forward pack in 2025 when we desperately need progression given our backline is locked down 

The issue is, what do we do? We pulled out of the race for AFB because apparently our forward pack was strong and subsequently neglected signing any forward for 2025. Now we're left in a position where we only have 1 middle forward who's really nrl quality. We are no chance to sign anyone decent for next year, so we need to upgrade as much as we can. Rudolf isn't great at all, but he's better than what we've got. It's quite simple - if we don't sign another 2 middles in the next two months, we're a good chance of getting the spoon again, definitely bottom 4. The ramifications of that will be major - Galvin will move on.

So, we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade our pack so we're not bottom dwellers again. If week 1 we run out with Twal, Klemmer and Seyfarth all in the 17, it's all over.

The trouble at the moment is roster spots or lack thereof. Once the list of players departing is announced at the awards night then there will be roster movement.

100%, we need to know what departures we have (if any!)

And this brings me back to what i've complained about for a year now. Why on Earth did we extend To'a and Twal when they weren't off contract? Honestly one of the stupidest pieces of roster management i've ever seen.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Rudolph is probably the worst Cronulla prop. I get that we have been stuffed by the stef contract but I am petrified we are going to be going backwards in our forward pack in 2025 when we desperately need progression given our backline is locked down 

The issue is, what do we do? We pulled out of the race for AFB because apparently our forward pack was strong and subsequently neglected signing any forward for 2025. Now we're left in a position where we only have 1 middle forward who's really nrl quality. We are no chance to sign anyone decent for next year, so we need to upgrade as much as we can. Rudolf isn't great at all, but he's better than what we've got. It's quite simple - if we don't sign another 2 middles in the next two months, we're a good chance of getting the spoon again, definitely bottom 4. The ramifications of that will be major - Galvin will move on.

So, we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade our pack so we're not bottom dwellers again. If week 1 we run out with Twal, Klemmer and Seyfarth all in the 17, it's all over.

So take a substandard prop on a multi-year deal?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@garry what’s your alternative, sign no one and come last again?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

There will be lots of contracted players being moved on over this summer I feel. Several big clubs coming off very poor years, a few new coaches plus the usual agent led churn. 

We definitely need a few middles, but it's important that we don't throw money at the first names that get offered to us, unless they're the right players for us. Rudolph falls outside that category for me, so pass. Rather wait the market out a bit. 

Which middles do we have coming up through the system? 

Miller is bizarrely already in the top 30, I think Kit L is in next year too. Fa'agutu? The latter two don't really have prop size anyway, so I assume they project more as #13s (if anything at all). 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

My alternative is to not sign Rudolph and put ourselves in a position where we are stuck with him for 2-3 years. Must be smart about this.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @garry

My alternative is to not sign Rudolph and put ourselves in a position where we are stuck with him for 2-3 years. Must be smart about this.

so we’re writing off 2025 already?

what’s your pack for next year?

This post was modified 3 days ago by Avo

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Not Rudolph

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’d take RCG for 3 over Rudolph for 2.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Klemmer and RCG to start, pole and Hunt to come on late H1, TDS or Latu at 14 and then twal and Seyfarth fight it out for the last bench spot.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Not Rudolph

understood. Who then?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Not Rudolph

understood. Who then?

I don't know yet, but I don't want Rudolph anywhere near the place in 26. I would take Lodge for a year over that, I would love to hear that we have signed RCG or NAS.

Would you be happy with Rudolph taking up a limited roster spot in 2026?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@garry I would prefer him taking up a roster spot in 26 than us running out the forward pack we currently have. Because that’s ending the season before it’s started.

and fyi I’m no fan of rudolf.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry I would prefer him taking up a roster spot in 26 than us running out the forward pack we currently have. Because that’s ending the season before it’s started.

So ruin multiple years with a desperation signing, haven't we done that in the past?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

So ruin multiple years with a desperation signing, haven't we done that in the past?

if we run out the pack we have now we will finish in the bottom 4 and Galvin will definitely leave. Are you happy to sacrifice Galvin and come in the bottom 4 again to save a spot for 26?

Jedi Tiger and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1069 / 1072
Share: