Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@helmesy you can if they’re under contract. Will look pretty stupid if Galvin signs elsewhere next November. This makes no sense to me at all and confirms that we haven’t changed as a club at all.

But we weren’t privy to the negotiations or know what the true situation is here. I’ll still give Richardson the benefit of the doubt until I know more.

This post was modified 1 day ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@helmesy you can if they’re under contract. Will look pretty stupid if Galvin signs elsewhere next November. This makes no sense to me at all and confirms that we haven’t changed as a club at all.

But we weren’t privy to the negotiations or know what the true situation is here. I’ll still give Richardson the benefit of the doubt here.

The situation is he’s left and he’s under contract. It’s that simple. There is zero benefit to us letting him go. I’m not giving Richo the benefit of the doubt at all, this is stupid and he’s made a massive mistake (not his first since joining).

Harvey reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @canberratiger

Onitoni Large has signed with Manly.

Of all the juniors coming through I think letting Large go is one that will come back and bite us. Badly 

Can’t keep em if they are blocked.

I understand we can’t keep them all, but he had another 2 years on his contract. Anything could happen between now and then. Additionally he can play Center as well, so he’s not just a half. To me there is no upside in letting Large go now. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Onitoni Large has signed with Manly.

Of all the juniors coming through I think letting Large go is one that will come back and bite us. Badly 

Can’t keep em if they are blocked.

I understand we can’t keep them all, but he had another 2 years on his contract. Anything could happen between now and then. Additionally he can play Center as well, so he’s not just a half. To me there is no upside in letting Large go now. 

100%. Zero benefit to us. Indefensible decision.

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

Unbelievable. Does anything change here?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @harvey

Unbelievable. Does anything change here?

Short answer: No.

long answer: Also no.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I think the release of large would be to free up a top 30 spot for 26. It would need to be with Galvin extending but it is the only thing that would make sense to me m

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

@garry more likely Heath Mason as long term 5/8

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

disappointing with Large he will come back to bite us. 

we need to make sure we hold Heamasi Makasini, I believe his manager is Moses

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

No he isn't 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Pretty disappointing, but not overly surprising. He wants to play in the halves, and we have Luai signed up long term as well as Galvin/Fainu. Just gotta ensure that we keep at least one of the latter two.... I don't imagine we'll keep both. 

Seemed to me that he'll be better as a centre, at least initially. Shame the NRL CBA is so shoddy that kids can shift around so early despite clubs investing in their development (and yes I know this works to our benefit sometimes). 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

No he isn't 

cool thanks, thought he was

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Pretty disappointing, but not overly surprising. He wants to play in the halves, and we have Luai signed up long term as well as Galvin/Fainu. Just gotta ensure that we keep at least one of the latter two.... I don't imagine we'll keep both. 

This is the problem. We dont have Galvin locked up long term. He can negotiate in 12 months.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

This is the problem. We dont have Galvin locked up long term. He can negotiate in 12 months.

we do have latu fainu so perhaps Richo is like we have a replacement if Galvin does not sign 

This does have a bit of a Papenhuyzen and Tedesco smell about it 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger5150

we do have latu fainu so perhaps Richo is like we have a replacement if Galvin does not sign 

This does have a bit of a Papenhuyzen and Tedesco smell about it 

Except Papenhuyzen was off contract (wasnt Pascoe overseas?). If this goes the same way as Paps/Teddy it will be a much worse self inflicted wound.

ReplyQuote
Page 1064 / 1066
Share: