Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

If they buy in to what we are looking to build and achieve than lets go.

I'd like to buy into having hope for my WT again, so can you explain what they are looking to build and achieve?

If it's vicarious glory by watching the guys who leave go on and excel elsewhere, then they're doing well with that already.

There's precious little evidence of any other plan that seems to be working with the current mob.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I'd like to buy into having hope for my WT again, so can you explain what they are looking to build and achieve?

If it's vicarious glory by watching the guys who leave go on and excel elsewhere, then they're doing well with that already.

There's precious little evidence of any other plan that seems to be working with the current mob.

We the fans need to see something soon, something to keep us hopeful.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

For better or for worse it looks like Benji and Richo are going all in on the kids, as I have said previously we could follow the path of the Dogs and load up on fringe first graders and journeymen, this may get us up the ladder, however will not deliver longer term consistent success and to be honest the dogs and dragons have improved however are only really where they are because of the abysmal performance this season of clubs like Parra, the broncos, Souths etc... the quality in the comp outside of storm/roosters/panthers has been very ordinary this year. Or we take the path of the Panthers and invest in a few of the special kids coming through the ranks and build a team that will compete for a number of years. I guess each person will have their opinions on this, however if what Bateman is saying is true it does look like Benji is giving the kids the keys to the car (didn't want to say Bus). So new recruits that come in need to buy into this and be willing to play their part supporting, encouraging and developing the kids coming through. We do need a fair sprinkle of experience across the park and that will have to come from outside. 

Frullens, Kenny4517, Skippa13 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

We the fans need to see something soon, something to keep us hopeful.

Thats half the problem. Whether it’s over a season or a game, the tigers are good at providing a glimmer of hope, only to crush it in the most painful way. It would be easier in some respects if there was no hope.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Apparently Benji has hinted at a possible Lock signing. The player “not getting enough minutes” at current club.

Where did you hear hom hint that?

Jack Williams comes to mind

would also like to know. Haven’t seen an interview anywhere?

I guess we aren't getting an answer to this one

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

For better or for worse it looks like Benji and Richo are going all in on the kids, as I have said previously we could follow the path of the Dogs and load up on fringe first graders and journeymen, this may get us up the ladder, however will not deliver longer term consistent success and to be honest the dogs and dragons have improved however are only really where they are because of the abysmal performance this season of clubs like Parra, the broncos, Souths etc... the quality in the comp outside of storm/roosters/panthers has been very ordinary this year.

It's an Olympic year and that first sentence is contending for Gold in the "one sentence when two or more would have made more sense" category. So really you don't know what WT are trying to build and achieve; just guessing. And, I'm the same. Just guessing. And running out of hope.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Thoughts on Wiremu Gregg.

Parramatta are shopping him, contracted until 2026.

There is a player there. Boy he can hit. We haven't had anyone that can hit like him for a long time. 

I'm keen on him actually, just got to get him fit.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

There is a player there. Boy he can hit. We haven't had anyone that can hit like him for a long time. 

Just looked him up. Average run meters 53. Not sure that would be good enough, he’d need todo a lot more. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @mike

Just looked him up. Average run meters 53. Not sure that would be good enough, he’d need todo a lot more. 

Looks like he is playing less than 20 minutes for that 53 metres, so not as bad as it first looks. His metres per minutes are decent. However it does highlight how he needs to get fitter if he is only playing those minutes.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Parra have been trying this for a long time and are letting him go. There are some big young guys who just never get that level of fitness.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Parra have been trying this for a long time and are letting him go. There are some big young guys who just never get that level of fitness.

We have to hope that Jordan Miller is not one of those guys.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

For better or for worse it looks like Benji and Richo are going all in on the kids, as I have said previously we could follow the path of the Dogs and load up on fringe first graders and journeymen, this may get us up the ladder, however will not deliver longer term consistent success and to be honest the dogs and dragons have improved however are only really where they are because of the abysmal performance this season of clubs like Parra, the broncos, Souths etc... the quality in the comp outside of storm/roosters/panthers has been very ordinary this year.

It's an Olympic year and that first sentence is contending for Gold in the "one sentence when two or more would have made more sense" category. So really you don't know what WT are trying to build and achieve; just guessing. And, I'm the same. Just guessing. And running out of hope.

Congratulations on calling out my grammar. It's a little tricky when typing on my mobile phone. Unless you are sitting in the room with the coaching staff the best we can do is guess. Not sure what you are doing hanging around this forum if you are interested in faultless grammar and hard facts.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Congratulations on calling out my grammar. It's a little tricky when typing on my mobile phone. Unless you are sitting in the room with the coaching staff the best we can do is guess. Not sure what you are doing hanging around this forum if you are interested in faultless grammar and hard facts.

Well, fair enough too. I don't hang around here more than once a day usually to see what is happening with WT from a fan/member perspective. While I prefer facts, I know this is a place for opinions.

And, here's another of mine: Richardson is a buffoon, a relic of the past who has about 5% of the currency and credibility he thinks he does with players and managers. Whenever I see him he reminds me of Sir Les Patterson, except we knew that was a p*ss-take. Marshall is a hypocrite in demanding his players perform to standards that he never, ever maintained himself. He couldn't coach a rampant choko vine up a wire fence. The reputation of the WT club has been trashed by the history of deluded incompetence of Wests Ashfield, the HBG, Lee, Pascoe, Sheens V2.0, and now Marshall and Richardson. 

See you tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Sounds like the Johansson deal was not top 30.

Rumour on Facebook that Porter has also been re-signed.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Sounds like the Johansson deal was not top 30.

Rumour on Facebook that Porter has also been re-signed.

I didn't think it would have been, good signing if that is the case.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1019 / 1066
Share: