Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Shaun Blore ready for big 2022

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @hodgo

Like everyone it appears I'm a huge fan of blore however we desperately need a rookie to step up and be a weapon in the forwards. Ute is great but other then that we lack explosiveness. Lucy although he is leaving showed that at times last year.

If Stefano, Blore, mikaele take another step up we are starting to look ok in our pack

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The big key with all these juniors players coming through is we have added to their engines ...bigger minutes ...holding their performance attitude and mindset for longer and mental strength 100 % switched on for 24 rounds 

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

This is a big year for him. A long term position in the backrow awaits if he can step up.

I am keen to see how he goes, part of me still thinks that he will end up as a middle forward.

ReplyQuote
 earl
(@earl)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @harvey

This is a big year for him. A long term position in the backrow awaits if he can step up.

I am keen to see how he goes, part of me still thinks that he will end up as a middle forward.

I wonder if we are trying to turn him into an edge forward when he is more of a lock forward. We need edge forwards.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @earl
Posted by: @harvey

I wonder if we are trying to turn him into an edge forward when he is more of a lock forward. We need edge forwards.

I think that’s a really good point about him.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With Blore two things stand out

1. The fact that Freddy Fittler picked him for an emerging NSW squad in 2018. I think he'd only played half a dozen flegg games at that point and was among the youngest in the squad. Fittler has a great eye for talent IMO

2. His debut. He took it to Nathan Brown in a way that even established first graders never do.

I really hope the WT are serious about extending him because Penrith will have cap space and a back row spot up for grabs now that Kikau is going.

Anyway, the first half dozen games will tell us all we need to know about Blore and his future

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Wests Tigers forward Shawn Blore has undergone scans today to confirm the extent of a knee injury suffered at training.

Blore left the training field on Friday morning with a suspected ACL injury, however is awaiting further results.

The injury was sustained in the other knee following his previous ACL injury in 2019.

per WT.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Wests Tigers forward Shawn Blore has undergone scans today to confirm the extent of a knee injury suffered at training.

Blore left the training field on Friday morning with a suspected ACL injury, however is awaiting further results.

The injury was sustained in the other knee following his previous ACL injury in 2019.

per WT.

Can't release Lucy now mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

per WT.

I guess not. What a horrible start to the season.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @garry

per WT.

I guess not. What a horrible start to the season.

Yeah, one of the worst possible outcomes.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The club is cursed.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

given the injury Blore might never make it 

earl and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

what do we think k ? who are his replacements

Garner

simpkins

LL

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

given the injury Blore might never make it 

I'm hoping he will be ok, he is contracted to us for next season as well.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what do we think k ? who are his replacements

Garner

simpkins

LL

I think it definitely increases the role of Lucy and Garner.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: