Wests Tigers admin/...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers admin/governance discussion

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Richo just put the dramas to bed on btr.

https://youtu.be/PX9UdoISAs4?si=ZII-kLnG3o4r9y8n

Excellent job by Richo and as others have said, put everyone in their box. Only negative I would have (not of Richo's content) is that if Barry has to meet the skills matrix....why doesnt Dennis Burgess?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I am impressed by how quickly Richo has jumped on this. It only really blew up at the back end of last week and he has addressed it  immediately...You can read into it two ways, either he is flabbergasted by the level of bullshit coming out and wants to shoot it down asap, or there is a level of truth to it and he has seen the reaction from the fans so he has weighed in to put pressure on HBG....or more than likely a mix of both. He did also hint at some upcoming signings to be announced 😜 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Bloody Richo, I was looking forward to cuffing myself to the Leagues Club. Oh well, back to my NewsCorp manifesto it is then. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

Nice work again by Richo. Just what the Doctor ordered! 👌

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Hale Richo, Hale The Great Man, I said Hale. By the way,I was never worried....................................... 🤣 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@tiger5150 Bulls Eye, you nailed it.

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Richo, what a legend!!!

Shut those fools up. Man he’s good.

Russtutty63 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Bloody Richo, I was looking forward to cuffing myself to the Leagues Club. Oh well, back to my NewsCorp manifesto it is then. 

I would have joined you

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Richo!!!!

Don't mess with him

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @russtutty63

I would have joined you

BYO handcuffs 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Former Wests Tigers chair Lee Hagipantelis has launched a stunning critique at Balmain Tigers chair Danny Stapleton and called on the current board member of the Wests Tigers to resign from his position.

Balmain director and former player Garry Leo spoke with The Sydney Morning Herald last Thursday in which he said his fellow board members had “lost faith” in the Wests Tigers majority owner, the Holman Barnes Group.

Following this bombshell statement, Stapleton and the Tigers released a statement and denied any agitation and were unified in their desire to remain at the joint venture.

Hagipantelis, who served as Wests Tigers chair from 2019-2023, found several discrepancies in the statement and has accused Stapleton of deliberately misleading the public.

“I’m a lifetime Balmain member so I am speaking as a supporter of the club,” Hagipantelis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“There was a statement issued by the Balmain club to disavow any statements made by Garry Leo.

“I’ve got a lot of respect and a lot of time for Garry so you can imagine how frustrated he must have been to actually go on the record and air the grievances behind the scenes.

“It said that all was hunky dory between the Balmain directors and the Holman Barnes Group.

“The statement was not signed by the chair or CEO which is unusual. Within a few hours of that statement being put out, there was a leak of emails that circulated between the directors of Balmain which showed that every word of that statement was completely untrue.

“As fans, we were being gaslighted by the club as to what was occurring.

“The contents of the statement were not correct. A generous or neutral term would say they were erroneous.

“A more aggressive term would call them misleading.

“Ultimately, the chair of Balmain Danny Stapleton should take responsibility for that.

“I have known Danny Stapleton for quite some time and served on the board of the Wests Tigers with him.

“In my own personal dealings with him, he proved to be a very deceitful and dishonest person.

“He was lying to me for many, many months prior to the events of December last year.

“In my assessment, I don’t think Danny Stapleton is worthy of being the chair of Balmain and I don’t think he’s worthy of sitting on the board of directors at the Wests Tigers.

“If you put out a statement that is misleading and erroneous as it was, you should resign.

“He should resign immediately.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/03/former-wests-tigers-chair-lee-hagipantelis-calls-for-immediate-resignation/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

Former Wests Tigers chair Lee Hagipantelis has launched a stunning critique at Balmain Tigers chair Danny Stapleton and called on the current board member of the Wests Tigers to resign from his position.

Balmain director and former player Garry Leo spoke with The Sydney Morning Herald last Thursday in which he said his fellow board members had “lost faith” in the Wests Tigers majority owner, the Holman Barnes Group.

Following this bombshell statement, Stapleton and the Tigers released a statement and denied any agitation and were unified in their desire to remain at the joint venture.

Hagipantelis, who served as Wests Tigers chair from 2019-2023, found several discrepancies in the statement and has accused Stapleton of deliberately misleading the public.

“I’m a lifetime Balmain member so I am speaking as a supporter of the club,” Hagipantelis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“There was a statement issued by the Balmain club to disavow any statements made by Garry Leo.

“I’ve got a lot of respect and a lot of time for Garry so you can imagine how frustrated he must have been to actually go on the record and air the grievances behind the scenes.

“It said that all was hunky dory between the Balmain directors and the Holman Barnes Group.

“The statement was not signed by the chair or CEO which is unusual. Within a few hours of that statement being put out, there was a leak of emails that circulated between the directors of Balmain which showed that every word of that statement was completely untrue.

“As fans, we were being gaslighted by the club as to what was occurring.

“The contents of the statement were not correct. A generous or neutral term would say they were erroneous.

“A more aggressive term would call them misleading.

“Ultimately, the chair of Balmain Danny Stapleton should take responsibility for that.

“I have known Danny Stapleton for quite some time and served on the board of the Wests Tigers with him.

“In my own personal dealings with him, he proved to be a very deceitful and dishonest person.

“He was lying to me for many, many months prior to the events of December last year.

“In my assessment, I don’t think Danny Stapleton is worthy of being the chair of Balmain and I don’t think he’s worthy of sitting on the board of directors at the Wests Tigers.

“If you put out a statement that is misleading and erroneous as it was, you should resign.

“He should resign immediately.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/03/former-wests-tigers-chair-lee-hagipantelis-calls-for-immediate-resignation/

Wahhhh 😭😭😭😭😭

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Lee, as they say on 'Big Brother'..."its time to go" as nobody is listening to you anymore. Most of us appreciate the great financial support you gave to the club, but its now all over. Move on mate. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

And this arrogant, petulant, and aggrieved spray from Lee (ex-Chairman Mouth) is from a man who runs a law firm?

Seriously? Why would anyone work for them or use them?

I don't know Danny Stapleton at all, but such is the total disregard I have for the character, motive and judgement of Lee Hagipantelis, I know who I believe. And, he doesn't wear a Fedora or drive a fancy sports car. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The biggest question is, who was dumb enough to put Lee in the Chairman’s seat in the first place. Whoever that was has failed my skills matrix 

Jedi Tiger, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 103 / 104
Share: