Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mike I thought the same he is  just like all before him the crap about LO and CSS not up to NRL standard but will continue playing there for years ! All talk no action can he release the funding model for CSS and who is supplying the money . He wants the club to be a top 4 team so that means locking out thousands of supporters that 16k capacity stadiums will not accommodate. He and the club have no regard for the wider supporter base or any intention of a One home ground identity as I have said 5 home grounds ! 25 yrs of the same crap ..I am a member and not happy .

Eastiemagpie and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Unless you want to go to Accor, Allianz or bankwest for every home game than what Richo has proposed is likely the only viable option. He probably decided that bankwest will work better for those 4 games than Accor or Allianz and he has already commented that we will not be playing a home game against Parra at bankwest. I don't really understand all the hate, we have a big supporter base spread across the city/country and at least you are spreading the home ground love. Win a few games and you will fill any of these stadiums, the more $$ generated the more we can support the club and player development. We have won games at all 3 grounds so the ability to do so is there, the players wax lyrical about LO and you can also see how proud and happy the kids that had come through the south west system were when they toweled up Canberra in front of their family and friends at CSS.....Winning solves everything and whilst a single home ground may help, I think in the current environment with the way the team is performing you may put at risk a large chunk of supporters or sponsors if you flick any of the 3 grounds many are hanging on by a thread. The sponsors will leverage bankwest and the fans will love having games at their own home ground whether that be LO or CSS. It was the only viable option in my opinion. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

are we framing a market for the following 

2025 we host Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium lol $1.04

Penrith at Parramatta Stadium $1.04

we are not the brightest club 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

And another home game at Magic Round for the next 3 years. Diabolical

probably against a Queensland team at magic round too, thanks NRL for the stitch up on who we host every year 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

All of that is baked in the cake, however what none of us really know is the behind the scenes details. Exactly how many corporates can you get in and for how much $$$, how much does it cost to play at CommBank/Allianz/Accor/LO/CSS? How many members have a LO or CSS only membership? Which/how many sponsors are wedded to a ground.

Yep, and we still don't know any of those answers despite the decisions of the club in the "home" ground allocation for the next 3 years.

I think your point is that we just trust Richardson? That's a big call IMO.

I haven't renewed multiple platinum memberships for the last 2 seasons, and I won't be in the foreseeable future after this decision. I don't want to be part of the Eels' desperate poor cousin crap.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Yes mate we are certainly not the brightest club …a club that does everything possible to facilitate supporters that support a ground rather than the club yep real bright !

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

you might find some fans who don't like watching at Parramatta Stadium  might mean bigger crowds flock to CSS and LO for thst "home" game feel 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

you might find some fans who don't like watching at Parramatta Stadium  might mean bigger crowds flock to CSS and LO for thst "home" game feel 

Yeh, or you might find fans that have had a gutful of the decisions of WT leaders and stop going to games altogether. 

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Not to many flocking back they only hold 16k .. this is not a decision by a club that wants to expand its support into  the future just wants to lament in the past !

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

G

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger Not to many flocking back they only hold 16k .. this is not a decision by a club that wants to expand its support into  the future just wants to lament in the past !

Agree. This club, along with many of its current supporters, are stuck in the past. I am starting to think that’s where the club belongs as well. 

This post was modified 2 days ago 2 times by Mike

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Yeh, or you might find fans that have had a gutful of the decisions of WT leaders and stop going to games altogether. 

I’ll still go to most of the games at Leichhardt because I love it there, and have been going since I was a little kid. I have no interest in going to CommBank. I’ve been to a few games there and it never feels like a home game, even though it’s a good stadium. I hate Accor but at least felt somewhat like a home game when we played there.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @snake

I'm not sure Parramatta stadium will get 16k to its games either

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I think if they had ditched LO or CSS you might have had fans not going to games at Parramatta as it doesn't feel like a home. 

Accor is not good to watch football at but it is next to COE and in our catchment area 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

On the Magic Round issue the NRL really should run with an odd number of games so that it’s no teams home game. The NRL can control the gate for the event. 

I like Parramatta as a venue and think it’s the better of the stadiums for us. I understand why others have an issue with it but I believe if we’re successful those issues aren’t as prominent. 

I actually thought we’d see more of a move away from LO and CSS so I’m not sure if the balance is right here especially for 3 home grounds. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

This thread is dead. Richo made his call and surprising everyone he went back to Pascoe’s plan. We should reopen the thread in 3 years time. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 145 / 147
Share: