Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Hate CommBank for us 

Yeh, deep down, me too. It's a kind of admission that we're a second rate club that will accept charity to play on a better team's ground and pretend it's ours. At least when I go to LO and CSS it feels like I'm going to a genuine Tigers' home game. But, clearly, Richardson prioritises the corporate dollars that playing at a ground like CommBank can generate over the feel-good needs of fans and members.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Hate CommBank for us 

Yeh, deep down, me too. It's a kind of admission that we're a second rate club that will accept charity to play on a better team's ground and pretend it's ours. At least when I go to LO and CSS it feels like I'm going to a genuine Tigers' home game. But, clearly, Richardson prioritises the corporate dollars that playing at a ground like CommBank can generate over the feel-good needs of fans and members.

True, but the best feeling is winning and to do that in NRL consistently you need 💰 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

SMH reporting

Dragons at SFS as part of indigenous round

Parra and Penrith at Commbank 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The Tigers held a board meeting on Monday where Richardson presented the club’s stadium strategy for the next few years following a $40 million government funding injection into Leichhardt Oval.

The Tigers are expected to take home games against Parramatta and Penrith to CommBank Stadium next year. They’ll also host a game at Magic Round, splitting the remaining eight home games between Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Looks like Richo is optimising for $$$$

ReplyQuote
 JasW
(@jasw)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I understand the strategy and financial benefit of playing some games at CommBank and i don't hate the idea of that. Id be ok with some more games there. But im not a fan at all of playing Parramatta in particular there. Obviously money wise it makes sense as will be a huge crowd, and i know we beat them there this year, but we are a team who needs every little advantage we can get so to essentially give the home ground advantage to them when typically they are a much better home team than away team just doesn't sit right with me.

With that said i do have a lot of faith in Richo and do back him. I just hope this isn't one of those things that ends up biting us in the butt.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @frullens

SMH reporting

Dragons at SFS as part of indigenous round

Parra and Penrith at Commbank 

would that Dragons game be a home game? 

I don’t get the significance or reasoning for playing that game at SFS during indigenous round. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jasw

I understand the strategy and financial benefit of playing some games at CommBank and i don't hate the idea of that. Id be ok with some more games there. But im not a fan at all of playing Parramatta in particular there. Obviously money wise it makes sense as will be a huge crowd, and i know we beat them there this year, but we are a team who needs every little advantage we can get so to essentially give the home ground advantage to them when typically they are a much better home team than away team just doesn't sit right with me.

With that said i do have a lot of faith in Richo and do back him. I just hope this isn't one of those things that ends up biting us in the butt.

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Obviously Richo has been clear about making money to reinvest in the footy club - which means better corporates

But from a crowd perspective- the Parra, Penrith, Dragons, Bulldogs, Souths, Roosters games should all be game we draw 20k+ 

Which means they are too big for LO or CS

Which means we need to host this games at at least 1 of the 3 bigger stadiums. All of which at least 1 of those clubs are a tenant 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jasw

if we are performing we will draw a decent number of fans to Parra stadium, last few years the parra supporters have outnumbered us as we have not been playing a brand of footy that draws a crowd...yet we still beat them this year. I actually think if we can draw a decent number of vocal Tigers fans playing at commbank  as an away team will be more disruptive and strange to The eels than us. Other upside is we take the parra fans $$

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

More details on Eora Round here: 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-s-mini-magic-round-tigers-rabbitohs-to-move-games-for-indigenous-celebration-20240621-p5jnr6.html

A good idea I think. 

Great idea. I hope they do it. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

More details on Eora Round here: 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-s-mini-magic-round-tigers-rabbitohs-to-move-games-for-indigenous-celebration-20240621-p5jnr6.html

A good idea I think. 

I like it. I know we lose a home game but if they build this up over a few seasons of could become a real event. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

bad move playing parramatta at Parramatta stadium 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@illawarratiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Great to see the boys finally break the hoodoo that's been plaguing the squad at Campbeltown for the last four years! The future is so bright for our squad and the young talent on display today was incredible. Really hope we can keep Utoikamanu and Galvin. Both the Laulilii and Fainu brothers were also amazing! 

Garry and TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 143 / 148
Share: