Notifications
Clear all

2023 Membership

Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I have to speak up for the club here, the payment for the physical membership card is clearly to disincentivise the use of them and encourage people towards using an e-card which is a free option. 

I assume this is part of a club sustainability strategy, it's essential we have one of these as large companies like Zurich won't do business with you if you don't have one.

As far as the other stuff is concerned I just opted out of everything. It's generally cheap tat anyway and I imagine 75% of it ends up either in the bin or the Vinnies. The reduction of waste and packaging probably also part of our sustainability strategy.

It's a bit cumbersome and not really user friendly but overall a decent idea and evidence of some joined up thinking at the club in my opinion.

If it's about being sustainable don't make it an option at all. And if it is about sustainability (it's not), then they should donate the profits of selling the cards to charity (they won't).

They're keeping the physical card as an option as some people, probably older fans, may not feel comfortable using the e-card. I would assume though that this option will be phased out over the next few years.

Not sure how you would know it's not for sustainability reasons as it's a fairly normal way of doing business especially for multinational companies who might be looking to sponsor us and why would they donate any operational profits to charity? 

Surely as members we would want that reinvested in the club to maybe pay a bit of Mitchell Moses salary.

Plenty of things to beat the club up over but I think they're on the right track here pending a bit of streamlining of the process.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@celtic_tiger I do not understand why if given the choice you would want that thing hanging around your neck .. you have to take it of to scan it for entry. We should not throw all of us oldies in the same basket , nearly 70 and I want mine in my Apple wallet thank you ! In the world of getting rid of plastic .. a good idea if it was for sustainable reasons ..As the story goes there is an option .. I do not see the issue for paying , I am not a member anymore but can say we probably have 50 of those cards around the place in draws ! 

Celtic_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@celtic_tiger Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. I view it as the club being unnecessarily miserable.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

We finished last after the year from hell - a bit of goodwill here should have been the priority.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I have to speak up for the club here, the payment for the physical membership card is clearly to disincentivise the use of them and encourage people towards using an e-card which is a free option. 

I assume this is part of a club sustainability strategy, it's essential we have one of these as large companies like Zurich won't do business with you if you don't have one.

As far as the other stuff is concerned I just opted out of everything. It's generally cheap tat anyway and I imagine 75% of it ends up either in the bin or the Vinnies. The reduction of waste and packaging probably also part of our sustainability strategy.

It's a bit cumbersome and not really user friendly but overall a decent idea and evidence of some joined up thinking at the club in my opinion.

I've read this post somewhere else.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

I noticed that too. Perhaps Jedi and Celtic are the same person?

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @garry

I noticed that too. Perhaps Jedi and Celtic are the same person?

Someone has been copying my homework.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast is Celtic a Brooks fan too

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger Apologies Celtic, I thought I had mentioned you on the other forum with that Zurich idea sorry mate for not giving the cred with that

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast I haven’t seen it yet but $30 for a kids’ drink bottle? What does it do, play music?

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@celtic_tiger Apologies Celtic, I thought I had mentioned you on the other forum with that Zurich idea sorry mate for not giving the cred with that

I'll take it as a complement lol

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

DT

They’ve been absent from the NRL finals for a decade but that hasn’t stopped Wests Tigers hitting their fans where it hurts. We reveal which club’s members will pay top dollar for home games.

Fatima Kdouh and Matt Encarnacion

2 min read
November 25, 2022 - 4:29PM

The Wests Tigers may have finished at the bottom of the ladder this year but are still expecting long suffering fans to pay top dollar to watch their team in 2023.
Remarkably, only new franchise the Dolphins are charging more than what the joint venture is asking its faithful to fork out for an adult membership to home games.

News Corp has examined the cheapest season tickets for adults and families at each club next year, and, given the current economic climate, some of the results are surprising.

The most affordable Tigers’ season ticket, which doesn’t include “home” games at Tamworth, Hamilton (New Zealand) and Brisbane (Magic Round), will set fans back almost $28 a game.

Only the Dolphins, at over $32 a game, ask their new fanbase for more.

“I’m not too happy about it,” says long-time season ticket-holder Dean Morgan.

“Those ‘home games’ aren’t included, so how can we be the second most expensive when three of those games we can’t attend because they’re interstate or overseas?

“It doesn’t make sense at all.”

Wests Tigers members will pay top dollar to attend home games. Picture: Grant Trouville/NRL
Morgan said the revelations would factor into his decision to renew his membership.

“I usually go with my dad to Campbelltown and Leichhardt. I haven’t looked into the prices but if they’re the second most expensive, that’s something to think about,” he said.
On the other end of the scale, Canterbury have the cheapest membership offering next year.
The Bulldogs’ home game package of 11 matches, which includes an away game deal with fellow Accor Stadium tenants South Sydney, is almost half that of the Tigers.
Canterbury, along with Newcastle, also have the best deals for families across the league.
Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton said the club made it a priority to be able to offer its supporters the most affordable membership packages in the NRL.

Members ticket prices at your club.
“The Bulldogs are ‘the Family Club’ and members are at the core of our family,” he said.
“They play a critical role in the success of the Bulldogs both on and off the field and our commitment to them has always been and remains to be, providing them with value-driven and affordable memberships.”
Keeping memberships affordable in a climate of rising interest rates and the cost of living was a crucial consideration for the Bulldogs.
“We know that we have all been impacted in different ways throughout recent years, so we have done our best to keep our membership rates as low as possible despite rising costs to the club,” Warburton said.
“We kept rates flat for six years and we rolled membership benefits forward from the 2021 season to account for the impacts and restrictions of the pandemic.

But now in 2023, more than ever, we need the support of our members.”
The Belmore outfit has managed to remain low-cost even after increasing the price of memberships by four per cent across the board this year.
“The future success of our club relies on keeping competitive with our rival NRL teams and investing in our people and pathways,” he said.
“Despite some small rate increases across some of our membership packages in 2023, our memberships still remain one of the most affordable of all the clubs.

“We were conscious to complete a thorough analysis before making any changes to membership packages to ensure that we remain one of the most value-driven clubs in the NRL, which we are confident that we have achieved.”
The Tigers have been asked for comment on their membership prices.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Membership 2023 Stats 

Screenshot 20221125 200806 Chrome

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

These prices are what you get when a club wants multiple home grounds and 2 grounds that have limited capacity… the clubs costs are higher , the supporters that want these grounds will have to pay the price so do not complain. One home ground at a modern stadium with proper capacity will give a supporter cheaper season tickets . Next year when the 2 outdated limited capacity stadiums will be used the prices for season tickets will be higher the club needs to break even as there premium membership base will go backwards .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@snake we sell off home games to Tamworth and new Zealand giving away home advantage 

2024 6 LO and 6 CSS 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: