2022 Wests Tigers T...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022 Wests Tigers Trial Matches

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

After a nice, much needed break, Wests Tigers are about to bounce back into action with trial games against the Roosters and Manly lined up.

What are some of the big questions you’d like to see answered in these games?

Which Wests Tigers player are you most looking forward to seeing play?

Which player(s) really needs to hit the mark in the trials to be considered for round one?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry
(@garry)

I will be watching the halves closely along with the centre position.  At this point in time zi have both centre positions up for grabs. 

I will also be looking for evidence of improved defensive structures.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @garry

I will be watching the halves closely along with the centre position.  At this point in time zi have both centre positions up for grabs. 

Yes, we need to see a whole new look and feel around our defense.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

I definitely don't want to see any of our players grabbing an attacking player and trying to keep him on his feet. I want to see us hit in tackles and try and win the collision. I want to see our players defending as a team and our outside backs making aligned decisions.  Players in the A and B positions working hard and the softness through the middle to disappear. 

Is that too much to ask?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

I definitely don't want to see any of our players grabbing an attacking player and trying to keep him on his feet. I want to see us hit in tackles and try and win the collision. I want to see our players defending as a team and our outside backs making aligned decisions.  Players in the A and B positions working hard and the softness through the middle to disappear. 

Is that too much to ask?

Basically NRL standard? No, not too much to ask!

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The Rorters built a premiership on holding up attackers to get their defensive line set..

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @geo-2

The Rorters built a premiership on holding up attackers to get their defensive line set..

Yeah they did, they don't do it anymore though.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

There's probably 3 players whose come with biggest question marks

Logen Dillon - I think he needs to get substantive game time. He's got something that other players don't have. Whether we can accomodate him in his preferred position of fullback in the short term Im not so sure? The best way to blood him may be to bring him on from the bench and just have him roam around the ruck?

Junior Tupou - bit of a left field pick up but seemed to have a plenty of admirers in Canberra. Most fans response to his signing was 'he's one for the future' but given our lack of talent in the centre position I would hope he shows enough to warrant NRL selection in the early rounds. I say that because I really dont like the Roberts option. He's past his best

Oliver Gildart - again we need someone to step up out wide. He's a very small guy. If he contributes in a similar fashion to someone like Jarrod Croker I think that would meet my expectations (but hopefully I am proved wrong!)

I think Jackson Hastings will do plenty of positive things in 2022 but I am not sure if he can carry us into finals. We are still light on in so many positions.

TigerSteve, Mike, Geo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: