Notifications
Clear all

VALE Roy Ferguson - Magpie #613

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

Roy Ferguson was a one of the best and toughest Centres in the game and played for the Magpies from 1964 to 1971, including 114 First Grade games. He then signed with St George in 1972 and played 100 First Grade games with them as well. He has the distinction of being the first player to play 100 First Grade games with two different clubs.

He was one of my childhood idols and passed away this morning after a battle with dementia. R.I.P. Roy. 

LoganR21 and Russtutty63 reacted
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

Roy Ferguson was a one of the best and toughest Centres in the game and played for the Magpies from 1964 to 1971, including 114 First Grade games. He then signed with St George in 1972 and played 100 First Grade games with them as well. He has the distinction of being the first player to play 100 First Grade games with two different clubs.

He was one of my childhood idols and passed away this morning after a battle with dementia. R.I.P. Roy. 

Remember him well Mike. He was my first “favourite” player at Wests. He and Barry Bryant. Always saddened by the passing of these guys as they remind me of a special time of my life. 

Mike and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: