Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT vs Sharks Rd 3 2024

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Any other one word contributions for the pod?

Drop them here.

any feedback re Latu Fainu and how he played ? 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

One word - kicking

our kicking game was the best it’s been in a long time. It’s variation, short and long and the effort on the kick chase.

The most impressive win we have had in a long time. Kept them at a low score and ground away all night.

we never let them in the game. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

One word - DEFENCE - set the foundations for the attack

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

Any other one word contributions for the pod?

Drop them here.

Belief. 

That effort gives belief for the fans but more importantly for this very young squad that they can do it and this squad can be competitive. 

That win was built on effort on effort and not letting up until the end. Hitting hard in numbers right until the death. It clearly rattled the Sharks. 

hate to say this but I don’t think I can remember getting the rub of the green with the refs like last night either. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tigerWatched  him play today , the thing I liked most is he runs to the line and draws 2 defenders before he passes and he is strong scored carrying a couple over  the line, good kicking as well . Don’t know how fast he is did not present itself today . Not long before he is 14 or starting 7 if Sezer goes down . After only 40mins I’m convinced at this stage at least.

Frullens and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

One word - Game-Plan

The team followed Benji's game plan exactly as he's been discussing

Kick to the corners

Get in the grind

Play through the middle

Defence and effort

Then play footy when the opposition gets tired 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tagaloatiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Was inspired to join you boys on the forum after yesterday’s performance.

One Word - COMMITMENT. I thought they came out hard but even after going down early they got more committed to defence and never let up all game. It’s all we’ve wanted as fans from this club for a long time. 

Joel Helmes, TGRZMN, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tagaloatiger

Was inspired to join you boys on the forum after yesterday’s performance.

One Word - COMMITMENT. I thought they came out hard but even after going down early they got more committed to defence and never let up all game. It’s all we’ve wanted as fans from this club for a long time. 

welcome to the forum. Agree with your point about the commitment and they managed to keep it up for the full 80

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Passion - especially Api playing crook and having a mega game, and you can tell the rest of the team were also playing with that same passion. I loved the way they celebrated, esp Faataape's no try, they all got around him and you could tell they are playing for each other. I rate this game as a better performance than the Cowboys thrashing. Cowboys were playing like a busted backside whereas the sharks were being contained by our solid defense. Special shoutout to Bateman and Papallii, Bateman played with controlled agression and Papallii was especially good on the kick chase, he was often the first one there to hit the FB or winger in a hard tackle to shut them down, he also did a job on Talakai. 

Skippa13 and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Just listened to the first half of the pod and totally agree with all 3 one word responses to the game.

Apologies if this was already said but my one word is BULLY. We bullied the Sharks for the whole game. 

We bullied them with our intensity, bullied them with our relentless line speed and hard running. Bullied them with our big hits at first contact. 

Suffocated them with our discipline. 

Loved it! 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @chook

Just listened to the first half of the pod and totally agree with all 3 one word responses to the game.

Apologies if this was already said but my one word is BULLY. We bullied the Sharks for the whole game. 

We bullied them with our intensity, bullied them with our relentless line speed and hard running. Bullied them with our big hits at first contact. 

Suffocated them with our discipline. 

Loved it! 

Love that one word.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

My one word... Sustained-effort.

Thx for the poddy each week, my Monday lunch time walk 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@southerntiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Something of interest out of this game for me was the imperfect perfection of Api. 

Hard to not give him 10/10 for that performance yet he still threw 3-4 shocking passes from dummy half. 

Goes to show he is not a classic hooker by any means but gee he is good.

And I think Api is what could make Sezer work this year. If we had a more standard hooker, Sezer likely wouldnt offer enough creativity. 

Anyway just my 2 cents. 

Mike, Lorenzo, LoganR21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @southerntiger

Something of interest out of this game for me was the imperfect perfection of Api. 

Probably overcooking it, but I think Api is the best player that has ever played for the Wests Tigers. Benji of course was incredible, got us a premiership and has an incredible highlight reel but of course passes to the second row arent included. As far as an actual player standard, week in week out, for the 80mins. IMO Api is already the WT GOAT.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @southerntiger

Probably overcooking it, but I think Api is the best player that has ever played for the Wests Tigers. Benji of course was incredible, got us a premiership and has an incredible highlight reel but of course passes to the second row arent included. As far as an actual player standard, week in week out, for the 80mins. IMO Api is already the WT GOAT.

for me it is benji, put us on the map as a club and won a premiership and was also the face of the league. Plus if we can win a premiership he is also a coach too. 

Api I think is the best hooker in the game at the moment 

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: