Clear all

WT vs Sharks Rd 3 2024

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @loganr21

How Seyfarth is still there boggles the mind. 

Did you guys not watch reserve grade ??

If Matamua isn’t better than Seyfarth I’ll eat my own head.

maybe marginally, it’s not going to help the result anyways. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

This team makes sense in the context of what happened last week in first grade, what happened last week in in reggies and the players that are injured (Fainu). Fans that are calling for the NRL to intervene may not have noticed that we have just won two spoons in a row and have only recently made massive structural changes.

There were positives from last week and there were legitimate reasons for a slow start (long break, bye etc). Take the first 20mins out of that game and we probably still lose, against a good team but not demolished.

LEts let the team do the right thing one step at a time.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mickb

@avocadoontoast agree totally.

For a bonus point - can you tell me who was responsible for giving him a new contract?

Think it was the same guy who extended To’a. Disaster.

These guys Seyfarth To’a Toupou Stains and the like all have regressed in 18 months. Infact there’s very few players that have improved, would you not say?

I just think that the wests tigers as an organisation has run its race, and there is no coming back. NRL have to intervene imho.

Massive changes were made over the off season, they have to be given time to take effect.

Garry I’m with you on the playing side of things if any one thought one pre season and one game in a miracle was going to happen must be dreaming 

Garry and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

For the punters

Sharks $1.26

Storm Boy to win Golden Slipper $2.10

Double $2.60

Storm boy wins the Slipper at 4.40pm 

you then have the Sharks to win at $2.60 as opposed to current odds $1.26

If you were conservative you can lay the Tigers at $3.90 to cover your stake

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator
Topic starter  

We know for certain Seyfarth isn't going to contribute anything. We can't say the same for Matamua.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast This highlights everything that’s wrong at the club … why on earth was Seyfarth and  will put Twal into this category given another contract … after last season it was evident that a couple of big aggressive players were required . But no resign a couple of players that just have no impact , this was done under Marshal’s watch as well .The club wonders why the support base is not happy !

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@yanni The issue is mediocrity is rewarded, it’s been the same for a decade . If player A’s performance is not up to standard rewarding such does nothing but filter through the whole playing group .No one is expecting miracles but higher standards have to be met not rolling out individuals that are not up to the task weekly.. If player A is not performing you bring in Player B  who ever that is and this is the coaching staffs issue as they have put together the top 30 although not great you can not keep rewarding mediocrity!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

We know for certain Seyfarth isn't going to contribute anything. We can't say the same for Matamua.

prepared to give seyfarth another crack on the bench this week, don't particularly know if matamua is the answer either. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

As Ive said in the other thread, Id prefer to give Matamua a coulpe of weeks in reggies playing 13 and learning what the coaching staff want from him at that level before making the leap to first grade and floundering and trying to learn on the run.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

it will be good to see latu fainu in cup this week 

maybe in a few weeks it might be 

7. fainu

6. Galvin

14. sezer 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Looking forward to Sunday never seen Fainu play and Matamua in 13 to see if there is any hope there..

This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger Looking forward to Sunday never seen Fainu play and Matamua in 13 to see if there is any hope there..

agree mate

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator
Topic starter  

@tiger5150 I can understand that argument, but Seyfarth shouldn't remain while we give Matamua time to get up to speed. He isn't a first grader and I don't think he ever has been.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 I can understand that argument, but Seyfarth shouldn't remain while we give Matamua time to get up to speed. He isn't a first grader and I don't think he ever has been.

Id like this club to start to plan on more than a weekly basis.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Whilst maybe not a popular view and I cursed for at least 10mins when Seyfarth badly missed a tackle that led to Strange scoring, I do believe he is where he should be i.e. interchange bench, he can not handle the speed and aggression of the first 20 mins, gets stepped too easily and gives away too many penalties and 6 agains trying to slow the play the ball to make up for his lack of dominance in the tackle. Bring him on when the pace has slowed and its more of a grind, that's where he and Twal are best suited, predominately in defense. The preference would obviously be to only carry one of them (Twal) on the bench and replace Seyfarth with an impact player however it looks like the cupboard may be a little bare at the moment. 

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7
Share: