Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Warriors Rd 21 2024

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Bula dropping the Staines pass was a carbon copy of last week with Luke dropping the pass from Bula. Both should have been taken cleanly, neither should have been thrown. Should have been a solid hit up for a quick play the ball both times. 

We expect players will make errors but it would be nice if we could learn from them.

ReplyQuote
(@lfc_tiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My one word is outmuscled.

Once again we don't have the strength to bring their players down, and once again we can't make any metres with our forwards. We just look so much smaller than every other team out there.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

FORBEARANCE is my one word.As disappointing as it is to suffer this loss to the Warriors,I believe this is the time to take stock and hold the line.While it may not be obvious,all the greenhorns are banking invaluable minutes for the future,Benji inclusively.Hindsight is wonderful after the fact,but in my opinion calls for his removal are absolutely ludicrous,and infantile.  
  We’re a ridiculously young side.You can’t coach inexperience.We’re fast tracking youth and the overwhelming majority of the time this is the outcome.This time,no chopping and changing,no midstream reversals.Let’s just go with what we’ve implemented.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Got a few one words for this one

Fundamentals

Composure (no)

OVERCOOKED!!

Side note to Isaiah’s haircut 🤮

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

FORBEARANCE is my one word.As disappointing as it is to suffer this loss to the Warriors,I believe this is the time to take stock and hold the line.While it may not be obvious,all the greenhorns are banking invaluable minutes for the future,Benji inclusively.Hindsight is wonderful after the fact,but in my opinion calls for his removal are absolutely ludicrous,and infantile.  
  We’re a ridiculously young side.You can’t coach inexperience.We’re fast tracking youth and the overwhelming majority of the time this is the outcome.This time,no chopping and changing,no midstream reversals.Let’s just go with what we’ve implemented.

He can’t seem to coach experience either. All the senior players have gone backwards bar Api, who is being run into the ground.

Can’t run an interchange, selections are horrible, players in the backline being moved to different sides and positions, no game plans. 

You can say it’s infantile to call for him to be sacked, but I guarantee you, as long as he is here, it will get worse. The junior players won’t develop, Api will be broken in a year or less, and the new signings will regress and will be called duds. If that’s what you want, keep Benji.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast Marshall needs to move on and back to his media gig . I thought giving him some time to mould this team defensively and offensively would gradually show promise as the season progressed. Unfortunately after last night even previously this team is weak in all aspects of the game and shown no improvement in any elements of the game in fact many are going backwards !  Like it or not Marshall has no idea the players know it that’s why many of them want out , an experienced coach needs to be employed as next season will be again just making up the numbers as Marshall has shown nothing that gives any positivity to think otherwise what a debacle once again !

This post was modified 3 months ago by Snake

Kenny4517, Avo and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast What guarantee is that Avo? Your ability to predict the future? 
 Respectfully,but have to say that your last paragraph embodies pessimism on steroids.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@avocadoontoast What guarantee is that Avo? Your ability to predict the future? 
 Respectfully,but have to say that your last paragraph embodies pessimism on steroids.

I’ve been called pessimistic on forums for over a decade to the point where I was abused in dm’s. During that time we haven’t made the finals once. Being pessimistic doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

I’d also argue this is worst position we’ve probably ever been in. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I’d also argue this is worst position we’ve probably ever been in. 

Definitely the most critical. I see no evidence that you are wrong Avo. I am very concerned about Benji's coaching and it is happening at exactly the time we can least afford it.

Kenny4517, Snake, Avo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 It is certainly a critical time the team is bleeding its senior playing group regardless of reasons and are left with a bunch of plodders and teenagers . There seems no real strong recruitment other than Laui ( he must be having second thoughts ) .A coach that has made no mark and been around in that position for two seasons , Richardson must be having some serious thoughts as a 4th spoon is  pretty much guaranteed for next season  under Marshall .

Kenny4517 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Im sick of Plodders commanding big dollars at the Tigers. Talking about Bateman, I-Papps, Klemmer, Naden and Stefano.

We need to NO LONGER accept this culture.

For the first time in 25 years we can see sustained success possible, we need the right time of recruits to aid these young stars.

I trust Richo and Benji

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

My one Word for the Round PATIENCE

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I think our rock bottom was last week. Benji has given his senior players every opportunity to show the way to the younger players but they are just not up to it. If I were Benji, I would have dropped these seniors earlier this season. At least now Benji is setting some standards and has drawn the line in the sand on performance. Bateman and the seniors have been coasting for two seasons. Ice has to be the most unprofessional player I have seen. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

The team list next week is critical. If Stefano is picked, I’ll get on the bandwagon for Benji to be sacked.

ReplyQuote
SuperTrev
(@supertrev)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Benji is doing as good as he can do. I'm sure he would love to drop some players for their piss-poor efforts, but we literally have nobody else to replace them. If we drop Stefano, who replaces him? There are no youngsters ready to go. I'd love to see him dropped. At least until he has sorted out his future, but there is nobody ready to step up into 1st grade. I don't think any coach can do much better than what Benji is doing at the moment. The farmer doesn't have the cattle to win any prizes at the royal show just yet.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10
Share: