Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Souths Rd 20 2024

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

There needs to be massive changes in our forward pack, but with Klemmer and Bateman on massive money what can we do?

Just looked at the stats, why was Miller there if he only played a few minutes? Did he go off injured or was this just another example of incompetent use of the bench?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Too many kids in a man's game. Our squad construction has been beyond appalling. 5 teenagers in the 17 today, plus the two older Fainus and Faatape with only a handful of games each. Throw in the inexperienced coaching staff and it's a miracle we've won 4 games. 

Attitude lacking again - tiger5150's scenario is a perfect example. I can accept the errors due to inexperience or whatever, but there's still just too much that we get wrong due to lack of effort. Inexcusable. 

Nice to see the kids scoring some points, but just so frustrating to watch this garbage week after week, year after year. 

To be honest, I believe our kids were let down by our senior players today and have been for most of the season. The kids are good, the senior players are rubbish, including the one that keeps saying that if the younger players don't follow then they can go back to reserves.

Don't disagree with that. Bateman in particular was garbage today. Klemmer barely played (but still got more mins than Miller - what's the point of him playing up?), Doueihi still can't tackle and so on. 

I thought our wrestle was particularly bad today as well. Far too many quick PTBs allowed. Again, effort areas letting us down. 

Yet when we did try and slow the ruck we conceded penalties and six agains.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Dirty Reds and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

My word/s for this week is/are Ball Security. I know our defensive lapses allowed too many tries in but if we valued our possessions a little more and hung onto the ball like it mattered Souths would not have had as many attacking opportunities. We turned it over at least twice in the set after scoring and threw too many no-look, speculator, hail mary, flick passes when taking the tackle and a quick play the ball would have been a safer and better option. 

Chook, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

My word/s for this week is/are Ball Security. I know our defensive lapses allowed too many tries in but if we valued our possessions a little more and hung onto the ball like it mattered Souths would not have had as many attacking opportunities. We turned it over at least twice in the set after scoring and threw too many no-look, speculator, hail mary, flick passes when taking the tackle and a quick play the ball would have been a safer and better option. 

Couldn't agree more.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

A mixed bag today. We got the good, the bad and the ugly. We played well enough to win but found ways to lose it.

Klem, Sezer and Bateman are ineffective and holding the team back. Stef only had a couple of good runs but went missing for most of the game. I don’t blame the young guys for the mistakes, at least they were having a go.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My one word = Suicide Bomber. We just killed ourselves.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Just watched game on replay (much nicer then watching live). To be honest I am pretty happy with that game and excited about how the young kids played heading into next year. I hope to God we see Fainu Galvin halves next few weeks to see more of what Fainu has to offer. Stef was better, pole wonderful, TDS a breakout game. People who knock Bula have rocks in their head. 

and the negatives? Well Douhie doesn’t pass and that’s a giant problem when you play in a link role like centre. Plus every time he is tackled he is slow to his feet and slow to get back in the line. You could say it’s a fitness thing due to lack of pre season but I think he’s always been like that. I’m confident that Benji and co will see this and work with him to get that right because if you are a winger outside him you are going to catch a cold. Either that or he needs to move further into the middle of the park but then again I don’t rate his work rate. 

Bateman and Klemmer are just too old. We have to pay them to play in England or elsewhere. 

then you look at the big south’s boys in the middle and it makes you less worried about losing Stef, there are giant bodies out there that get paid half of what Stef is being offered and produce pretty much what he offers so no need to panic there (trust in Richo). Bottom line is that these kids are the real deal, they obviously love to play together and the problems in our squad are self evident (too many development players in top 30 who won’t make it and too many highly paid senior forwards who are past it). Solve these problems and we are going to be better next year and the year after.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

My 1 word. Encouraging. Good signs in attack especially by our young blokes. Good years are ahead.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Pretty Ugly. That’s to say we scored some pretty tries but conceded some ugly ones. The attack is the positive of late. And the defence was better in some areas yesterday. But we handed Souths great field position over and over again, with errors and penalties. Lullili is a kid and a talent. We should forgive him his mistakes and celebrate his skill. Others should know better.

The other frustrating thing yesterday was the poor bench management. The prop rotation is inexplicable. What is the point of Miller for 13 minutes, or Klemmer for 24 minutes? Pole has a missed tackle or two in him, but it’s likely when he’s fatigued. As others have said, the club seems lost on what to do with Latu.

All that said, I do think this side has another win in them. In 2024, that is. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Take your pick for my word of the week, they all have come to the same conclusion;

Self-destructing 

Self-sabotaging

Self-defeating

Self-destroying

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Luke Luallili with another off season or two couple be anything. Quite powerful already but excited to see what he can do with some more muscle on him

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Tele reporting Latu favourite to replace sezer in halves

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I assumed that would have been the plan anyway. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Anyone for AD at 7 ??

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @Anonymous

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Anyone for AD at 7 ??

Not in a million years.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: